May IUI's!!

Brief update...I called & asked about the pre-wash count...only 11 million...so with a post wash of over 9 million, that is like an 80% recovery!!! Those buggers are strong & determined this cycle! Recovery previous cycles was only 10% & a much lower count!

Beneathmywing - good luck on the response. I am sorry I know you have said this, but this IUI you are only doing clomid & monitored? Are you doing a trigger? I had no luck with clomid but I was not monitored, had no trigger, & only timed IUI with opks...so if you are being monitored & a trigger, you have much better odds! Good luck!

Brief update...I called & asked about the pre-wash count...only 11 million...so with a post wash of over 9 million, that is like an 80% recovery!!! Those buggers are strong & determined this cycle! Recovery previous cycles was only 10% & a much lower count!

Beneathmywing - good luck on the response. I am sorry I know you have said this, but this IUI you are only doing clomid & monitored? Are you doing a trigger? I had no luck with clomid but I was not monitored, had no trigger, & only timed IUI with opks...so if you are being monitored & a trigger, you have much better odds! Good luck!

Im doing clomid/monitored. Im probably timing with opks but I might ask about the trigger and see what my doctor says. Thank you!!

hey ladies, hope u all had a great weekend and good luck to all our ladies who are in the TWW :)

i am on CD 10 and started my OPK today hoping for a smiley tomorrow or wednesday. my fertility nurse sent me an email saying that once i get a smiley call her and well schedule the IUI for 2 days AFTER which really threw me off :/
then, ive never had pineapple before, but of course got hooked last week and ate it as a snack for like 3 days. read up on it and its GREAT post IUI helps with implantation but not so great the week before youre supposed to ovulate.
im feeling all kinds of way about all this but still hopeful

hey ladies, hope u all had a great weekend and good luck to all our ladies who are in the TWW :)

i am on CD 10 and started my OPK today hoping for a smiley tomorrow or wednesday. my fertility nurse sent me an email saying that once i get a smiley call her and well schedule the IUI for 2 days AFTER which really threw me off :/
then, ive never had pineapple before, but of course got hooked last week and ate it as a snack for like 3 days. read up on it and its GREAT post IUI helps with implantation but not so great the week before youre supposed to ovulate.

I would try not to worry too much about pineapple. It can create an overly acidic environment in the vagina for the sperm...but should not effect IUI. As far as post IUI, yes for DPO 1-5 eat pineapple...make sure it is the core...you can eat any of it, but just make sure it includes the core because that is all that matters post IUI.

Also look in to adding brazil nuts...also good for implanting :)

I would try not to worry too much about pineapple. It can create an overly acidic environment in the vagina for the sperm...but should not effect IUI. As far as post IUI, yes for DPO 1-5 eat pineapple...make sure it is the core...you can eat any of it, but just make sure it includes the core because that is all that matters post IUI.

thank you that makes me feel better :) still nervous abt the iui being 2 days after my surge.
funny thing as im reading about the pineapple, i was chewing on the core lmao

Hi Ladies:) Iui went well. I was super emotional last night and dh just gave me a hug and said it will all work out. I was very down after dh gave his sample coz it looked like there was only a drop of sperm! Took the sample in at 7am and went for the iui at 8:30am(iui actually done at 8:55am). Fs said the sample was good(I thought, what??). 45mil post-wash, 98% motility. So we were very surprised!! I won't have to do the pessaries as I surged on my own. I had a good chat with the fs and he assured me that we didn't miss my window. He says that the egg lasts 24 hours after its released, so we did the iui in time. I go for cd21 bloods to check prog. and go on cd28 for beta. Now my wait begins!!! Do you ladies think I should test out the trigger?

Those are great numbers girl! My DH sample this cycle wasn't great. 14 mil post with like 42% motility :(
I noticed a lot of ppl go back to check progesterone levels but my FS doesn't. I wonder why.
Anyways last cycle I was crazy and tested everyday from 5dptrigger to see when it left. This cycle I'll wait til 8 or 9 lol
It took 10 days last time.

I hope this is it for us!

Thanx:) my fs said anything over 3 million post wash is what we want for iui. I think I'll start testing at 7 dpo/6dpiui. Where are you in your cycle?

I'm 7dpiui today. I tested to see if I still had the trigger left and on an internet cheapie it's gone but on FRER it's still there. I'll try again in 3-4 days. I'm getting nervous lol hoping for good news this weekend

thank you that makes me feel better :) still nervous abt the iui being 2 days after my surge.

Lol I've heard about the pineapple thing too but idk if it really works. It didn't help me last time :( but I'll try anything at this point!
About doing the IUI 2 days after your smiley, I think the OPKs let you know in advance you are about to ovulate. When I trigger the IUI is also done 2 days later. Or 36 hours exactly
Good luck Hun! Fx for you!!

Lol I've heard about the pineapple thing too but idk if it really works. It didn't help me last time :( but I'll try anything at this point!
About doing the IUI 2 days after your smiley, I think the OPKs let you know in advance you are about to ovulate. When I trigger the IUI is also done 2 days later. Or 36 hours exactly
Good luck Hun! Fx for you!!

thats what i told my wife lol but ive been trying to see what others thoughts were on it hoping i wasnt just trying to make myself feel better lol

thank you and same to u!

Hi Ladies:) Iui went well. I was super emotional last night and dh just gave me a hug and said it will all work out. I was very down after dh gave his sample coz it looked like there was only a drop of sperm! Took the sample in at 7am and went for the iui at 8:30am(iui actually done at 8:55am). Fs said the sample was good(I thought, what??). 45mil post-wash, 98% motility. So we were very surprised!! I won't have to do the pessaries as I surged on my own. I had a good chat with the fs and he assured me that we didn't miss my window. He says that the egg lasts 24 hours after its released, so we did the iui in time. I go for cd21 bloods to check prog. and go on cd28 for beta. Now my wait begins!!! Do you ladies think I should test out the trigger?

Those are great numbers girl! My DH sample this cycle wasn't great. 14 mil post with like 42% motility :(
I noticed a lot of ppl go back to check progesterone levels but my FS doesn't. I wonder why.
Anyways last cycle I was crazy and tested everyday from 5dptrigger to see when it left. This cycle I'll wait til 8 or 9 lol
It took 10 days last time.

I hope this is it for us!

Thanx:) my fs said anything over 3 million post wash is what we want for iui. I think I'll start testing at 7 dpo/6dpiui. Where are you in your cycle?

I'm 7dpiui today. I tested to see if I still had the trigger left and on an internet cheapie it's gone but on FRER it's still there. I'll try again in 3-4 days. I'm getting nervous lol hoping for good news this weekend

Good luck! At least you've got the 1st week out the way! Fx you get those beautiful 2 lines. Sending you :dust:

Haha- funny you mention the pineapple thing, I've just eaten a few pieces of pineapple with the core. I've also read it helps with implantation. I've tried it before, but this is the 1st time with the iui. I've read that its not so good before ovulation, but this is only because of the negative impact it has on cervical fluid. So, eat away!!!lol

Haha- funny you mention the pineapple thing, I've just eaten a few pieces of pineapple with the core. I've also read it helps with implantation. I've tried it before, but this is the 1st time with the iui. I've read that its not so good before ovulation, but this is only because of the negative impact it has on cervical fluid. So, eat away!!!lol

that makes me feel soooo much better about it because it was my first time trying it last week and i fell in loveeeee. ate it for three days straight then my wife bought a pineapple that i ate lol last night we went to harris teeters bought one and as im chewing on the core i nearly spit it all out reading about it lol

Hi all. Went for US today and got 5 follicles on the left side( 2 (13) 2 (11) and 1 (9) ) the right side have no tube but it has 5 follicles.
The gonal f pen been mal functioning so I had extra dosages in me. We got that fixed and they lowered my dosage to 50 iu . They said iui possible sat.
I have a 2 question..at time of iui how many follicles are they usually? And what are their sizes? Thanks.

Hi all. Went for US today and got 5 follicles on the left side( 2 (13) 2 (11) and 1 (9) ) the right side have no tube but it has 5 follicles.
The gonal f pen been mal functioning so I had extra dosages in me. We got that fixed and they lowered my dosage to 50 iu . They said iui possible sat.
I have a 2 question..at time of iui how many follicles are they usually? And what are their sizes? Thanks.

Hi Miraclemaking:) that is a good amount of follies! My clinic will cancel iui if there are more than 3 dominant follies, but every clinic is different. Follie sizes differ from 1 woman to the next. From what I've experienced is that my follies don't even reach 20mm and they would ovulate. I've read some ladies getting big follies @ 24mm,22mm and so on. Sometimes the smaller follies will stop growing and the bigger follies will take the lead and sometimes you may only have 1 that actually ruptures. Not sure if what I'm saying makes any sense, but that's just the way I see it. Good luck and I hope iui will be this sat! Fx for you hun!

that makes me feel soooo much better about it because it was my first time trying it last week and i fell in loveeeee. ate it for three days straight then my wife bought a pineapple that i ate lol last night we went to harris teeters bought one and as im chewing on the core i nearly spit it all out reading about it lol

They are yummy! I don't blame for going overboard,lol. I love them too, but just realized that I've got a slight uti. Not sure if its the pineapple, but that's the only thing I've been eating differently the last 3days! So that just proves the acidy part! Argh!

Hi girlies 😁 Ive tried the pineapple core a few times, no luck with it yet! Also heard about the Brazilian nuts. Id pretty much try anything if someone said it works lol

Beneathmywing- lol! Same here! I've tried basically everything I've read online and mind you, I've read a lot,lol! All we have is hope, right?

They are yummy! I don't blame for going overboard,lol. I love them too, but just realized that I've got a slight uti. Not sure if its the pineapple, but that's the only thing I've been eating differently the last 3days! So that just proves the acidy part! Argh!

oh no i hope you feel better. UTIs are the worse

Claudia-yip, they are the worst! But it seemed to have cleared up somewhat, but I've still got 2 more days of eating the pineapple!

wilchic- make sure youre drinking lots of water :)

so my wife and i have our meeting with the social worker today to get our letter saying were cleared to use donor sperm :) weird but we have to do it before we can do our IUI, then were off to pick up our sperm! weirder lol im cd 11 and second day peeing on my OPK and hoping for a smiley soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->