May IVF

Mrs T

Reaction score
:hi::hi::hi:
I've spoke to some of you about starting IVF or like me trying again, am sure there was a few of us starting in May.
Just thought it would be good for us to get together in one thread so we can help each other through the next month with all the highs :happydance:and lows :cry: and install some PMA :yipee: . Think it would be great to chat about how everyone is preparing themselves for their cycle etc.
So sign up girls.........:friends:

Starting down reg drugs on 9th May. I don't feel stressed about it but I will be honest, I am having panic attacks. Literal, God awful panic attacks about LETTERS at work, about the fact that I did not save something in Times New Roman, about the fact that left my computer switched on, about the fact that I did not do 30 minutes on the Wii Fit last night.

How is it that I am not in the slightest bit stressed out about IVF yet I am having panic attacks about work?

am no expert but I'd say the stressing at work its probably coming from worrying about next months IVF...even though your not worried!

The though of failed IVF? I feel nothing. The thought of a letter I sent on Friday being wrong, despite the fact that our managing director was the one that told me to send it? Actually had me awake at 4am shaking, having hot sweats and barely able to breathe. This entire weekend has been spent worrying about nothing problems at work...but, feeling fine about IVF. My brain is clearly wrong.

When do you start down reg?

Hi there

I've been on some tablets for the last 6 weeks to try & improve my egg quality & started my stimming injections 4 days ago...got a scan tomorrow to see how the follicles are going so fingers crossed. This is my 4th IVF, was successful on the 1st, but unfortunately mmc, (my 2nd). So, think I may be ahead of you, but would be great to keep in contact!

Love Jayne x

Good luck girls, watching you all and cheering you on xx

hi

Hope its ok for me to join in.

I start down reg drugs on the 17th of May. I am quite nervous aout it all but look forward to starting. i have been a little bit stressed and had a couple of sleepless nights. ive been going for short little walks when i feel alittle stressed seems to help me.

Wish u all good luck with your cycles and cant wait to hear how u get on

:hug::dust:

Hi there

I've been on some tablets for the last 6 weeks to try & improve my egg quality & started my stimming injections 4 days ago...got a scan tomorrow to see how the follicles are going so fingers crossed. This is my 4th IVF, was successful on the 1st, but unfortunately mmc, (my 2nd). So, think I may be ahead of you, but would be great to keep in contact!

Love Jayne x

Hi Jayne
Good luck with the scan today, keep us posted.
My problem was egg quality too, what tablets are you taking to improve things?? Did you down regulate or just stimulating?

Wow this is your 4th time, you must be an IVF expert by now. Am expecting to start my folical stimulation drugs around the 12th May, depending on the :witch:
:hug:

hi

Hope its ok for me to join in.

I start down reg drugs on the 17th of May. I am quite nervous aout it all but look forward to starting. i have been a little bit stressed and had a couple of sleepless nights. ive been going for short little walks when i feel alittle stressed seems to help me.

Wish u all good luck with your cycles and cant wait to hear how u get on

:hug::dust:
hello Wrightywales

of course your welcome here, I think it helps to know we're not alone in this. Am sure we can help each other get through the ivf and share some tips that will increase our chances of getting that long awaited :bfp:

Sounds like your managing your stress, its only natural to be worried. Have you thought about trying accupuncture? I did last month and loved it, obviuosly it didnt help me get pregnant but it did a lot towards helping me relax. I always slept like a baby the night following treatment. I also listened to a relaxation/visualisation cd everyday.... must start doing that again!!

Hi there,

I'd like to join this thread. I've been on vacation for a few weeks, and while away started down reg. drugs. Its CD1 today - so I start stimming on Wednesday.

I'm feeling very hopeful that this will work, but terrified that it won't. I don't know that I can afford another try, and pretty sure I won't be able to afford another try - none of this is covered for me.

My last IVF cycle was cancelled at my first blood test... yep. My E2 was too high. So we are trying again with a new protocol.

But... going in with positive vibes and hoping for a baby at the end.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck girls, watching you all and cheering you on xx

Thanks for the support FJL
Look forward to hearing all your tips and advise.....I know you know your stuff!

Hi there,

I'd like to join this thread. I've been on vacation for a few weeks, and while away started down reg. drugs. Its CD1 today - so I start stimming on Wednesday.

I'm feeling very hopeful that this will work, but terrified that it won't. I don't know that I can afford another try, and pretty sure I won't be able to afford another try - none of this is covered for me.

My last IVF cycle was cancelled at my first blood test... yep. My E2 was too high. So we are trying again with a new protocol.

But... going in with positive vibes and hoping for a baby at the end.

Good luck everyone!

Hi Latestarter

Welcome back from your holidays, hope you had a great time. Did you go anywhere nice??
Its very exciting that your starting your Stimulation drugs on Wednesday. Keep up the PMA, thats all we can do and let science..... and luck do their thing!
Its my 2nd time around, I feel more nervous this time but I'm begining to get excited about it now. This time I think I know more, not just what to expect but theres so many things I found out about improving my chances this time that I didnt know before. So am more positive and am activly preparing my body and mind for cycle NO 2.
Even if this is possibly your only shot at IVF, try not to think of it that way.... you might be giving yourself some unesscesery stress.
Keep us posted

Hi Girls

I would like to join up! I just waititng for my period to start. Should be in a week as am feeling the sore boobs already! After that i will be down regging on day 19. so am guessing it will be around the 23rd May. I really appreciate reading how everyone else is doing in the run up to starting. I too think I am feeling more stressed than I thought i was. I feel snappy and critical of DH, I feel unmotivated at work, and teary at the slightest thing. I don't feel like i can really talk about it either as most people think i should be really happy and positive. Plus i don't want people to know about treatment as dreading it if i fail. I am trying to be but its hard. I don't even know why I am like this. I feel negative like its not going to work and i don't deserve it to work because I brought this on myself. I also feel like I am constantly having to remind DH about not drinking and being healthy. It feels too much. I don't want to nag but i am. Sorry I am ranting now :hissy:

Ever since treatment planning session have felt negative but maybe its just a phase and i will get back to my psotive self again. I have been having acupuncture for months and it really helps my stress but even last weeks session didn't help. I will continue acupuncture all through IVF just in case it improves my chances and it will help with any stress i feel.

:hug: to all you lovely ladies.

Mrs F

I see you live in Qatar. In my teenage years we lived in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, just over the causeway from Bahrain. Anyway was just wondering where you are getting your treatment and what it is like? Does it get really humid there in the summer?

Hi Everyone.
I'm pretty new on here and haven't posted much but I start my down reg drugs 9th May - same as Curly Sue - so thought I would join up to this thread. I don't know why but the closer it gets to starting the drugs, the more scared I am that IVF will fail. This is my first cycle so I am a (nervous) IVF virign!! I am hoping that being on this thread and getting/giving support and advice from you ladies will help me cope!!
Good Luck everyone xx

Hi Ladies

Can I join up tooo? :happydance: This is such a great idea and help us keep sane. This is my 1st cycle, quite anxious and excited to get going. Im currently been down reg for a few months now and will start stimulating my ovaries on the 15th May (after the go ahead from FS). Is anyone else stimulating around that time?

Mrs F

I see you live in Qatar. In my teenage years we lived in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, just over the causeway from Bahrain. Anyway was just wondering where you are getting your treatment and what it is like? Does it get really humid there in the summer?

Oh yes it gets really humid come June/July for a couple of months. Its already too hot, 35 today!
I started out see a private fertility specilist here but when it came down to us needing IVF she recomemded we didnt do it in Qatar!!! We decided to travel to London, last time I came back for treatment and stay for a month but my DH only came over just before the egg collection. He's got to say in Doha and make the money to pay clinic!!!

Hi Ladies

Can I join up tooo? :happydance: This is such a great idea and help us keep sane. This is my 1st cycle, quite anxious and excited to get going. Im currently been down reg for a few months now and will start stimulating my ovaries on the 15th May (after the go ahead from FS). Is anyone else stimulating around that time?

I sould be starting my fs injections about then too, depending on the :witch: arrival! I dont know wheather am more scare 2nd time around or not, 1st time I was so sure it was going to work but here I am again! I know I'll be nervous when I get my 1st folical scan because if I dont get more than last time I will feel deflated!
BUt we're all here for the PMA :happydance:

and a splash of :dust:to us all :hug:

Hi Everyone.
I'm pretty new on here and haven't posted much but I start my down reg drugs 9th May - same as Curly Sue - so thought I would join up to this thread. I don't know why but the closer it gets to starting the drugs, the more scared I am that IVF will fail. This is my first cycle so I am a (nervous) IVF virign!! I am hoping that being on this thread and getting/giving support and advice from you ladies will help me cope!!
Good Luck everyone xx

Hello Robbie74
I like the 'IVF virgin' :rofl:
There are few 'virgins' here but also some repeat offenders like me. We're all here to support each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"