May IVF

Hi Girls

I would like to join up! I just waititng for my period to start. Should be in a week as am feeling the sore boobs already! After that i will be down regging on day 19. so am guessing it will be around the 23rd May. I really appreciate reading how everyone else is doing in the run up to starting. I too think I am feeling more stressed than I thought i was. I feel snappy and critical of DH, I feel unmotivated at work, and teary at the slightest thing. I don't feel like i can really talk about it either as most people think i should be really happy and positive. Plus i don't want people to know about treatment as dreading it if i fail. I am trying to be but its hard. I don't even know why I am like this. I feel negative like its not going to work and i don't deserve it to work because I brought this on myself. I also feel like I am constantly having to remind DH about not drinking and being healthy. It feels too much. I don't want to nag but i am. Sorry I am ranting now :hissy:

Ever since treatment planning session have felt negative but maybe its just a phase and i will get back to my psotive self again. I have been having acupuncture for months and it really helps my stress but even last weeks session didn't help. I will continue acupuncture all through IVF just in case it improves my chances and it will help with any stress i feel.

:hug: to all you lovely ladies.
Its good to rant, we can all take it cause we've all been there!! I'd blame the :witch: as she on her way. Thats my excuse to my dh everytime!! :rofl:

:shock: Gosh there is a lot of us doing the IVF thing!
Maybe we need a team name or something..... any suggestions???

hey girls, firstly hope all goes well for you. i have my first ivf consultation in june, so this tread is nice for me, as im not sure what to expect so hope you wont mind me popping by to see how your all getting on and to ask some questions!!!

xxx

A team IVF Thread name sounds fun - but nothing pops to mind right away... I'll think about it.

May Queens
The stress busters
To BFN or to BFP
TPT - Team Positive Thinking

Gosh its really hard!! Feel lots better today.

Dilek - why do some people down reg for so long? glad you will be starting soon now.

Good news for us May IVF-er's.
I read in my fertility book- 'IVF seems to work better in spring and summer, the time for growth and renewal within the natural cycle. In autumn and winter nature is dormant and the body needs rest and sleep rather than action. If time is on your side and you have a choice, opt to begin treatment in sping rather than winter'.'

So May is a good time for us to start IVF :happydance:

Good morning Brambletess
Glad your feeling better today.
I booked myself in for a relaxing hour of reflexology yesterday, tunrned out to be quite painfull! It was a different girl I got and she was all over the my feet felt like she had no clue...... aggrrrrr. Wish I was back in London getting my accupuncture.
am stuck thinking of a team name too.

How about team, 'May' be Baby ?????

Like that Team 'May be Baby. Good news about IVF working in Spring better! it makes sense. Its when all the little lambs and kittens are born. My nurse at IVF clinic is pregnant and told me she is having a run of postives with her clients. Could be the pregnat vibes she is giving off.

Re: Reflexology, think it can depend what kind of day they are having. One session my acupuncture was really painful but acupuncturist had been in a rush to arrive on time and was quite tired. Most of the time its fine. Hopefully next time will be better.

What is your clinic like in Doha? or will you be going back to London for IVF?

I know its on the other thread but took stock of what you said about ivf diet and have stepped mine up a notch or two. Cake eating slip up at weekend is over and am now back on the case. The worst for me is drinking 2 litres of water a day, am constantly on loo.

Must do some work now.

I do hope you pick up the pregnancy vibe for the clinic nurse. At my work we had a run of receptionists getting pregnant, we joked it was the chair! I tried sitting on it but it didnt work..... no ones been pregnant since I sat on the chair..... I broke the spell!!! :rofl:

I'll be coming back to London again for treatment. At the moment my flight and everything is booked for the 10th May. I'm sure am ovulating today so hopefull my prediction of AF should right, so I can be at the clinic for cd2.

I do feel much better after the detox... it finished today and I've lost 4.8kg. Just on healthy eating! I plan to keep the healthy eating/living going. You say you wont stop peeing on 2 lts of water, just wait until your half way through fs injections... I was up 4 times a night! I didnt know at the time it was the growing folicals making me wee so much more!!! Oh happy days!!!:happydance:

I love that name 'May be baby' Thats wicked :happydance:

Brambles I have been down reg for a while to control my endometriosis and the :witch: and my hormones feed the endo. So I havnt seen :witch:since Jan. Whats worse PMS or Hot flushes???? Hmm I think I prefer PMS!

Whats this IVF diet? Ladies what should I be cutting out of my diet? I take allot of ibuprofen to contol pain, should i be taking paracetomol instead?

Yes, my book say's NSAID's/Ibuprofen can interfere with ovulation but paracetomol is safe to use.
The diet is detoxing the liver so it able to hand the ivf drugs more efficently. The main thing is to cut out caffeine, alcohol, fizzy drinks, salt, processed and sugary foods and smoking... because they prevent the absorbtion of vitamins and mineral that are needed for fertility. Eating healthly, drinking at least 2litres of water daily, eat good proteins approx 60g per day but no red meat.
Its tough but am at the stage I'd do anything!

Hey,

I love "May be Baby" too - a great team name.

I start stimming TOMORROW!!! Woo Hoo.

Happy to hear that spring IVF's tend to work...

Anyone else out there stimming yet?

Hi Latestarter how exciting your stimming tommorrow, I will follow you on May 15. How are the injections going?

Latestarter - good luck with the stimming.let us know all about it. Sorry to be ignoramous but is stimming the fsh injections? I am way behind you, don't start until end of may.

Thanks everyone.

I have been on synarel for the down reg. portion of this. And its a nasal spray. I HATE it. I could never have a cocaine habit. :rofl: So, no injections so far. (but I did superfact last go around - and had no trouble with the injections)

Tomorrow I start FSH. 75b iu of repronex in the morning, and 225 iu of puregon in the evening. My first blood test is on Saturday.

I'm praying that all goes well. My last attempt I didn't make it past the first blood test! But I was on a flare protocol last time (very little down reg.) and this time, I'm on a more usual long protocol. So, I'm really, really hopeful this cycle - and fully expect to be knocked up by the end of the month.:happydance::happydance:

But looks like I'm leading the way for the "May be Baby" team!

Hopefully we will all be in first tri by June!!!

Morning (or whatever time of day depending on where you are) Girls

Can anyone give some advice. I have read that jacuzzis and warm baths are a no no when having IVF. I can't assertain whether they should be avoided in the lead up to IVF as well. I am still 4 weeks away from starting drugs and am trying to get body into peak condition. My firend and i are planning on going to a spa on saturday but seeing as most of it involves hot-tubs and saunas, not sure if i should go now. We can always do something esle instead.

Thanks for any advice.

Morning (or whatever time of day depending on where you are) Girls

Can anyone give some advice. I have read that jacuzzis and warm baths are a no no when having IVF. I can't assertain whether they should be avoided in the lead up to IVF as well. I am still 4 weeks away from starting drugs and am trying to get body into peak condition. My firend and i are planning on going to a spa on saturday but seeing as most of it involves hot-tubs and saunas, not sure if i should go now. We can always do something esle instead.

Thanks for any advice.

I would have thought you'd be ok since your dont start for 4 weeks?????? From what I know and have read, its good to keep warm. I've even been told to keep a hotting on my abdomen at least once a day to keep the ovaries warm and increasing the blood suppy to the area.
Any ways everyday feels like a sauna in Doha for me!!!!

:yipee:yeh to Latestarter for being the 1st in Maybe baby to start fs injections.
Good luck :hug:
The first injection feel weird to do but it dosnt hurt and you'll get used to it very quickly..... you have to cause these so many!!!!:dohh:
keep us posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->