May/June Flowers 2023

I really want to be able to hold off telling anyone until my 12 week scan. I’ll probably cave and tell my mum coz I feel bad not telling her as I tell her everything, but she’ll keep it to herself. I couldn’t hide it with Ollie because my sickness was so bad I ended up on medication. But my brother and his wife are expecting their 2nd baby next month so I really don’t want to take away from their time especially with this being our 6th. To be honest I’m a little worried how most people will take it as it seems the more babies you have the more people just react with “what, another one”. It’s still a new little life at the end of the day. Makes me feel sad that I can’t be as excited as my first or 2nd baby. Shouldn’t have to worry about peoples reactions but I know that’s what I’m going to get. It makes me feel bad for my baby, like their not as special as my others and no one will feel as happy and excited about them because we already have 5. It’s just sad :-(

@Laurabub84 exactly. it IS really sad, and a horrible feeling to want to not deal with other peoples’ responses. I just hope I never make my kids feel the way my parents can make me feel. They are wonderful, loving people. They just disagree with my life choices (big family, homeschooling, we have different political/social views etc… which I couldn’t care less about but they struggle with all that) and they seem more concerned with voicing their disapproval than with trying to understand where I’m coming from :(

My parents weren't *excited* but they also weren't unhappy or anything. I just think it's normal that the 6th baby isn't *as* exciting as the first and that's fair enough. No one has reacted poorly or made any negative comments or whatever at least.

@Laurabub84 exactly. it IS really sad, and a horrible feeling to want to not deal with other peoples’ responses. I just hope I never make my kids feel the way my parents can make me feel. They are wonderful, loving people. They just disagree with my life choices (big family, homeschooling, we have different political/social views etc… which I couldn’t care less about but they struggle with all that) and they seem more concerned with voicing their disapproval than with trying to understand where I’m coming from :(

I hope they don’t give you a hard time. It’s really not fair.
My mum will be ok with it I hope. Although I got upset months ago and she came in and saw so dh told her I’d been struggling because I wanted another baby. Her response was “you don’t want anymore Laura”. But I don’t think she’ll be surprised when I tell her. My dads so laid back he’ll be fine and dh mum loves a baby so I think her and his dad will be ok too. It’s more our siblings and then people around us. What upset me the most with Emma and Ollie is when people would comment that we must be at it like rabbits and assume we just don’t bother with contraception. But I had a hard time falling with my last 3 because I don’t usually have regular cycles. I’ve been so so lucky with this one. When you finally fall pregnant it’s such a time of overwhelming excitement and happiness whether it’s your 1st or 10th, I don’t understand why some people feel the need to put a downer on something so special. It doesn’t matter how many children someone has, that child is just as special as the others and deserves be treated the same.

Hi! I’m so happy to be here, I’m 6 weeks pregnant with baby due at the beginning of June. It’s an IVF pregnancy, and it’s going to be my first baby. I have an ultrasound in one week, I’m so nervous I need to know everything’s ok. I don’t have my first midwife appointment until 3 weeks from now. I’m having nausea and some vomiting which is making it hard to hide it at work lol, I think I will tell everyone after this first ultrasound. I don’t have many other symptoms other than the nausea and some period-like cramps.
Well I hope you’re having a great day! Look forward to hear how you all are doing
Welcome and congrats!!!!

@NDH so glad the nausea is better! I am dreading telling most people :( my parents especially will have a shitty reaction. We’re barely speaking right now cause of their extreme disapproval of my decision to homeschool. So sick of their criticism of me and our family choices. It’s a theme and it sucks.
I know exactly how you feel. I’m also judged for homeschooling/having a large family. Makes me want to keep the baby a secret until they are born.

@3boys me too. I’m tempted not to say anything until we see family at Christmas and it’s obvious.
I can’t wait to tell DH’s parents though- they will be thrilled. They’re amazing.

Finally starting to feel some nausea, yay!!! And my sense of smell has heightened. Certain smells are starting to bother me. I’m so happy to finally be feeling some symptoms :dance:
Sorry I literally laughed at loud at your post. Delighted you’re starting to feel terrible :rofl:

I was worried about telling people about our 4th (obviously that won’t happen now) and I was going to just announce a surprise birth! but this ectopic has made me think “F everyone else” (excuse the language). This has devastated me and hurt me just as much as it would if it was my first baby. It’s your child at the end of the day and if people can’t be happy for you then stuff them! Embrace your babies whether it’s your 1st or your 10th. All special!

Sorry I literally laughed at loud at your post. Delighted you’re starting to feel terrible :rofl:

I know, right. Give me another week and I won’t be feeling so happy about it anymore :haha: but right now it’s such a relief. I actually feel pregnant today and it’s amazing :happydance:

I know, right. Give me another week and I won’t be feeling so happy about it anymore :haha: but right now it’s such a relief. I actually feel pregnant today and it’s amazing :happydance:
I know. I was exactly the same.

I was worried about telling people about our 4th (obviously that won’t happen now) and I was going to just announce a surprise birth! but this ectopic has made me think “F everyone else” (excuse the language). This has devastated me and hurt me just as much as it would if it was my first baby. It’s your child at the end of the day and if people can’t be happy for you then stuff them! Embrace your babies whether it’s your 1st or your 10th. All special!
You are absolutely right.

@IsabellaJayne wow, thank you for that. You’re so right. I don’t want any negativity around this baby- (s)he is so loved and wanted, every bit as much as our first, and all in between. Hope you are well <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->