• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May/June Flowers 2023

I have an issue, my new neighbour smokes weed and it is so strong, the smell comes in my house, I'm worried it will cause problems for the baby. I'm considering calling the police but I don't want to be a neighbourhood Karen

@ukgirl23 it definitely won’t hurt the baby, but you have a right not to have that crap in your house!! Is she someone you could talk to at all? I’m sorry that’s so obnoxious

I live in Canada - I am no stranger to the smell of weed. Everyone and their dog smokes openly here since it became legal. It stinks but it's not going to hurt your baby. The research on smoking it while pregnant is mixed, but certainly when you're not the one doing it and just breathing in smoke drifting through fresh air from the neighbours it's not going to do any harm.

Dont call the cops - but there's no harm in speaking directly to the neighbours and explaining that you're super sensitive to smells being pregnant and ask them if they're able to smoke elsewhere where you will be less bothered by the smell. That is not an unreasonable request.

I have an issue, my new neighbour smokes weed and it is so strong, the smell comes in my house, I'm worried it will cause problems for the baby. I'm considering calling the police but I don't want to be a neighbourhood Karen

we have the same problem with our neighbours. That and the smell of their normal cigarettes. It’s super frustrating having to deal with it. Even more so when we don’t smoke ourselves. I don’t really know how to advice you hun as we’ve just put up with it. I hope your able to discuss it with them tho because it’s really not fair that you have to deal with it

I caved yesterday and called my gp about this morning sickness. I can’t handle it, it’s so bad. Haven’t eaten in two days and I feel awful. It’s so hard to function and be a mum to my children. I’ve been prescribed cyclizine. It’s the same as what I took with my son but I was about 8 1/2 weeks. I’m only 7 this time so I have the guilt and paranoia that it might cause problems. I have taken one today because if I carry on the way I am I’ll end up in hospital on drips where they’ll probably give this stuff anyway but urgh, it’s horrible and I wish I didn’t have to take anything. I’m gonna give it a couple of days and hopefully get some relief from it and try again without

@Laurabub84 i am so so sorry. That sounds absolutely miserable. I hope that the medication helps you a lot. It’s so hard when you still have to parent little kids.

I caved yesterday and called my gp about this morning sickness. I can’t handle it, it’s so bad. Haven’t eaten in two days and I feel awful. It’s so hard to function and be a mum to my children. I’ve been prescribed cyclizine. It’s the same as what I took with my son but I was about 8 1/2 weeks. I’m only 7 this time so I have the guilt and paranoia that it might cause problems. I have taken one today because if I carry on the way I am I’ll end up in hospital on drips where they’ll probably give this stuff anyway but urgh, it’s horrible and I wish I didn’t have to take anything. I’m gonna give it a couple of days and hopefully get some relief from it and try again without

Oh dear. Your morning sickness sounds terrible. Its soo soo hard when you're hungry but you can't stomach anything. I really hope that cyclizine helps you to get some relief! Ahhh.... can your husband help you out at home more?? Could you rest / sleep more? I slept almost until noon today with a wake-up from 8-9am and I felt like a brand-new person. I really do think that having more rest does help with morning / all-day sickness. I do have a constant 24/7 hangover / headachy feeling that does cause some severe nausea sometimes but so far no puking and I can eat normally.

Just had my first appt and ultrasound and baby looks amazing!!! (S)he was moving around so much we didn’t get great pics but I’ll post one anyway. I am sooooo excited!!!

View attachment 1112089

What a lovely ultrasound photo!!! Do you have a hunch if baby is going to be a boy / girl??? I remember when I was pregnant with my girl, you were pregnant with your boy! And then you had another girl, so I'm guessing you're having a boy next!

Argh! I smelled weed for the first time (some people at the playground) when I moved to Germany and I was like "What the heck is that terrible smell!!!! Argh!!!" My husband told me that it's weed and it's legal to smoke it privately and for leisure purposes. I totally hate that smell! I don't know what to do if I were you. I guess I would bake a cake or something and bring it to the neighbour and ask if they could agree with a time schedule of when they want to smoke weed. Maybe when you are out of the house, so you close all your windows? Perhaps explain that you're pregnant and you have terrible morning / all-day sickness and the smell of weed aggravates your sickness. I used to have a neighbour who lived downstairs and who played the electric drums and my babies used to take a nap in the afternoon and the music was pretty loud! I knocked on his door and asked if he could turn the volume down cos of the sleeping babies and he stopped his drumming altogether.

Oh no must be strong. Hopefully you can talk to them about smoking somewhere else if it’s an option coz otherwise could be awkward calling the cops. I don’t think the 2nd hand smoke from weed is as bad as cigarettes but still not ideal. Hope it gets better xxx

@ukgirl23 hopefully if you talk to them they might just move to a different spot or be more aware of the smoke travelling. Ive only ever had the smell once in the house from a neighbour and omg its an awful smell! Hope you can find something that helps.

@Laurabub84 i really hope it helps! I had a mum friend that had hg with 2 of her pregnancies and every 2 weeks was on a drip in hospital. Its bloody awful being that sick. You're doing whats best :) im sure they wouldnt prescribe it if it was going to affect the baby badly x

Yeh I will try to talk to the woman who lives there, she's pregnant too!! We are a month apart I think, I'm used to the smell of weed here and there but this is like super strong like its mixed with something else, I left to go on the school run with my youngest and we were both gagging. We drove out of there as fast as possible lol x

@Laurabub84 that sounds awful I hope your morning sickness goes away soon :( you’ve definitely got that bad sickness whatever it’s called. It’s better for you to take the medicine honestly glad you’ve taken it. If you’re worried maybe you could take it every second day not sure if it works like that tho.

I’m just super tired. I had a good 9 hrs sleep last night but woke up this morning feeling like I’m hungover like I only had a couple hours sleep and the feeling doesn’t go away. I forgot how tired you get when pregnant and it’s so early so not looking forward to it getting worse with the sickness as well! The things we wish on ourselves haha

Well, we told the grandparents. DH’s parents were characteristically wonderful and so excited and happy. My parents acted unsurprised and kind of funny but it was better than I expected so I’ll take it and at least it’s done now!

Well, we told the grandparents. DH’s parents were characteristically wonderful and so excited and happy. My parents acted unsurprised and kind of funny but it was better than I expected so I’ll take it and at least it’s done now!
True glad it went better than expected xxxx I just saw you’ve had a good pattern of girl boy girl boy. Do you feel it will be a girl this time?

MrsKatie I'm glad they reacted better than you expected.
I don't mind when people aren't brimming with excitement about a pregnancy announcement as long as they don't react negatively.

@NDH yes, it wasn’t perfect but I’ll totally take it haha.

@MumwithPCOS yeah our youngest is a girl and I feel boy with this one! We’ll see in like 6ish months, ha!

Oh Laura I hope you get some relief soon.

i woke up yesterday morning to bleeding which sent me in a panic. I haven’t registered with the local hospital and was sure I read somewhere that they don’t scan in a&e they just refer you to epu. So hubby and I drove 3 hours to my old hospital. They had 1 doctor for the entire maternity hospital as it was a Sunday which meant a long long wait and because of covid hubby had to wait in car. Thankfully all was fine. Lovely to see baby has grown arms and legs since last scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->