• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May/June Flowers 2023

So many new people, that’s exciting! Congratulations everyone!
My early ultrasound was today, everything looks great! Baby’s got a strong heartbeat and is even measuring two days ahead. I’m so relieved.

We still haven’t told almost anyone , we are thinking about waiting until week 10 more or less. When did you start telling close relatives? And at work??

So many new people, that’s exciting! Congratulations everyone!
My early ultrasound was today, everything looks great! Baby’s got a strong heartbeat and is even measuring two days ahead. I’m so relieved.

We still haven’t told almost anyone , we are thinking about waiting until week 10 more or less. When did you start telling close relatives? And at work??

how exciting you got to have an early scan. I’ve never held off telling people before. With my son I wanted to but my morning sickness got so bad I couldn’t hide it. So far we’ve kept this one to ourselves but i am again struggling with morning sickness quite bad. My children are starting to wonder why I’m not eating meals. But being my 6th I’m scared of everyone’s reaction and my brother and his wife are due their 2nd baby in around 3 weeks so I really want to let them have their time before I say anything. Problem is she was two weeks over with her first and if she’s the same this time I’ll have weeks to try and hide it because I also don’t want to tell straight after baby’s born and everyone think I’m selfish and stealing their thunder as the saying goes. But I don’t know how I’m going to hide it. We see our parents daily. If it wasn’t for the morning sickness I would happily keep it to ourselves until 2nd trimester but again that’s only because I’m worried how everyone will take it and not because I’m superstitious. I’m glad everything was perfect at your scan

I'm 13+3 and we've still only just told my parents, kids and one friend who I've seen in person. We wanted to tell my parents in person before we told anyone else, and while we were will my parents from 4 weeks to 7 weeks, my husband hadn't wrapped his head around the pregnancy yet at that point (it was a surprise lol) so we didn't want to say anything until we had a chance to see them again. And I was almost 12 weeks when that happened. Haven't really seen anyone else in person in the meantime yet, and I don't plan to announce on social media or anything - will just be telling people as we see them. With some exceptions for friends who love too far away to see in person

I told my mum today and 2 friends that knew we were trying. but now I don’t feel pregnant at all except for tender boobs. Still not well. Officially 4 weeks today!
I just realised I’d better book a doctors appointment! I’m nervous for my levels and everything though.

We told our close family this evening. His parents were fine about it as was my brother and sister. Am quite upset by my mums reaction tho. She didn’t seem too happy. Feeling quite emotional about it right now but it is what it is. I’m expecting many more people to have the same opinion. :-(

I am so sorry to hear that @Laurabub84! I'm hoping it was just an initial shock and that she realizes she may have hurt you and comes around.

I, unfortunately, found out two days after the loss of my niece and her grandmother and our other best friend and my mother came into town the day it happened to be supportive of my best friend (the three of us are very close, like sisters, and my mother if very close to the mother of my niece and baby girl's middle name is my mother's first name).

So, when I found out and was completely shocked, I brought the test out for them to look at. At that exact moment, another friend walked in my house bringing coffees and to sit with us for a while and she saw us all three huddled around the test looking at the VVFL. I then told my friend who lost her daughter and MIL a few days later and she told her husband. Otherwise, I've told no one else and I have no idea when or how I will now, with everything.

I HAD planned a big reveal for my mother by driving the 3.5 hrs to her house and giving her a present that says something like "There's no place like home, except Grandma's house" because the nursery is going to be Wizard of Oz themed.

Oh, and some background, I conceived w/ at home IUI w/ frozen donor sperm because I am 34 and so over waiting for a partner!

Congrats and welcome mbrew! I hope this baby is a bright spot in a difficult time
And it makes me happy to hear of FTMs being prepared for needing extra time at the end and wanting to avoid being dated too early. I mostly hear about women being excited to have their dates moved earlier without understanding the ramifications.

Yes! I ended up going 5 days over with my first and was not prepared to go over at all! Mentally it was a nightmare and i wasnt coping at all it was awful. I am prepared this time lol i often wonder about the people whos dates are moved earlier or why some doctors move the date earlier based off late scans and baby measuring big when they tracked earlier on.

Yes! I ended up going 5 days over with my first and was not prepared to go over at all! Mentally it was a nightmare and i wasnt coping at all it was awful. I am prepared this time lol i often wonder about the people whos dates are moved earlier or why some doctors move the date earlier based off late scans and baby measuring big when they tracked earlier on.

My earliest baby caught me totally off guard two days before his due date lol. I always have the mentality that pregnancy is 42 weeks not 40, which makes going overdue easier. I went 10 days over with my first and technically 14 days over with my second but she was measuring small at my dating scan and they moved my due date by over a week which I was happy with as it meant I didn't have to face any talk of being "overdue" and needing induction, which they don't do in Australia until 10 days over (unless there's actual medical indication of course). Even my twins I went to 40+4 with!
So ya even though I'm due in April, mentally I'm fully prepared for the possibility of a May baby lol.

how exciting you got to have an early scan. I’ve never held off telling people before. With my son I wanted to but my morning sickness got so bad I couldn’t hide it. So far we’ve kept this one to ourselves but i am again struggling with morning sickness quite bad. My children are starting to wonder why I’m not eating meals. But being my 6th I’m scared of everyone’s reaction and my brother and his wife are due their 2nd baby in around 3 weeks so I really want to let them have their time before I say anything. Problem is she was two weeks over with her first and if she’s the same this time I’ll have weeks to try and hide it because I also don’t want to tell straight after baby’s born and everyone think I’m selfish and stealing their thunder as the saying goes. But I don’t know how I’m going to hide it. We see our parents daily. If it wasn’t for the morning sickness I would happily keep it to ourselves until 2nd trimester but again that’s only because I’m worried how everyone will take it and not because I’m superstitious. I’m glad everything was perfect at your scan

With my first i was 12 weeks right before my sisters 30th birthday party. We announced about 4 days before so it wouldnt take away from her day if it came out then.

Thats such a predicament! I know I'd feel better if you announced before I gave birth vs after but that could be just me. I hope they dont react as bad as you think! Its awful you're worried to tell when its such exciting news!

My earliest baby caught me totally off guard two days before his due date lol. I always have the mentality that pregnancy is 42 weeks not 40, which makes going overdue easier. I went 10 days over with my first and technically 14 days over with my second but she was measuring small at my dating scan and they moved my due date by over a week which I was happy with as it meant I didn't have to face any talk of being "overdue" and needing induction, which they don't do in Australia until 10 days over (unless there's actual medical indication of course). Even my twins I went to 40+4 with!
So ya even though I'm due in April, mentally I'm fully prepared for the possibility of a May baby lol.

That is so impressive with twins! I always thought they induced or did c sec early for twins!

With my first i was 12 weeks right before my sisters 30th birthday party. We announced about 4 days before so it wouldnt take away from her day if it came out then.

Thats such a predicament! I know I'd feel better if you announced before I gave birth vs after but that could be just me. I hope they dont react as bad as you think! Its awful you're worried to tell when its such exciting news!

my brother and his wife were amazing about it and don’t feel as though I’m taking away from there special time. Their really happy for me which was such a relief. Im glad it’s all out in the open now.

I am so sorry to hear that @Laurabub84! I'm hoping it was just an initial shock and that she realizes she may have hurt you and comes around.

I, unfortunately, found out two days after the loss of my niece and her grandmother and our other best friend and my mother came into town the day it happened to be supportive of my best friend (the three of us are very close, like sisters, and my mother if very close to the mother of my niece and baby girl's middle name is my mother's first name).

So, when I found out and was completely shocked, I brought the test out for them to look at. At that exact moment, another friend walked in my house bringing coffees and to sit with us for a while and she saw us all three huddled around the test looking at the VVFL. I then told my friend who lost her daughter and MIL a few days later and she told her husband. Otherwise, I've told no one else and I have no idea when or how I will now, with everything.

I HAD planned a big reveal for my mother by driving the 3.5 hrs to her house and giving her a present that says something like "There's no place like home, except Grandma's house" because the nursery is going to be Wizard of Oz themed.

Oh, and some background, I conceived w/ at home IUI w/ frozen donor sperm because I am 34 and so over waiting for a partner!

I read about what happened in the testing thread. Absolutely heartbroken for you and their poor family. There are no words.
I think it’s amazing that you having a baby and please share some pictures of the nursery when it’s complete because that sounds so fun. Would love to see it.
I’m sure my mum will be fine. She’s worried about how we’re doing to work it because we live in a small 3 bed house. She and my dad have a 4 bedroom and they’ve been saying for years they’d exchange with us but I know deep down my mum doesn’t really want to. We live opposite a playground so it can be quite noisy here. I also don’t expect them to give up their home and I have told her this. It’s my choice to have my children. We’ll make it work somehow.

We told our close family this evening. His parents were fine about it as was my brother and sister. Am quite upset by my mums reaction tho. She didn’t seem too happy. Feeling quite emotional about it right now but it is what it is. I’m expecting many more people to have the same opinion. :-(
Yeah my mum wasn’t too happy and was thinking about how the car will be too full for her to ride with us with three kids but I told her we’d get a 7 seater when the baby is born so then she was ok. Yeah hopefully they’ll warm up xxx

yea I agree with the doctor moving dates around that they put the due date wrong and change it. Will be interested as most of us know roughly what day we’ve ovulated and implanted if we will just stick to what we know as our due dates :) that’s what I’m planning to do anyway. Coz I have big babies for my size. I’m under 5 ft and had an 8lb+ and 9lb+… hoping to not go 10lb+ this time lol

I read about what happened in the testing thread. Absolutely heartbroken for you and their poor family. There are no words.
I think it’s amazing that you having a baby and please share some pictures of the nursery when it’s complete because that sounds so fun. Would love to see it.
I’m sure my mum will be fine. She’s worried about how we’re doing to work it because we live in a small 3 bed house. She and my dad have a 4 bedroom and they’ve been saying for years they’d exchange with us but I know deep down my mum doesn’t really want to. We live opposite a playground so it can be quite noisy here. I also don’t expect them to give up their home and I have told her this. It’s my choice to have my children. We’ll make it work somehow.

Tell your mom we are about to have our 6th baby while living in a 400sqf RV :haha:. A 3 bedroom house would feel like a mansion to me.

Hi all I hope you are all good!

We had our scan this week, baby was absolutely beautiful, sucking their fingers and chilling out with legs crossed we are so in love!

Apparently my uterus is retroverted so baby is sitting far to my back so I had to have an internal scan but we got some amazing photos, I will pop one on.

IMG-20221018-WA0009.jpeg

Hi all I hope you are all good!

We had our scan this week, baby was absolutely beautiful, sucking their fingers and chilling out with legs crossed we are so in love!

Apparently my uterus is retroverted so baby is sitting far to my back so I had to have an internal scan but we got some amazing photos, I will pop one on.

View attachment 1112066
Awww hi sweet baby!!! <3 Congrats!!! Beautiful ultrasound pic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->