May/June Flowers 2023

Thanks so much ladies! I had been texting with the midwife and she says now that I’ve heard the heartbeat I can wait until my appointment on 11/21 now unless anything new develops (real bleeding etc). I can’t even tell you how relieved I was; literally fell to my knees crying and thanking God.

Is anyone else’s husbands acting a bit weird? I had a fight with my husband tonight. Not sure if it was my hormones or him being tired of me being sick. Maybe I’m just feeling guilty about not caring about the housework as been vomiting all day today. He drove off in a huff. But I think he’s home again now. It was just about dinner as I said I’d cook something plain. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t gonna be nice lol anyways. He was quite explosive and said he should just leave me very strange. Hope he’s coping okay but don’t think I should approach him as I called him soft ect and just like his dad( his dad makes a big deal about every meal being perfect or he doesn’t eat or will cook his own) we don’t usually fight and I thought happy. Anyway just needed to vent. I know I’m in the wrong too I just wasn’t feeling well I guess.

@MrsKatie oh love that must have been so scary. I glad you found the baby’s heartbeat. I hope you have no more bleeding.

@MumwithPCOS that sounds tough hun. It does sound as tho he’s blown it out of proportion a little. Shouldn’t he just be grateful that your willing to cook for him when your feeling so sick yourself plain or not? My partners been doing a lot whist I’ve been feeling so bad and I do sense when he’s feeling stressed out with it all but he understands how bad I’m feeling. We had one moment when I panicked about his night shifts where he told me I just had to get on with it to which I then had a breakdown because I was feeling so awful. He gave me a hug and apologised.
I mean would he be up for cooking for you if he was the one vomiting all day? It’s exhausting. I hope you manage to talk it out and make it up. It’s the last thing you need right now. I understand it’s hard for them too because I suppose they can feel a bit helpless but I find it’s always best to get both feelings on the table so you can support each other. To say he should just leave you is awful

@Laurabub84 yeah it was quite reactive. we were gonna cook together but I told him to just get out coz he was complaining so he said F off f you all in my face like I’m a man he was about to fight. Super strange for him to say these things. He’s not very self aware emotionally so somethings obviously going on. Probably ran out of his vape coz he stopped smoking a few months ago. Anyways thankyou hun I’ll talk to him tomorrow hopefully.

@MumwithPCOS I'm sorry there is some tension going on there, hopefully, y'all can have some time to come back and talk it out and all will be well.

Y'all, this NAUSEA! I'm thankful I'm not truly vomiting, but I just feel like run over poop today. It's day 3 of constant on-call (been at the hospital since 0800 Friday and it's 1700 Sunday, 15 hrs left!!! It's been busy, I've delivered 4 babies, 2 after midnight Saturday Morning and 2 after midnight this morning, so I was up forever!

But I think I've hit the point where I can't figure out if I'm hungry or just sickly, but when I think about eating it turns my stomach more and I gag, but if I actually eat then I realize I AM hungry and the food tastes good. Like today I really wanted pizza and I picked up some and the ride back the smell made me gag until I actually ate, and now I feel ok. And on top of it I have a headache. I'm not complaining, I'm happy to be here! But, it's such a weird feeling and trying to navigate what will make me feel better is also weird. I'm taking B6, doxylamine, and Zofran (sparingly).

@MumwithPCOS I'm sorry there is some tension going on there, hopefully, y'all can have some time to come back and talk it out and all will be well.

Y'all, this NAUSEA! I'm thankful I'm not truly vomiting, but I just feel like run over poop today. It's day 3 of constant on-call (been at the hospital since 0800 Friday and it's 1700 Sunday, 15 hrs left!!! It's been busy, I've delivered 4 babies, 2 after midnight Saturday Morning and 2 after midnight this morning, so I was up forever!

But I think I've hit the point where I can't figure out if I'm hungry or just sickly, but when I think about eating it turns my stomach more and I gag, but if I actually eat then I realize I AM hungry and the food tastes good. Like today I really wanted pizza and I picked up some and the ride back the smell made me gag until I actually ate, and now I feel ok. And on top of it I have a headache. I'm not complaining, I'm happy to be here! But, it's such a weird feeling and trying to navigate what will make me feel better is also weird. I'm taking B6, doxylamine, and Zofran (sparingly).
I know exactly what you mean. You’re a nurse aren’t you? I don’t know how you do it Those long hours. I have barely been outta bed all weekend! This week apparently it’s growing from the size of a lentil to a blueberry so I feel that’s a big jump. At least that’s what I’m telling myself hope it eases off soon!!

I'm a Midwife, but I am looking forward to a day off!!!

I love how we are the same week so we have someone going through the same things at the same time!

I know exactly what you mean. You’re a nurse aren’t you? I don’t know how you do it Those long hours. I have barely been outta bed all weekend! This week apparently it’s growing from the size of a lentil to a blueberry so I feel that’s a big jump. At least that’s what I’m telling myself hope it eases off soon!!

I have so much respect and admiration to you ladies that have to work through the first trimester. I honestly wouldn’t cope. I’m fortunate to be a sah mum and even that I’m struggling with. 5 children constantly needing attention and urgh the feeding :sick: having to cook meals when I can’t bare the smell and look of pretty much everything right now. I don’t know how you ladies do it. You are amazing. Dh has been amazing in taking over on his days off. He works 12hr shifts. He’s booked his next night shift off so after Thursday I have him home for 14 days. I’ll be 12 weeks the day he goes back so hopefully should be through the other side and feeling more human. I can’t wait for that. I hope the sickness doesn’t become too much for you all. It really is so hard when your going through it. These beautiful babies are worth every second tho

I'm a Midwife, but I am looking forward to a day off!!!

I love how we are the same week so we have someone going through the same things at the same time!
My dream job is to be a midwife but unfortunately nurses are severely underpaid and overworked in Ireland but wow what an amazing career to bring all those babies into the world but the hours and being on your feet all day must be tough while pregnant.

I was 12 weeks yesterday and thought the worst of feeling crap was behind me but this weekend I’ve a constant headache which is so severe I feel like throwing up. I don’t know if it’s because I’m older but this pregnancy is kicking my behind.

@3boys oh love that sounds tough. Headaches are the worst, especially when they make you feel sick with them. I hope it passes for you and it’s just a rough couple of days. With a couple of my pregnancy’s I didn’t fully feel better until 14 weeks. Try to drink plenty if you can

@3boys oh love that sounds tough. Headaches are the worst, especially when they make you feel sick with them. I hope it passes for you and it’s just a rough couple of days. With a couple of my pregnancy’s I didn’t fully feel better until 14 weeks. Try to drink plenty if you can
Thank you. I’ve been drinking plenty so don’t think it’s that it just sucks. I have to go into the office on Tuesday which I hate as I have to look normal :rofl: so dreading tomorrow. I’ve booked a few days off later in the month and I can’t wait. How are you feeling?

Thank you. I’ve been drinking plenty so don’t think it’s that it just sucks. I have to go into the office on Tuesday which I hate as I have to look normal :rofl: so dreading tomorrow. I’ve booked a few days off later in the month and I can’t wait. How are you feeling?

That’ll be nice to have some time off. Honestly I’m really struggling today. I feel so sick and just trying really hard not to be coz I can’t bare it. Hubbys working until Friday so I’m struggling on my own with the little ones. I just really can’t wait to get past this point. It’s hard to imagine it will pass when it feels like I’ve had it for so long already. Can’t wait for the sickness to be gone

That’ll be nice to have some time off. Honestly I’m really struggling today. I feel so sick and just trying really hard not to be coz I can’t bare it. Hubbys working until Friday so I’m struggling on my own with the little ones. I just really can’t wait to get past this point. It’s hard to imagine it will pass when it feels like I’ve had it for so long already. Can’t wait for the sickness to be gone
Oh that’s so hard. I hope you get some relief soon x

@MumwithPCOS oh my gosh I’m sorry, I had a response I started to type and never finished/posted. I am so sorry for the tension with DH. How are things today? It’s horrible when it feels off at home :(

@Laurabub84 one of my best friends got horrible nausea and vomiting like that with all her pregnancies- with baby 2 I think she was hospitalized like 4 or maybe 5 times??? It sounds truly nightmarish and I cannot imagine it. I’m so so sorry.

@mbrew so cool you’re a midwife. When I am an empty nester or close to it, I fantasize about becoming a l&d or postpartum nurse… we’ll see.

Who will be finding out boy or girl before birth? Those days are coming up soon for some of us! Just booked my anatomy scan for 12/16 which will be here so soon. We won’t find out but I can live vicariously through all of you :)

@3boys I’ve been struggling with headaches a lot too. On bad days i do allow myself a Tylenol/caffeine combo. Doesn’t make it stop but does take the edge off.

@3boys thank you hun. It does say that week 9 can be the peak of it and that it shouldn’t get any worse. Hopefully from week 10 onwards it’ll start to ease. Just need that placenta to take over I think then it goes away. I can’t imagine how the women who have it the whole way through cope. That’s unimaginable.

@MrsKatie thats what I was really scared of. I’d hate to end up in hospital and with 5 kids already at home and a hubby who works shifts it would also be a nightmare.
I will 100% be finding out the sex so long as their legs aren’t crossed. Now I have my son I’m not really swayed for a gender this time. I’m thinking odds are a girl but another boy would be nice for my little boy so he’s not completely outnumbered lol. Part of me would love the surprise at birth but I don’t have the patience to wait.

Hi ladies, sorry I've been away a bit I got a bit exhausted with the crohns and first trimester i ended up sleeping a lot but now I'm entering my 15th week I'm feel much more alive and morning sickness has gone away thankfully! We have our gender scan next week. I'm so excited!

I'm supposed to have a c section as my crohns has progressed since my last baby was born 10 years ago almost, but my consultant says I should try for a vaginal birth as after 3 vaginal births I'm at a heightened risk of hemorrhage! I'm told I can still choose but I don't know how my body is going to handle labour as I am so exhausted all the time due to my crohns disease. I'm being referred to this clinic that will build up a plan with me.

Is anyone else’s husbands acting a bit weird? I had a fight with my husband tonight. Not sure if it was my hormones or him being tired of me being sick. Maybe I’m just feeling guilty about not caring about the housework as been vomiting all day today. He drove off in a huff. But I think he’s home again now. It was just about dinner as I said I’d cook something plain. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t gonna be nice lol anyways. He was quite explosive and said he should just leave me very strange. Hope he’s coping okay but don’t think I should approach him as I called him soft ect and just like his dad( his dad makes a big deal about every meal being perfect or he doesn’t eat or will cook his own) we don’t usually fight and I thought happy. Anyway just needed to vent. I know I’m in the wrong too I just wasn’t feeling well I guess.

I read this the other day but got distracted so forgot to reply *facepalm*

My husband definitely acted a bit off for a couple weeks after we found out. When i first told him he said to me that I 'ruined his week'. Since then we've stressed about money (rising interest rates on home loans and me being unable to get a job due to lack of childcare). When i was very nauseus the house was a mess and he told me to 'get over it'. (I had said if this was nausea with gastro I'd be resting in bed but since its pregnancy expected to continue as normal). Don't get me wrong he has also been supportive etc and these are just the bad things I thought I'd mention about him acting differently to his usual self.

I hope things are better at home (i havent read any further comments yet if youve already updated).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->