May/June Flowers 2023

@3boys Aww hi little baby boy!! Congrats!!! Your scan makes me extra excited because your baby is the same gestation as mine ❤️

@AlwaysTheAunt beautiful scan! Hi little baby!! Sorry for all the worry. Hugs!

@Laurabub84 sorry you are getting stressed out too! Praying you’ll see a healthy baby on your scan ❤️

@MumwithPCOS sorry you’re struggling so hard with morning sickness. I hope it lets up for you soon! I didn’t have it as bad as some in comparison, but I did struggle pretty hard with it and it thankfully let up a lot around 11-12 weeks. Hugs!!!

@MrsKatie thanks for checking in! This week was rough between the nausea and Thursday I had the worst TMI! constipation if my entire life. I have been having trouble in that department, honestly even before the pregnancy, I’d go from one extreme to the other. But, when the pregnancy started it was just plain constipation but I was still able to use the bathroom. Thursday at work I TMI again! Stuck in the bathroom for an hour and still wasn’t able to do anything and it was SO painful! I had to leave early (but managed to see all my patients) and drive 1.5 hrs home and then had to get very acquainted with my bottom half.
I’m now taking magnesium, colace, and used a suppository so hopefully that won’t happen again!!!

But, yesterday and so far today I feel fine, no extreme nausea or gagging, which we all know makes us worry!

My first appointment was Wednesday and it was just lab work and such. The midwife I worked with for 6years and she was so excited but definitely caught off guard about the conception situation, lol. My best friend that just lost her daughter came with me and is going to be my main support person and the midwife checked in in that and Kate (friend) was very reassuring that it was nice to have something good to look forward to. My labs and B/P were all great so so far my only problem is that I’m overweight !
Hopefully I can keep it going!

Hi! I’ve been so disconnected from here! I lost my job and have had a bad few weeks, but I feel a lot better now. I had the 12 week scan and it went great, very low risk for Down’s syndrome and preeclampsia. Would you still do the NIPT?? We got <1/100000 for the three chromosomal abnormalities
Also, we found out it’s a boy! The name searching phase starts, that’s so exciting! We also told all our relatives and friends and everyone is so happy.
Well I hope you all are ok, I’ll try to read all your messages to be up to date! Hugs

Well, I was feeling fine today and then bent over the change out the laundry and got sick, the sickest I’ve been! It went fast though and I took some more zofran!

Oh! I’m sorry to swamp the feed with my stuff but I just remembered that my first official scan will be Dec 1. BUT the benefit of being a midwife is that I have things at my disposal, like U/S . I snuck in into my call room Tuesday and got this abdominally! It’s hard to do it on yourself, especially when you’re built like me but I wanted to share I DID see a heartbeat. 66E3AAE5-1492-4765-9286-7F0C751B6BCA.jpeg

Oh! I’m sorry to swamp the feed with my stuff but I just remembered that my first official scan will be Dec 1. BUT the benefit of being a midwife is that I have things at my disposal, like U/S . I snuck in into my call room Tuesday and got this abdominally! It’s hard to do it on yourself, especially when you’re built like me but I wanted to share I DID see a heartbeat. View attachment 1112690
Wow how lucky ! Congratulations

@mbrew180 i am thinking of your friend Kate and what happened to her all the time. It’s just unimaginable. My youngest it about that age (almost 19 months) and I look at her and just cannot fathom it. Glad she has you to lean on. It must be hell for you, too.
So cool you could take a quick peek at baby!! It’s so hugely reassuring. Sorry for the sickness, it’s such a crappy feeling. Hope it passes soon.

@Laurabub84 tuesday is so so soon. I know your scan will be great <3

@3boys aww your scan is so cute!

@MumwithPCOS Im sorry you've had such horrible morning sickness! I hope it eases up soon x

@elencor those are good odds! Personally I wont do a NIPT unless we need to just because of the cost. But if you want to have the extra reassurance no harm :)

@Laurabub84 yay your scan is tomorrow! Hoping you have a good scan and puts your mind at ease with the heartbeat.

Since the scan I've felt so disconnected from this pregnancy. Looking at the picture I just stare at the NT fold and then worry. Im reconsidering finding out the gender because i feel so disconnected. Only a week until the dr apt that hopefully will put my mind at ease.

@elencor congrats in finding out you’re having a boy!!

I don’t know if I would do NIPT testing since you have the nuchal translucency and already know the gender. But, do you have the option for Quad screening or any other later in that incorporates AFP for neural tube defects?

@Laurabub84 I’m sorry you’re having trouble finding the heartbeat, I’m sure it’s nothing but I can understand the worry it causes! Fx’d for a great scan!!!

@AlwaysTheAunt I’m so sorry you’re feeling that right now, but it’s completely valid. Hugs to you, I know it’s going to feel like a long week and I have everything crossed that since there has been no contact to see you sooner that they are confident that it’s nothing.

Oh! I’m sorry to swamp the feed with my stuff but I just remembered that my first official scan will be Dec 1. BUT the benefit of being a midwife is that I have things at my disposal, like U/S . I snuck in into my call room Tuesday and got this abdominally! It’s hard to do it on yourself, especially when you’re built like me but I wanted to share I DID see a heartbeat. View attachment 1112690
So awesome you get to have that sneaky look.

went to docs today and she gave me a drip and my blood pressure was too high it wouldn’t read before the drip. She said my pulse was very thready and I should be driving like that which I agreed. Was still high after drip but better. I was feeling okay but back to being dizzy now and in bed. It’s awful never had high blood pressure before. But she said if I stay hydrated and take the maxillon prescription it should come down. Said my body is having a type of reaction from adrenaline from dehydration and vomiting too much over long period of time. Or something like that. So look after yourselves ladies!!!

@mbrew180 I hope your feeling better now from the constipation and nausea. That sounds horrid. yay for seeing little ones heartbeat.

@elencor I’m so sorry you lost your job, how stressful. Congratulations on a perfect scan and a gorgeous baby boy

@AlwaysTheAunt I’m sorry your feeling that way hun. It’s horrible to be left with the uncertainty and worry. I hope your appointment brings you good news that all is well with baby so you can relax and start to enjoy your pregnancy. I understand what you mean by feeling disconnected. I’m feeling the same because I haven’t been able to find the heartbeat and I’ve terrified myself somethings badly wrong. I’m so scared for tomorrow and it’s horrible. I should be feeling excited to finally be at this point to see baby but I can’t be. I’m dreading bad news. Everytime I think about being there tomorrow brings on a panic. I just want it here now and I’m praying so hard to see a healthy, wiggly baby [-o&lt; I’m not sure I’ll want to use my Doppler anymore after this

@MumwithPCOS oh hun I’m so glad you got yourself seen. Gosh you must have felt so poorly. I hope the medication makes a big difference to how you feel and quickly.

I’m devastated to say I’ll be leaving you ladies. As I’ve know deep inside our baby passed at 8 weeks. My heart is broken and am just feeling numb. I knew it wasn’t right to not be able to find baby’s heartbeat over these last few weeks. I have to go into hospital on Thursday for a second dose of medication to pass my baby. I’m terrified to have to do this. I wanted this baby so much it’s killing me. Having to tell my children was just horrendous. I don’t know if I’ll be back here or not in the future. I just don’t know if I can do it again. All those weeks suffering with such bad morning sickness. It was what made me hold on to the hope that baby must be ok because of how bad I was feeling. But I just knew in my heart something wasn’t right.
I wish you all the very best with your pregnancy’s. I may pop back in a few months to see how everyone’s doing but for now I need to step away. Thank you all for the support in the last few weeks.

@Laurabub84 oh my gosh I’m absolutely devastated to read this, and SHOCKED, I was so sure all would be ok for you, I am so unbelievably sorry honey. I hope things go as smoothly as possible on Thursday:( This is just unbelievable and horrible.

@elencor I meant to respond, huge congratulations and so sorry for the stress. Great to see you back here <3

Laura I honestly don’t know what to say. I’m shocked and devastated for you. Big hugs x x

@Laurabub84 i am so sorry to hear this. I was hoping everything would be okay for you especially after how sick you were xxx my thoughts are with you and your family xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->