May/June Flowers 2023

@Laurabub84 I am so sorry! I am devastated for you. You have been a huge support for me. I hope baby passes ok and take all the time you need to grieve. :hug: xxx

Thank all for the lovely messages. I just still can’t believe this is happening. I’m scared of what’s going to happen tomorrow. I just need it over with. I can’t stop crying. I wanted this baby so much. My 13yo dd has asked me if we’ll try again. Practically begged me, she was so upset. Broke my heart. Part of me wants to be able to but I don’t know if I can after this because I wouldn’t be able to handle this a 2nd time. But how am I suppose to be able to accept I’m no longer going to have the baby I’ve been so desperate for this last year and a half. Just feeling absolutely heartbroken. I know it sounds silly but I feel guilty taking the medication. Like I’m giving up on them, even tho I know their gone. I want it over with but at the same time I don’t want them taken from me. I don’t know how to process this. I feel like I’m in a nightmare

@elencor congrats in finding out you’re having a boy!!

I don’t know if I would do NIPT testing since you have the nuchal translucency and already know the gender. But, do you have the option for Quad screening or any other later in that incorporates AFP for neural tube defects?

thank you! ❤️
Unfortunately I don’t think I could afford that since I apparently it’s really expensive at least in my city.

@Laurabub84 Im so sorry, best wishes for you and your family!

Last edited:
@Laurabub84 I am so sorry. This is heartbreaking and shocking. Take all the time you need to grieve, you don't need to make any plans or decisions right now. I wish we could all help you carry this pain, I know how lonely a loss can feel. Sending hugs.

@Laurabub84 I’ve been thinking of you all day. I had the same thing happen to me years ago and it was absolutely devastating. You will get through this in time :hugs:

Thank all for the lovely messages. I just still can’t believe this is happening. I’m scared of what’s going to happen tomorrow. I just need it over with. I can’t stop crying. I wanted this baby so much. My 13yo dd has asked me if we’ll try again. Practically begged me, she was so upset. Broke my heart. Part of me wants to be able to but I don’t know if I can after this because I wouldn’t be able to handle this a 2nd time. But how am I suppose to be able to accept I’m no longer going to have the baby I’ve been so desperate for this last year and a half. Just feeling absolutely heartbroken. I know it sounds silly but I feel guilty taking the medication. Like I’m giving up on them, even tho I know their gone. I want it over with but at the same time I don’t want them taken from me. I don’t know how to process this. I feel like I’m in a nightmare
Hun, your feelings are so very normal :( I've been there (I had to take meds to pass my first baby at 8 weeks). It was heart wrenching. I felt the same way. So many many hugs to you!!! <3

@Laurabub84 also been thinking of you so much. I cant imagine how hard this is to process. You dont need to make any firm decisions now if you want to try again but that would be so hard with your 13yo wanting you to. I wish there was more we could all do to help you or take some of the pain. You are strong and you will get through this xxx

Thank you all again for your lovely words. Today was really hard but thankfully the procedure was not as bad as I’d built it up to be. I’m feeling relieved that part is over but so emotional that my pregnancy is over. I still can’t get my head around it. Just heartbroken :cry: Going to take a break from bnb while I heal from this but will be back to check on you all. Wishing all of you the very best

Thank you. Obviously all that matters is that baby is ok but I was hoping to not be induced this time around but that looks very likely now. She said it’s quite possible I have type 2 outside of pregnancy. Plus she did a full thyroid blood panel as she said diabetes and b12 deficiency go hand in hand with thyroid problems. I’m hoping they find something as I’ve lots of symptoms I’d love to get to the bottom of.
I'm so sorry to hear that! Big hugs to you! I wish everything will go the best for you! Before I was pregnant I was pre diabetic. I was overweighted and my blood sugar jumped a lot. I was suggested to take ozempic. I bought it without subscription, sometimes with ozempic coupon if I was lucky enough, because the dosage was not covered with my health insurance. I was frustrating, cause I was TTC and was scared it could have had bad influence on a baby. Fortunately everything's ok. So my advice is to follow all the instructions your doc gives you.

Last edited:
Just a small update from me, finally accessed the blood results late last night. No increased risk of Trisomy 21 or 18 going off bloods. But they have written on both reports highly recommend further testing/scans due to NT increases chance of fetal abnormalities. I have the dr apt monday so i will ask her then.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Its my birthday today so we are going out for dinner tonight for some indian.

Oh my gosh @Laurabub84 i had to step away from b and b for a while and I can not believe I’ve come back to this awful sad news.
I know you said you felt that something wasn’t right from the beginning but considering how sick you was I really thought everything would be good.
I am so sad and so so very sorry my love.
Take all the time that you need and take it easy my love. Plenty of rest.
If you need anyone to chat too please feel free to message me.
I’m on Facebook messenger Dannii-Marie Slater Arnold.

sending so so much love and extremely gentle hugs your way sweet.
Thinking of you <3:hug:

@AlwaysTheAunt Happy Birthday! Indian food is one of my favorites.

Great news the blood tests show things being low-risk and I’m glad you’ll get some answers soon.

@Laurabub84 I'm so so so sorry to read you going through this, I went through this in June and absolutely broke me I had thr d&c tho I coyodnt take the medication that was just me tho, please take all the time you need to grieve sending much love to you. Xx

Well hello all these little babas :) I have to sat I've been secretly scrutinising pics & @AlwaysTheAunt I think you look like your having a boy going on nub that is an amazing pic of a nub, I had gender disappointment with my 4th I thought for sure was a girl nope was a he but I had the rest of my pregnancy to get my head round he was in fact a he, altho I love a good surprise I just thought instead of just giving birth then being dissoppointed after I've just pushed what feels like a water melon out of a very small hole :haha: anyway looking forward to seeing more scan from you ladies while I loiter here and there lol xx

@Laurabub84 I'm glad the procedure was smoother than you had a originally thought, but I know none of this is "easy." I'm still so heartbroken for you.

@tdog yes I've had a gut feeling since i fell pregnant this one is a boy and after that scan pic too going off nub theory i still think boy lol

Saw the dr today and she wasnt worried at all about the NT thankfully so now just waiting for 20 weeks for the scan. Got to hear the heartbeat with DD, she looked very confused at the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->