May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Hmommy, you can blame hormones for a while yet :) Mine have actually been worse postpartum, I cry at the drop of a hat and I didn't really cry a lot during pregnancy.

Lucinda, good luck with your scan!

Stacer, so jealous of him only waking up once! My little guy did pretty well last night, woke up twice, but it took him half an hour to go back to sleep after eating each time. And the night before he was awake until 1AM, so he's definitely not on a routine yet. He's 4 weeks today, can't believe he's already been here a month! Sorry you have to go back to work soon too :( I go back May 19, I'm taking several weeks without pay but it's worth it to stay home with him. I'll go back for the last three weeks of the school year, then I'll have the summer off with him before we have to start daycare.

Stay, has it been a month?? Wow! :)

I just got back from touring my hospital.. It was really nice :)

Hmommy-where are you delivering? Altamonte right? It is a nice hospital!!

Well the 1 time a night is over. But he's not doing too bad, and today he actually had a long sleep stretch of 5 hours! That's the most this far!

Stacer, I hope we didn't jinx you! Lol...:hugs:

I'm delivering at Winnie now! Hubby and I really loved it. You had a positive experience there right? Did you get any of the packages? I want to look into the photography but thinking it's probably pretty pricey :wacko:

I loved Winnie, would highly recommend it. And the pediatric hospitalist group that will take care of the babies while you're there are great! We didn't do sun packages because didn't really have a chance since he was 4 weeks early! We did photography on our own at 2 weeks!

Hmommy-I can't believe you are 24 weeks! You go girl! I'm sooo excited for you?

Lucinda-how are you holding up?

Today my little boy is 2 months old!!! Can't even believe it!

Hooray hmommy, 24 weeks! Yay!

Stacer, can't believe it's been 2 months already! Is it starting to get a little easier?

I just spent 10 minutes crying because I knocked over the entire bottle of milk I'd pumped tonight...

Hi girls! Yep, viability today .., am ecstatic!!!

Cannot believe that your boys are already 1 and. 2 months!! Time flies!

Stayhopeful, I'm so sorry about the milk :(. ((Hugs )). I bet many mommies have had similar moments.

Lucinda, how are you?? Ultrasound pics soon?? ;)

Hey girls! Well, my blood work came in this morning and my doc says basically everything was poor :(. Low potassium, low serum, low something ?? Anyway, due to my results, I'm not even doing the 1 hour glucose test....just jumping straight to the 5 hour test next Tuesday :(. My doc hypothesized that I'm hypoglycemic ...what the hell?? To make things worse, he told me to start taking 2 potassium supplements a day but when I looked this up online it said potassium supplements are not recommended during pregnancy and one study even found a correlation to birth defects! Just don't know girls :(. Feeling bumbed

Oh hmommy, hang in there! And definitely talk to your doctor, ask questions and make sure he/she is giving you answers and not just brushing you off. If you're concerned about the potassium, call their office tomorrow. Sending you lots of good thoughts!

Thanks, Stay :). I have an appointment on Thursday so I'm not going to do the potassium until then! I'll eat bananas instead lol..

Good luck with the appointment on Thursday, hopefully you'll be able to get a little more information!

Sorry bout ur test results hmonmy but excited about u reaching viability!
AFM sorry I've been Mia but everyday I get so sick at around 5 pm so I'm miserable by the time I get home....i lay on the couch n can't get up because if I do I'm running to the bathroom. I've also been having trouble swallowing my prenatal a...I'm just so sick waaaaah! Oh and my ultrasound is thurs evening so ill def update I guys on that...hubby is taking day off n apt is in the evening lol!

Lucinda-sorry you're feeling sick...yet so excited you're able to experience this!! Can't wait to hear about the US!

Hmommy-you read my mind about the bananas! Lol! The weird thing is that when I was in the hospital for MRSA my potassium was low too so they gave it to me twice while I was there. I'm not sure how it would affect pregnancy though so it's good that you're asking. Better to be safe at this point!!

Stay-hmmm I think it's a little but easier. I'm trying out the EASY plan which seems to be working so that helps bc he eats/activity/sleep in 3 hours increments that repeat so it's a little easier to plan for. Although today I fed him in target bc I took my dog to the vet and needed to get some stuff from target so figured I'd do it there! I'm pumping and bottle feeding so it worked. I don't like not knowing how much he's getting when breastfeeding so with the bottle feeding at least I know! How are things with your little one?

Silver-hope you're doing good!

Hmommy yay for viability. Def check the potassium with your drs.
Had my appt yesterday agreed to short protocol but they can't fit me in this month, then I have a work conference so have to wait til July x good to have go ahead though

Lucinda have you considered taking something for your MS? I was absolutely miserable but finding the right medication helped a lot.

Stacer, what's the EASY plan? My LO still isn't on any kind of a schedule... We started him on Gerber Soothe drops and that seems to be helping the spitting up a little, but he's still been kind of fussy and not sleeping well during the day. Hopefully it will settle down soon. Since he was born early, it may take him a little longer to reach the normal milestones. He's a cutie, though!

Silver, glad that you have a plan! Enjoy your time, July will be here before you know it. In the meantime, have a few drinks and do all the things you won't be able to do once you're preggo :)

Happy to hear from you Silver! :hugs: since you have three months, I would look into royal jelly supplements as well as co q10 .... I took them both for three months before starting this cycle and the quality of embryos I had this time was so much better (just my experience and could be just luck but thought I'd pass this along). So routing for you!!!!

Lucinda, my doc originally prescribed something for me....luckily I didn't really get sick but if it's really bad I would take something. How is the hematoma situation? Hopefully no more bleeding :flower:

Stay-easy is the acronym got eat, activity, sleep, then you time. The block is 3 hours, and eating/activity is the first hour and a half, while sleeping/your time is the second hour and a half. It takes a lot of the guess work out of what he is crying for. He's been very fussy during the day and turns out it's bc he is tired but can't get to sleep or fights sleep. So if it hasn't been 3 hours since he ate, I try to put him back to sleep. He doesn't always follow the plan exactly but is pretty close. For instance he just ate at 230, and instead of doing an activity he went straight to sleep and has been to sleep since although he has woken up a few times. I'm also trying to learn his cues so I know what he's crying for or wants. And putting him to sleep on his own is a goal too. He has to be swaddled, in a dark room with a paci and his sleep sheep or White noise on to fall asleep. The problem I'm having is he doesn't stay asleep long and is hard to get back to sleep sometimes. So we're working on getting him back to sleep without picking him up or letting him cry it out. It's hard sometimes!!

I like that, stacer! What age did you start that at with him? Mine is cluster feeding in the evenings right now, wanting to eat almost constantly. It's exhausting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->