May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Stay-they recommend starting at 6 weeks! Your little one must be going through a growth spurt!! Good for baby, tough on mommy!! :)

How's everyone else??

I have had no more bleeding and have switched to the gummy prenatal a which are do much easier for me. I'm still miserable and will have to call dr office to prescribe something :/

Lucinda-sorry to hear you're miserable! But I'm sure that little baby will be worth it!! Hope you feel better soon!

Girls, I'm a little grumpy today. We painted our nursery lilac and white and my in-laws came over and were making jokes about how feminine it was for our boy. To top it off, I posted pics on facebook and my best friend sent me a text joking about the color. I think it looks great, and I'm probably being hormonal, but I just have better manners than that! Humph!!!!! :growlmad:

Anyway, Lucinda, how's the nausea? Hope you're feeling better!!

Stay and Stacer, not sure how much longer we'll have you guys to chat with but I hope you'll check in from time to time and let us know how you're doing as new mommies!! :hugs:

Silver, thinking of you pal :flower:

Lucinda, hope the doc can prescribe something that helps! With me, I tried 4 different medicines before finding the one that worked for me. But it was soooooo worth it.

Hmommy, that would make me grumpy too! It's YOUR nursery and you can decorate it however you want! I don't consider lilac to be an overly feminine color, either. It is harder to let things go with the hormones, though :) Hang in there, before long you'll have both of your little bundles of joy in that nursery and then nothing else will matter!

I'll definitely keep checking in, everyone on this thread was so supportive of me through my entire IVF journey and I hope that I am able to do that for some of the other ladies. It also helped me so much to be able to ask questions (I had a lot of "is this normal" questions!) and learn from everyone else's experiences. My DS had a rough night two nights ago, didn't sleep for more than an hour at a time, but last night he made up for it by sleeping for 5 hours and then for 3! And I also got good news from my doctor this morning, I'd gone in last week to do a 2-hour glucose test to make sure my gestational diabetes was gone and it is!

Hmommy-who cares what they think!!! People are so freaking rude!! I can't stand it sometimes! I'm sure it looks great! And as long as you and your dh likes it that is all that matters!! Are you doing any sort of theme for the room? You're getting close! Thinking about names yet? ;)

Stay-wow that sounds like a rough night that you had. But at least you got some sleep last night! It's so funny bc my little guy will sleep 5 hours then 3 hours at night. I wonder why that is?! And I never had to take a glucose test agsin, I so see why? Maybe bc I was only borderline GD? I think I might test my blood after meals to see if it's gone though.

Lucinda-hope you're good!

Silver-hope you're good!

Afm-1 more week left of maternity leave and I'm so depressed!! I really shouldn't be though bc I'm getting to work from home 2 days a week through august, and dh will watch him every other Monday, then my mother in law will do the other days. My mil has been annoying me though, she's not keeping him on a schedule which I'm trying to implement since I go to work in one week. I can't have him all over the place not knowing when he will wake up/eat day to day. So she better get it together so I start feeling comfortable. She's been coming over 2 days a week this past month to practice. It's just hard bc you love these little babies soooooo much!! I don't want to miss out on him! Plus his temp was 100 last week so I freaked bc of all that's happened Snd took him to the doc but it never went up and he never got sick. So it was weird! But thankfully it didn't get higher. She told me to go to ER if it got to 101. My little guy is super cute too! He's starting to smile so it's sooo much fun!! Can't wait til your little ones are born Hmommy and Lucinda so you can experience this!!

Ladies I've been super depressed as I was fired without warning from my job early last week:/
And I'm still so sick that I'm miserable...didn't see my regular ob but another in the practice n he was a jerk!

Lucinda so sorry to hear you're feeling down :-( what happened? It wasn't because of baby?

Hmommy I'm sure it looks lovely, an even if you painted it black no one should say anything because if you didn't like the colour you wouldn't have chosen it!

How's everyone doing? It's a year now since our first Ivf, crazy hey!! We meet our son next week! Beyond exciting! Big news too, his birth mum is pregnant an we've been asked to consider whether we would have him with baby boy! Lots going on!
Love to you all xxx

Wow! Has it been a year since we started ivf? :wacko:

Stacer, maternity leave in this county is a disgrace! I'm sorry you have to head back but you're lucky that you don't have to go the day care route (despite MIL) lol.... hope she gets with the program soon! :dohh:

Stay, great news about the gestational diabetes!!! I had to do the 5 hour glucose test....it was the worst! :nope: so happy to hear that your little man had a great night ..5 hours straight is awesome!! :happydance:

Aimze, next week you get your son!!!!!!! :happydance::cloud9::hugs:
Can't wait to hear all about it, and the idea that you might be able to give him a little brother or sister is amazing!! (What's up with birth mom? Can't believe she's in this situation again??)

Well, my doc hopes to get me to 36 weeks (twins always come early) so God willing I just have to hang on for 9 & 1/2 weeks! :wohoo:

Thanks for checking in ladies!

Silver, thinking of you!! Please keep us posted when you cycle again!! :hugs:

Stacer, it sounds like at my OB's practice doing the GD test after the baby is born is pretty standard, they told me about it as soon as I was diagnosed while I was pregnant. I guess they just want to make sure that it resolves. I was pretty sure it had but it was nice to get confirmation! I know what you mean about heading back to work, glad that you can work part time though! I have three weeks left and then I go back full time, but I'm a teacher so I'll only be back for 3 weeks before summer break. Then I'll have a few more months home with my little guy before I go back for good in August. My parents and my MIL are going to watch him in a few weeks so he won't have to start daycare until the fall either.

Lucinda, so sorry to hear about your job! :hugs:

Aimze, that's such great news about your adoption process! Remind me again how old your son is now? Adoption is so wonderful and I'm excited for you! Your son will be so blessed to have such a loving home.

Hmommy, hang in there! You're doing great!

Stay he's 10 months :) I've finished work now! That's it till next April...

I can't believe how disgraceful maternity leave is in US! Really awful :-(

X

Yes I'm pretty sure it was because of my pregnancy and me being so sick :/ feeling a bit better bout it but pissed when I think bout it cause I did nothing wrong.

Lucinda-is tgat even legal? Ugh! Sorry to hear about that! How far along are you now? I'm hoping the sickness goes away soon!! Are you finding out the gender??

Hmommy-yes our maternity leave in the US is ridiculous!! That would be great if you could get to 36 weeks! That's when my lil guy was born and he had no issues!

Stay-maybe I should call my doc and ask it just test my blood myself! I think I'm nervous it will come back high which is probably why I haven't done it yet! I'm starting to think teacher is the way to go if you plan on having kids!! Otherwise you work all year round. That's great you'll get all that time with him!!

Aimze-that is the best news! So very excited for you!! You're doing such a wonderful thing!!

Afm-3 more days until maternity leave ends! :( still wishing my mil would get it together but it's getting a little better! Little guy smiles now which is adorable! He's going to be 3 months on Mother's Day! Doesn't time fly!?

Stacer I'm 15 wks now and I consulted 3 lawyers and was told that my employer can in fact get away with it....I've come to terms with it and cry a little less often about it. I went to a private sono place and was told its a girl but I'm waiting to hear that a couple of times before picking a name or anything like that.

Lucinda-can't believe they can get Away with that! That's ridiculous! But ble exciting it must be to find out the gender!!!

Lucinda, I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss...that is horrible! :growlmad: you're in your second trimester now! Jeez, that went by so fast!!

Aimze, your son is 10 months! Oh my gosh, he's just a baby....I bet you are bouncing off the walls waiting to cuddle him!! :hugs:

Stacer, back to work :nope: good luck!! Lots of baby pics on your desk
To get you through the day :hugs:

Stay, how's the little man doing with his sleep? :thumbup:

I'm having my shower this Friday :happydance: I keep checking my registry and not much has been bought from it though. I hope I don't have to buy too much more. :wacko:

Hmmy hope you have an amazing shower! I had one last weekend & it was lovely :) such exciting times! Woop :)

I'm counting down the days, only. Handful of sleeps to go! Xx

Hmmy hope you have an amazing shower! I had one last weekend & it was lovely :) such exciting times! Woop :)

I'm counting down the days, only. Handful of sleeps to go! Xx

Awesome!!!

Girls, I have gestational diabetes!! :cry: I was told that children born from mothers with GD are more likely to be obese later on as well as having high blood pressure?? I know you're you're so busy Stacer and Stay, but since you've had e experience with this can you share how it was handled by your Dr whenever you get a chance? Mine has given me this chart I'm supposed to fill in tracking my blood sugar levels but I'm not even sure what numbers I'm supposed to stay below. :nope: any help would be appreciated please. Of course I just read on Dr Google that my babies might struggle with obesity??!! So bumbed :(

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"