May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Ok sounds good. Thanks :) My ob is Dr Bayouth-he has zero bedside manner but he's taken pretty good care of me so I can't complain. :thumbup:

. I'm praying that I go into labour this weekend which will put me at 36 weeks and hopefully keep the babies out of the nicu! [-o<[-o< Our official cesarean date is now scheduled for July 21 @ 9am. I can't wait that long!! Lol....:wacko:

I cannot believe dr bayouth is your ob! I know him very well, used to work with him when I worked at orlando health! He was always dept chair of ob/gyn there, not sure if he still is, but basically that means he knows what he's doing! So you're definitely in good hands!! He's an interesting character though!! But the women seem to love him as their OB! The woman doc that works there is his wife (can't remember her name) but I was surprised bc she's so petite compared to him! July 21 does seem far away! Especially when you're carrying twins!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to go into labor soon!!
Btw-just to give you an idea-my 4.5 month old is eating 7-8 oz every 3 hours from 7am-10pm, he doesn't eat in the middle of the night, but he still wakes up a couple times a week for his paci. I think he's eating a lot but the doc said to chunk him up. I was always worried about over feeding them, but honestly I don't think you can, they will stop when they're full!

Omg, Stacer! It's a small world! :dohh: Dr Bayouth is definitely a character! The first time I met with him (now bear in mind I was a nervous, insecure wreck..having just been discharged from the IVF clinic and knowing I was carrying twins after the miscarriage) he walked in wearing a Hawaiian shirt and took a personal cell phone call during our consultation! Lol...:wacko: However, I have to say, his office runs like a well oiled machine and I've followed his directions by the letter and here I am now so I guess I can't fault him! Lol... and yes, his wife is the polar opposite! Lol. :shrug:

Your little guy seems like he's gotten into a great schedule! That's awesome!! :) I think that' become one of my primary concerns now: how the heck will I get these guys on a similar, SANE, schedule?? :wacko:
We shall see. I just want to hold them!! Getting so impatient! :)

Hmommy-that's hilarious about dr bayouth! I'm glad he's taking good care of you though!! It will be hard to get those babies on a schedule, especially the first 4-8 weeks you can throw the word schedule out the wjndow. But if you keep track after that of when they sleep/eat etc you'll notice they kind of make their own schedule so you can tweak it to work with yours! My little guy insists that his first bottle be at 630-7a, when technically I want it at 7, lol, so I just give it to him around 645a and he usually holds out til 10a though. If I notice it's hard for him to get to 10a without being hungry then I feed him an extra ounce at 645 the next day. You'll figure out what works. But honestly you don't need to think about schedule until they're at least 8 weeks, they change so much in that time frame and start sleeping less around 8 weeks.

So they finally came to look at car for the estimate....so hopefully it won't be another yr before I can get it repaired :/ they stole two huge bottles of Hennessy( husbands family was having Hindu wedding celebrations and he was to deliver those)......anywho my guess is that they wanted his Father's Day gift which was still in the trunk....a gas grill that was too huge to remove but you can tell they tried.

Hmommy, you're so close! I'm so excited for you that you're already at 36 weeks. Only one more week and you'll be as far along as I was when DS came, and he was perfectly healthy and didn't have to spend any time in the NICU. It's almost here :)

Stacer, you've been so good about getting your LO on a routine! I still let mine set his own routine for the most part, though around 3 months he kind of settled into his own schedule. He consistently sleeps 7-10 hours at night :)happydance:) but during the day he still eats every 1.5-3 hours. I was thinking that he'd be able to go longer at this point, but maybe because he's still small he eats more frequently than most babies his age. He sort of has a nap schedule, but it's not as consistent as I'd like it to be yet.

Hmommy, you're so close! I'm so excited for you that you're already at 36 weeks. Only one more week and you'll be as far along as I was when DS came, and he was perfectly healthy and didn't have to spend any time in the NICU. It's almost here :)

Stacer, you've been so good about getting your LO on a routine! I still let mine set his own routine for the most part, though around 3 months he kind of settled into his own schedule. He consistently sleeps 7-10 hours at night :)happydance:) but during the day he still eats every 1.5-3 hours. I was thinking that he'd be able to go longer at this point, but maybe because he's still small he eats more frequently than most babies his age. He sort of has a nap schedule, but it's not as consistent as I'd like it to be yet.

I know, Stay, I'm dying here!! :happydance: I pray every night now that my water breaks so I don't have to wait until the 21st for my C-section! lol...

Sounds like your little man has done very well to be sleeping 7-10 hours at night! Awesome!! :thumbup:

So they finally came to look at car for the estimate....so hopefully it won't be another yr before I can get it repaired :/ they stole two huge bottles of Hennessy( husbands family was having Hindu wedding celebrations and he was to deliver those)......anywho my guess is that they wanted his Father's Day gift which was still in the trunk....a gas grill that was too huge to remove but you can tell they tried.

Lucinda, I hope those jerks get the bad Karma they deserve!! :growlmad: How are you feeling lately? Any new symptoms?

Hmommy-that's hilarious about dr bayouth! I'm glad he's taking good care of you though!! It will be hard to get those babies on a schedule, especially the first 4-8 weeks you can throw the word schedule out the wjndow. But if you keep track after that of when they sleep/eat etc you'll notice they kind of make their own schedule so you can tweak it to work with yours! My little guy insists that his first bottle be at 630-7a, when technically I want it at 7, lol, so I just give it to him around 645a and he usually holds out til 10a though. If I notice it's hard for him to get to 10a without being hungry then I feed him an extra ounce at 645 the next day. You'll figure out what works. But honestly you don't need to think about schedule until they're at least 8 weeks, they change so much in that time frame and start sleeping less around 8 weeks.

Thanks Stacer, I was hoping I'd be leaking or something by now. Anything to give me a sign that I'll produce milk for these two. I'm getting all kinds of advice (some unwanted) from my MIL and SIL on breast feeding so I don't want to fail at it... ahhh... pressure!! :dohh:

hmommy, I never leaked at all during pregnancy. Even now, the only time I ever leak is when DS has slept a really long time and I wake up engorged in the morning. But I haven't had any supply issues. I think some women just don't leak.

Hmommy-I second what stay said. I Never leaked before the babies came and only leaked when breasts got engorged from sleeping to long at night without feeding and I never had a supply issue, in fact I made more than he ate! Don't stress...breastfeeding is a learned skill in my opinion! So it will take time but you'll get it! And either way, you tried so you won't be a failure!! Plus I'm sure your mil and sil didn't have twins either!! So take what they say, but remember everyone's different!! Hope the babies come soon!!

Stay-I'm all about a schedule! He can get off a little bit but I put him right back on! We're starting to switch to formula which is stressful because he spits up so much (always has) but I just don't know which formula is best. So I'm trying enfamil a.r. But haven't noticed too much of a decrease in his spit up yet. I'll give it a little while longer. That's great your LO is sleeping that long at night. My little guy goes 830-1030p then I feed him then he goes 1030p-630a, which is good but lately he's been waking up so I feel so tired all the time. Dh leaves for 3 weeks soon so I'm a bit worried bc I'm going to be exhausted!!

Silver-any update from you?!

Lucinda-hope the stress isn't getting to you too much!

Aimze-any word on getting your LOs sibling?!

Hey gorgeous ladies, started down regging 11 days ago, waiting for period to start and then ring for scan. Fingers crossed it should be in next few days x
Hmommy not long Hun hang in there. Stacer he's sleeping loads that's great

Yey Silver!! Exciting!!!!! :happydance: keep us posted throughout your cycle- this is the one girlie, I feel it!! :thumbup:

Well period started so head in tomorrow for a scan. Asked GP for some time off work to minimise work stress and can concentrate on this working this time :happydance:

Good luck silver!!!!

Hmommy-I take it no babies yet?? Well they will be here very very soon either way!!!!

Aarrgh, Stacer, I am dying here!! 37 weeks tomorrow....cannot believe it. Lol... :hissy:

I have gone off bed rest and am going for a pedicure today! Is it gross to pray that my water breaks while I'm in the chair? Lol., I read that foot massages can cause contractions so I'll be sure to tell her go deep!! :winkwink:

Hmommy enjoy the pedicure. Started stim today. Had to laugh when I went for baseline scan, she could see a follicle (she thought from last cycle), so had to have bloods. Never straight forward :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->