May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Thanks ladies! That's a good idea - I'll have to see if I can combine the Follistem and Menupor. :thumbup: I do all of the shots at 9pm at night - DH is not a needle fan and I'm ok doing them myself (this is the 4th cycle I've done injectible meds). DH had to do some of the POI shots last time (before we found out all the embryos died) and it took him 30 minutes to do the first shot - poor thing was so wrecked but he did it! :dohh: We'll see how he does this time around.

The cost of the meds... yeah that's a bit of a shock! We are very lucky we have insurance that covers a lot of this or we would not be able to do IVF. This is the last one our insurance covers so we're praying for a miracle.

Good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

Thanks ladies! That's a good idea - I'll have to see if I can combine the Follistem and Menupor. :thumbup: I do all of the shots at 9pm at night - DH is not a needle fan and I'm ok doing them myself (this is the 4th cycle I've done injectible meds). DH had to do some of the POI shots last time (before we found out all the embryos died) and it took him 30 minutes to do the first shot - poor thing was so wrecked but he did it! :dohh: We'll see how he does this time around.

The cost of the meds... yeah that's a bit of a shock! We are very lucky we have insurance that covers a lot of this or we would not be able to do IVF. This is the last one our insurance covers so we're praying for a miracle.

Good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

Good luck with this cycle. Am on day two of stim too:happydance:another cycle buddy. Doing our first IVF and hoping our prayer is answered. We don't have insurance and all expense is out of pocket for us. So fx this cycle is it for both of us:hugs:

Morning Ladies

It's been a busy weekend on this thread sounds like the wheels are in motion for most of us now :hugs:

Lucinda, Yay for ET on tomorrow, Have you had an update on how your embies are doing? :hugs:

Baby, Good luck for Scan today will look forward to hearing the results :hugs:

Mrsjennyg, Yay for AF lets get this show on the road! :happydance:

Lucie, Not long for ET only a couple more days :happydance: PUPO on Thursday!

Hmommy, Wow cost of meds is :wacko: really makes me appreciate being covered under the NHS :hugs: hope this is your cycle for your forever baby

Babs, Hope the shots are going well and your body is starting to adjust :hugs:

bbblues, Good luck for scan on wednesday :hugs:

Sekky, Hope your scan on wednesday shows some nice growing follicles :hugs:

AFM, got scan on Wednesday and hopefully starting stims on thursday woo hoo lets get this show on the road :happydance: xx

Morning Ladies

It's been a busy weekend on this thread sounds like the wheels are in motion for most of us now :hugs:

Lucinda, Yay for ET on tomorrow, Have you had an update on how your embies are doing? :hugs:

Hmommy, Wow cost of meds is :wacko: really makes me appreciate being covered under the NHS :hugs: hope this is your cycle for your forever baby

AFM, got scan on Wednesday and hopefully starting stims on thursday woo hoo lets get this show on the road :happydance: xx
No no update here....they said next update would be when the call me tom am to tell me what time I go in the afternoon.
Yay for almost getting started!!!!!

I don't know how you are coping i got a call the next day to say how many fertilised then a call on day 3 to say how many were still progressing then a call on day 4 to say how many would make it to day 5 and i still was impatiently waiting! Fx'd for you xx

Hi everyone! :)
Hope y'all are doing fine.

I started injecting cetrotide 0.25 this morning and will have to keep on doing that until Friday. From Saturday onwards I'll be injecting Puregon 150iu for 3 days, followed by an ultrasound on Tuesday and further instructions from the clinic.

Yay for starting Oculi, are you doing the injections yourself? :happydance: xx

Thanks Sandy,
Yes, I'm doing it myself. Dh doesn't like needles. Haha.

I don't know how you are coping i got a call the next day to say how many fertilised then a call on day 3 to say how many were still progressing then a call on day 4 to say how many would make it to day 5 and i still was impatiently waiting! Fx'd for you xx

I'm surprised how well I'm taking it lol....tom waiting for my call will be another story! For me it's knowing something is supposed to happen is what causes anxiety but they told me ahead of time that I would just get a call the day after and then on day if transfer ...

Lucinda, Lol! Are you serious?
Well, at least you get some help. Even the HIV screening was too much for dh. He turned his head into the opposite direction and used his free arm to cover his eyes and made this 'omg-i'm-gonna-die' face. Lol! Hilarious!

Morning Ladies

Sandy, the irony is, I used to live in England, so I could have been covered if I'd have stayed there! :wacko:

Hmommy-my medicine costs are about the same. My insurance covered some of them, but 2 meds alone were $4000. We're looking at around $13k for the evtiee procedure, then additional money to freeze embryos. This sure is expensive, hoping you don't need more than one ivf, but at least yours would be covered (minus the meds), if we were to need more we would have to pay the full price over again. Ugh! But it will be worth it when we finally get out bfps!!!

:hi:

Lucie- Good luck for the ET hun!! :) Great tip about the menopur, If I have to have that med i'll be sure to be leaving it for a bit before i inject it. The injections are bad enough without having a burning sensation too lol x

Stacer- Ouch $4000 for 2 of the meds, this ivf business aint cheap is it? At least its all so worth it in the end to get that bfp :D x

Sandy- Good luck for ur scan 2moro, hopefully u can start ur stims soon x

Sekky- How r u getting on with ur meds? x

Lucinda- 9 embies is great hun! Whens the ET, is it 2moro? x

Bbblues- Good luck for ur scan hun x

Babyseeker- How did ur follow up go yesterday hun? x

Mrsjenn- Wow u gotta take a LOT of shots hun :hugs: Did u ask if u cud combine them in the end? x

Hmommy- I bet the cost of those meds still hasnt sunk in yet has it? I know i bought one trigger shot for one use and it cost me £40! God knows how much a full cycle will cost! x

Babs- Ur hubbies good with the injections, mine wudnt go near them with a barge pole. Im pretty sure I'll be left to do them by myself lol x

Oculi- Hope ur scan went well today x

Afm Im pretty sure af is on her way now so hopefully i can get my last lot of bloods done 2moro fxd! Apart from that nothing much is going on with me.

Hope ur all doing well xx

Lucinda, Lol! Are you serious?
Well, at least you get some help. Even the HIV screening was too much for dh. He turned his head into the opposite direction and used his free arm to cover his eyes and made this 'omg-i'm-gonna-die' face. Lol! Hilarious!

Yes I'm serious...my DH is something else! I swear 8 pm has become his favorite time of the day ....so much so that he's usually grumpy when waking from a nap n will wake up nice n cheery just to stick me!

So transfer was completed this afternoon; we transferred 2 n now I wait :/

Yay Lucinda! Hope everything goes well with the implanting! Lots and lots of baby dust to you!!!

Stacer..I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of us that one cycle does the job so we don't go totally broke !! Lol..

Lucinda.. yey!!!!!that's awesome! Now bed rest and have hubby wait on you hand and foot! Wishing you boat loads of sticky dust!

Lucinda, Yay for being PUPO :happydance: Will you be testing early or holding out for OTD

AFM, had scan this morning and went well lining is under 3mm and have 25 antral follicles so start stims tomorrow and back on thursday for follicle count scan :happydance:

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well :hugs: xx

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I will be POS....i can be patient but not that patient....so I will test before my beta as I don't want to be surprised when the call with the results....I want to know what's up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->