May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Aimze and bbblues yay for trigger and collection on Friday

Soph, Ive never uploaded anything but as far as I know you go to advance post and attach it through there look forward to seeing the pic if you can get it uploaded xx

so....
They will tell you whilst there how many eggs they collected and hubbys sperm quaility etc.
The next day the call to say how many eggs fertilised and whether it'll be a day 3 or 5 transfer. not sure of the criteria of why a 3 or 5 day though - suppose they have to have done something to a specific standard for day 5????
They will tell you then when they will call you next as they do not call you dailiy how they are doing as they do not like getting them out of the incubator.
Then they will call you to let you know when they want you in for transfer, you have to start the pesseries a couple of days before morning and night (be aware they are very messy and right bullets to insert).

So then you go in a lot more relaxed, you get a gown on again and you both go into the same room as you did for collection together, and they stirrup you up in the bed (actually quite comfortable) and on the screen to the right is the photo of the egg and the embrologist tells you why they chose that egg and how many are of a good enough standard to freeze.
Then it is just like having a smear, you have a stomach ultrasound with gel on the stomach so they can place the catheter and then you see a little flash of white and thats the egg going in. They take a snapshot of the ultrsoind and print you off a picture of that for you (ours is on the fridge)

So all good - then you get wheeled into the recovery room again have a cuppa and biscuit, then they run through the leaflets and aftercare - basically no sex until you test then nothing until week six scan (god this part is hard i'm feeling a little frustrated to say the least!). No strenious excerise, but basically everything else just the same as usual! No heavy lifting - but that is more due tot he ovaries being swollen still and probably still feeling uncomfortable.

I have no idea how to post the photo still if anyone has andy tips on how to put photos on?

here is my little egg at day 5 blastocyst, slightly hatching from the shell

Attachments

• Draycott.jpg
    Draycott.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 4
this is the scan photo - you'll see the white mass in the middle - then just above that is a little white spot - that is the egg in an air sac being put in me!

cant add that photo as it is too large and no idea how to reduce the size of the photo....

so....
They will tell you whilst there how many eggs they collected and hubbys sperm quaility etc.
The next day the call to say how many eggs fertilised and whether it'll be a day 3 or 5 transfer. not sure of the criteria of why a 3 or 5 day though - suppose they have to have done something to a specific standard for day 5????
They will tell you then when they will call you next as they do not call you dailiy how they are doing as they do not like getting them out of the incubator.
Then they will call you to let you know when they want you in for transfer, you have to start the pesseries a couple of days before morning and night (be aware they are very messy and right bullets to insert).

So then you go in a lot more relaxed, you get a gown on again and you both go into the same room as you did for collection together, and they stirrup you up in the bed (actually quite comfortable) and on the screen to the right is the photo of the egg and the embrologist tells you why they chose that egg and how many are of a good enough standard to freeze.
Then it is just like having a smear, you have a stomach ultrasound with gel on the stomach so they can place the catheter and then you see a little flash of white and thats the egg going in. They take a snapshot of the ultrsoind and print you off a picture of that for you (ours is on the fridge)

So all good - then you get wheeled into the recovery room again have a cuppa and biscuit, then they run through the leaflets and aftercare - basically no sex until you test then nothing until week six scan (god this part is hard i'm feeling a little frustrated to say the least!). No strenious excerise, but basically everything else just the same as usual! No heavy lifting - but that is more due tot he ovaries being swollen still and probably still feeling uncomfortable.

I have no idea how to post the photo still if anyone has andy tips on how to put photos on?

Soph, thank you for the awesome information!!! It makes me so excited! :happydance:

Soph 4 frozen is great!

Wow can't wait for them going back in...keep having reoccurring thoughts of none fertilising!

X

No the clinic does it for you!!!!!
I was tempted to tAke a photo of it on screen to get it quicker - but being emailed is better quality looking and clearer!!!

I have it as wallpaper on my phone and keep looking at it amazed that it "could" result in live birth - but not getting too attached as I know it may not stick!!!

Soph I love that photo!

trigger done! Big tick :) x

God I'm struggling to think about anything else except what is happening inside me at the moment....

Give me strength to hold off testing as long as possible the more soothe more reliable it'll be!!!

Well done with the trigger aimez!!! Sit back and let the eggs mature over the next t 24 hrs!!!!

Aimzee best of luck!!! I am triggering at 12:15 tonight Er at 11:15 on Friday.

Pcsoph thanks for sharing. It helps so much

Thanks sandy

Soph you're about 5dp5dt? Test on Saturday, if there's a line test Sunday to check is darker, if no line hold off another few days...

Loads of ladies have got lines bout 5days after, but I'm a Poas weirdo so don't take any advice off me lol...I just peed on an ovulation stick for the pure fun of seeing how strong it came out...Weirrrrdo!

X

I think I'll wait to middle of next week to test. Holding off bad news if there is any. At least I can remain in the knowledge I'm pregnant until proven otherwise!
Least the weekend I'll be busy as hubby does triathlons so I'll be watching him on both Friday & Sunday. Saturday I'm having my hair highlighted, so that's a few hours I'll be busy!!!
Just need to keep myself busy and I don't think about it so much!

AAlso ths Is very random ...what if some eggs ovulate an leave the follies? Does this happen? x

Morning ladies

Soph, not long now sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you. When is your OTD. Also might be telling you something you already know but have you checked with your salon about what products they use for highlights as it's advised not to dye your hair while pregnant which technically you are. Just thought I would ask :hugs:

Aimze and bbblues, enjoy your day off injections yay for ER tomorrow :happydance:

Kpkj, how you doing?

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well

Afm, got 20 eggs yesterday so I got 10 & donated 10 to stem cell research in exchange for a fully funded ivf cycle. Got a call this morning and 4 of the 10 were mature and all 4 fertilised so got to wait til saturday to see if it will be a 3 or 5 day transfer xx Ty

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->