May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Aims, No scan before but during(but a stomach one, not internal) just so they can see where the catheter goes to the right spot.

I think they usually called between 10-12.

Oh I'm so excited for everyone hearing from the clinics today on how their eggs are doing, how their bw is and scans!!!!

Off to get my nails down before work at 12, so will get a clear blue then...... But will have to do it tomorrow morning as I've been up since 5:30 due to a gaggle of birds having a very loud conversation outside the bedroom window!!!!

8 embryos with good division and one only 5 cells so 8 good ones in the running! Grow my special 8 grow!

X

Thanks babs. That makes me feel a lot better. Hope my bw on we'd is better. I had a mini breakdown last night, Guess i kind of realized what was Really happening and not having dh freaked meoht. Especially when he told me he was going to be in the woods for the next week without a phone charger. Luckily my friend came over and was there with me. However it was awkward at the same time bc she just told me a week ago that she's pregnant and was pretty much ntnp. So of course it's like a slap in the face that she can get preg and I can't but I am still thankful for her wanting to me there for me. I just told my mom last night I had already started ivf, so only 3 ppl know besides me. So its been stressful. But anyways, I'm going to have to buy more menopur because I only have 10 vials left and that's only enough for 2.5 days. I'm so glad you're getting good results from your meds!

Pscoph/ I didn't sleep well last night either. Enjoy your pampering!

Aimze-praying that they grow!!!

Hmommy-can't wait to hear how everything goes today.

Best of luck to everyone else as always!

Just got my call. 5 day transfer it is. Not sure what my numbers are at yet.

bblues, day 5 transfer is awesome! So excited for you, and keeping my FX for you too!!

Stacer, you're smart to keep things pretty private. Unlike you, I've told a ton of people (that's kinda who I am) so I feel like I have loads of people waiting to see how it goes.. talk about pressure!! lol..

Well, I went in for my ultrasound and bw today. I'm on day 8 of stimming and the ivf nurse could see about 11 follies. 7 big and the rest just coming up. She'll call me later with the bw results to see where to go with my meds. I'm praying we can lower the dose otherwise I'll have to buy one more Gonal pen ($900) and I really don't want to.

I was also given a tentative retrieval day of this coming Saturday.. she'll confirm on Wednesday. Exciting!! :)

Keeping you all in my prayers ladies,
:)

Hmommy sounding good for Saturday :)...

Wood bbblues for Wednesday...I'm 12:00 so we'll be testing @ the same time! Are you a Poas addict? I definitely am!

Stace you are good keeping it close to home...literally everyone knows we are, all family close friends & I told my colleagues so they didn't think I was off with a serious illness dying...only prob is keeping it quiet till 12 weeks...most people are oblivious an if we tell them "were waiting for them to go in" they p wouldn't have a clue it's a porky!

X

pcsoph - yay excited for the clearblue! I am sure its will be great seeing "Pregnant" written on the test :)
amize - praying for your little embies ... happy thoughts coming yur way ...
bblues - day 5 transfer is awesome ...the pregnancy rates with day 5 transfers are great! My RE is also aiming for Day 5 ....
hmommy- yay for 11 eggs :) I am with you on the meds cost...Hubs wasted 1 Menopur vial yesterday by mistake and was feeling horrible!! Not only did we waste $90 but also not enough meds for this morning. When we mentioned this to our nurse at yesterday's US, she gave us 1 vial for free from their stock!! What a darling....I am now buying meds only for 2 days at a time. They are so pricey!! Thank got for in town pharmacy. I am hoping that they trigger me on Tuesday, otherwise its another $500 in meds :-(

Amize - We have not told anyone. I don't know if this was the right approach!! Close family and some friends know about our struggle with fertility. They know that I was on Lupron for 3 months to control Endo, but they do not know about IVF. My fertility seemed to be the topic of conversations way too often and I felt a bit exposed. Now that all my friends have babies, I did not wish to continue the chat about myself.

Babs I think it's best nt too.,,I'll now have to Make sure mil keeps her big gob shut & keep it a secret since I work wth her friends!!

Soph I've seen you've changed you Siggy...wooooooop! So chuffed for you x

Transfer's done! They put two good looking embryos in. One looked great and was hatching and the other wasn't far behind. There were about 4 or 5 in the running for freezing but they won't know until tomorrow. My clinic didn't even have me wait after transfer. They said they used to but studies show it's not necessary. Has everyone given up coffee? My doc said 250 mg/day of caffeine is ok but I am thinking about giving it up.

Aimze I am not going to take any tests. They have never worked well with me. With my daughter the pee test finally worked at 6 weeks lol. I'm sticking to the blood test :)

Yahoo to being pupo kpkj....wooooop...

I went onto decaf ages ago just in case but if I go to freinds I just have a standard oneM

X

That's v.good of you bbblues! I'm such an impatient person I can't wait! I plan on Saturday which is 4d to hopefully have a negative an then Monday to get my positive...hopefully..

X

Girls what a day!!!

All the girls at work screaming in happiness for me. My boss pled me aside and asked if there was anything I needed to tell him and I told him it looked like it has worked by Will wait until the end of the week to confirm it as in my job once pregnant you go on restricted duties.

So the told hubby what had happened and he said that he still wasn't sure the tests were right and wanted a Dr to confirm it. Said the Dr would ask if I has poas or get me to do one for them it would be no different to the two I had already done.
So I thought sod it nipped to the chemist and got a clear blue and went to th local supermarket to use it. Was worried as it said to use it on day of missed af, so thought what if it says "not pregnant"
So it was peed on and lo and behold "pregnant" popped up with 2-3 beneath it! I sent him a photo of it and asked him if he believed it now? And he STILL wants a doctor to confirm it!!!!

Honestly!!!!
So told my mum - wAnted someone to be at least a little excited..... and she is but again very cautious until time has passed!!!

So now I have 1 clear blue and 2 first response going spare for when you guys need them!!!!

So excited I think for you guys than I am for myself at the moment. So glad to hear everyone's eggs are still happy and going strong!!!!

Amaaaaaaaaazing soph! So so chuffed for you!

2-3weeks too means your in good hcg level...wooooooppppiiieeeee...

X

Gonna call the clinic tomorrow to confirm with them - will keep you posted with what they say!

Girls what a day!!!

All the girls at work screaming in happiness for me. My boss pled me aside and asked if there was anything I needed to tell him and I told him it looked like it has worked by Will wait until the end of the week to confirm it as in my job once pregnant you go on restricted duties.

So the told hubby what had happened and he said that he still wasn't sure the tests were right and wanted a Dr to confirm it. Said the Dr would ask if I has poas or get me to do one for them it would be no different to the two I had already done.
So I thought sod it nipped to the chemist and got a clear blue and went to th local supermarket to use it. Was worried as it said to use it on day of missed af, so thought what if it says "not pregnant"
So it was peed on and lo and behold "pregnant" popped up with 2-3 beneath it! I sent him a photo of it and asked him if he believed it now? And he STILL wants a doctor to confirm it!!!!

Honestly!!!!
So told my mum - wAnted someone to be at least a little excited..... and she is but again very cautious until time has passed!!!

So now I have 1 clear blue and 2 first response going spare for when you guys need them!!!!

So excited I think for you guys than I am for myself at the moment. So glad to hear everyone's eggs are still happy and going strong!!!!

What an amazing day!! So happy for you:hugs:

pcsoph - yay excited for the clearblue! I am sure its will be great seeing "Pregnant" written on the test :)
amize - praying for your little embies ... happy thoughts coming yur way ...
bblues - day 5 transfer is awesome ...the pregnancy rates with day 5 transfers are great! My RE is also aiming for Day 5 ....
hmommy- yay for 11 eggs :) I am with you on the meds cost...Hubs wasted 1 Menopur vial yesterday by mistake and was feeling horrible!! Not only did we waste $90 but also not enough meds for this morning. When we mentioned this to our nurse at yesterday's US, she gave us 1 vial for free from their stock!! What a darling....I am now buying meds only for 2 days at a time. They are so pricey!! Thank got for in town pharmacy. I am hoping that they trigger me on Tuesday, otherwise its another $500 in meds :-(

Amize - We have not told anyone. I don't know if this was the right approach!! Close family and some friends know about our struggle with fertility. They know that I was on Lupron for 3 months to control Endo, but they do not know about IVF. My fertility seemed to be the topic of conversations way too often and I felt a bit exposed. Now that all my friends have babies, I did not wish to continue the chat about myself.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you to trigger before shelling out more money for meds! This stuff ain't cheap!

So I am an idiot... A few hours after my transfer, I put a heating pad on my belly for a little while out of habit. I wasn't even very crampy, it just feels good. Then it dawned on me, that I probably shouldn't do that. I had a few layers of clothes on so my belly wasn't very hot. I panicked and called the nurse. She said that I am alright and not to worry but not to do it again. Now I am kind of freaking out. Did I just ruin my embryos? So mad at myself!

Just think people have baths, run marathons, get unbelievably drunk without knowing they are pregnant and they are fine!!!
I had a few baths as my boobs were killing me and that is the only think that helped.I think just as long as the bath isn't scalding you'll be fine e!
There is a lot of skin/fat organs I between the pad and womb!!!

I was told that the embryo is very tough when inside you and you shouldn't worry until it starts showing - otherwise they are very protected inside you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->