May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Hmommy/you still have ER scheduled for tomorrow?

Babs-how did your ER go??

Sandy & sekky when are you due to test?

Stacer did you have a scan today?

Hope today went well Babs...

I read 8/10 couples will have a birth within 3 cycles of ivf...based on that statistic I'm going to give egg sharing a bash if this cycle doesn't work...

Happy Friday x

Welcome babykhu and hopeful.

Aimze gas and poopin are still not the most comfortable thing. But it will get better over time. I am so over this low sodium diet though. I have lost 6 lbs since retrieval. I am sooo hungry lol.

But today I went in for bw. They are checking my estrogen and progesterone. Still waiting to hear from them. Hopefully no news is good news.

any news yet bbblues? Are you on prog shot?

x

whats the low sodium diet your on? is it for ivf? x

Hi Girls!!
Thanks for thinking about me ...ER went great! They retrieved 21 eggs :happydance:

Considering I started a slow responder, this is a great # . I was expecting only 10-12 eggs. I will get a call tomorrow about how many eggs were mature and how many fertilized.

Apparently I woke up giggling from anestheisa and continued for 15 mins :wacko: Hubs was messing with me - each time I asked him how many eggs were retrieved, he said a random # like 350 eggs, 500 eggs, 2000 eggs. I found that very funny as well and kept on giggling. Finally I was fully awake and the nurse told me the real #. I surprisingly feel good - this was much easier than the laparscopy last year. Nurse asked me take plenty of fluids and take it easy for next 2 days.

Fab news & great number of eggs!! Keep us posted!

X

Well ladies, I am freaking out a little here, because I am hoping they'll be calling me soon to tell me to trigger tomorrow morning because I only have 300 iu left in my Gonal pen and if I have to do two more shots, I'm going to have to go to all my left overs and try to squeeze out small amounts from each! :dohh: Holy crap, I may have to inject myself like 6 or 7 times to get the amount I need. :wacko:

Had an ultrasound today, and all looks ok. Follicles range in size from large to tiny, praying to trigger tonight or tomorrow morn.

Got my paperwork on retrieval info and was told my clinic does a 3 day bed rest mandate with another 5 days of 'gentle activity only.' This seems to vary so much from one clinic to the next, but I'm happy to lay low for a few days and enjoy getting meals in bed! :thumbup:

Stacer, how's it going with you?
Girls, any more retrieval/transfer dates?

Hi Girls!!
Thanks for thinking about me ...ER went great! They retrieved 21 eggs :happydance:

Considering I started a slow responder, this is a great # . I was expecting only 10-12 eggs. I will get a call tomorrow about how many eggs were mature and how many fertilized.

Apparently I woke up giggling from anestheisa and continued for 15 mins :wacko: Hubs was messing with me - each time I asked him how many eggs were retrieved, he said a random # like 350 eggs, 500 eggs, 2000 eggs. I found that very funny as well and kept on giggling. Finally I was fully awake and the nurse told me the real #. I surprisingly feel good - this was much easier than the laparscopy last year. Nurse asked me take plenty of fluids and take it easy for next 2 days.

Amazing! Well done Babs! :happydance:

Hopefully you hear soon hmommy when to trigger! Things are moving along!

3 days bed rest does seem a lot....saying that I've been on the sofa relaxing since Wednesday an will get out the house tomorrow & Sunday an work Monday (only sit in an office)

X

any news yet bbblues? Are you on prog shot?

x

No call but that's good they only call if they need to change meds. I'm on the progesterone suppositories three times a day. And estrace three times a day. The low sodium diet is to keep over stim from happening. Only 1500 mg of sodium a day. But I just caved. Sent my hubby out for tacos :happydance:

Great results babs. Rest up

Ok, just found out I'm triggering in 2 hours!! I'm freaking out - hope I don't screw it up.. have watched like 4 youtube videos on how to mix the stuff and hoping nothing goes wrong! omg... LOL!!

Hmommy-omg so exciting!!! So that means ER on Sunday? And wow 3 days of bedrest?! That sounds amazing although I'm sure I'd get super stir crazy on the 2nd day! I can't believe that's mandated though. Are you out of school already and able to have the time off?? Can't wait to hear how it goes, ESP since your doc office is not too far from me!!! I feel like I'll be right there with you!! Totally know what you mean about the leftovers. I actually googled it today to see if it was normal to have some med left in the cartridge because it's 600iu but I do 2 doses of 300iu so it should be empty. But apparently they put extra just in. I've been saving mine just in case!! You never know!

Babs-excellent! So glad everything went well!!! I was a slow responder too so that gives me a lot of hope! Glad you laughed a little too! I've done a lot of reading that laughing helps a lot so I've been listening to comedy station on the radio! Get some rest! Keep us posted on report!

Aimze-I'm going in tomorrow morning! Excited to find out how it goes but nervous as well!! You just never know what the news will be! How are you holding up? I like your 8/10 statistic. I'm trying to tell myself it could take up to 3 times just so I'm not extremely devestated if the first doesn't work. But I still pray it does!!

Pooping and gas issues seem to be common on this thread. Luckily I don't have them yet, but I'll be sure to look out for them after ER. I'm glad us ladies can have a sense of humor through this all!

Stacer, are you using gonal b/c I have an unopened pen with 300 in it! :)

Wow, this is a fast-moving thread! I'm going to be using gonal f and I should start it next week. I didn't do bcp because of a blood clotting issue, but I have PCOS and don't o anyway so my ultrasound this week still looked good for me to start stims. I'll stop progesterone tonight so AF should be arriving soon.

Stacer best of luck today! Let us know how you get on!

Babs I hope your eggies & spermies have been getting jiggy & you have a great result this am!

Bbblues I've never heard of low sodium...I googled what helps ohss & I've been on the gatorades, two a day which is isonic or something & helps?!

Hmommy how did trigger go? How exciting you're in tomorrow!

X

Stay hopeful I'm very envious of your short protocol! Gonal f is such an easy breeze & I found no pain or side effects...in about 12-14 days you'll be triggering! X

Sounds like most of you ladies are well ahead of me in this journey, but by reading your posts im feeling hopeful that i can do it too

I received all meds/jabs today, was a scary looking box lol, i was under the impression menopur was once a day but find on the box it states 3 times a day.. I think i really need to toughen up. Im on the short protocal so will be taking menopur and buserelin together.

Has anyone else done this? What were your side effects like. Also were you doing the jabs yourself? Or did you get hubs/partner to do it? My jabs are for 10days and i will be off work. Feels like its going to be 10 long days.. I really hope i start on 13th june rather than 20th, the soon the better, the less time i have to work myself up.

Good luck stacer

hey babyku

i couldnt let hubs do it...when you do it yourself you can control it...sometimes i couldnt peirce the skin first time so would find anotther area that just slipped in. that said, if OH does it its literally in & over!!

Baby - stayhopeful has just started too so you have a buddy there!

x

Stayhopeful, you will like the gonal pen..it's nice and easy!

Aimze, trigger went well. I was shaking when mixing the powder because it wouldn't mix right away!! But dh was a trooper and counted to 3 and darted that thing in! Lol.. it was the first time he'd given me a shot. Now we wait!!

How are you all feeling today? Anyone want/need a gonal pen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->