May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Babs, I hear you..I'm not sure I have the courage to test early either. As for symptoms..for me, it's just like typical premenstrual stuff. I promised myself not to symptom spot but of course I am!! :) thinking of you and praying for everyone's bfps!!

Nanina-only 1 week to go! Hang in there!! Are you going to test early?

Babs, you are too cute with your symptoms! Im sure its so hard not to symptom spot!! Hang in there, your otd is so soon!!!

Hmommy-hope you're hanging in there too!

What are you ladies doing to keep yourself busy during the 2ww? I need some ideas. All I want to think about is baby names and painting the room upstairs for a nursery. But instead I baked a cake!! Hehe!!

Also, so our periods won't come as expected because we're on progesterone, right or no? Mine would normally be due next week which is a week before otd so just wanted to be sure!

stacergirl~ I baked a cake today too! :rofl: Since I'm home I went out before my transfer and got some jigsaw puzzles, I'm a sucker for them. I'm also taking the time to catch up on all my favorite shows and cuddling with my puppies. I have an ipad and kindle but I haven't found interest in either of them!

This weekend I'll be sewing some dance garments for a church, that should keep me busy Saturday and Sunday. Then I'm back to work on Monday which will keep me busy busy busy. lol

Id also like to know what everyone else is doing!

PERIOD question ~ usually on progesterone you won't get your period until you stop the medication, since your on a higher dose of it then normal IUI and clomid cycles.

Stacergirl and august, haha.. guess what I did during my 2ww? ;)

I don't have any more beta tests until my ultrasound on July 2.
Last Friday (OTD) I tested with a digital clearblue and got a 2-3 weeks (HCG 201-2000) and my beta came back 570.4. So, I thought since I won't be having any more betas I'll just calculate when it should be over 2000 (if it doubles every 2nd day, I should be over 2000 today). So, I tested again this morning and got a 3+ (HCG 2001++). just needed that as some sort of reassurance. I'm also starting to get headaches and sore boobs. Eek!

Stacergirl, I think this will be the longest week of my life! I've also been wondering about progesterone and my period. It is due the 22nd, two days before my beta.
August, I'm watching a lot of DVRd shows. I think I've watched 20 hours of programming since Friday!

I'm going to try and hold off on the testing at home. We did 4 rounds of IUI prior to this and I'm just trying to stay positive. What do you think you'll do?

Babs, not testing early is so hard! I'm really trying to wait until my beta. I know this will be a long 5 days for you!

Oculi you're hilarious!!! I see where youre coming from on the calculations, i would totally do that, but Im not much of a tester. I think if I do test it will be the weekend before July 1. Don't want a false negative. I'm glad you're calculations we're right though! Hey if testing makes you happy and keeps you busy then have at it!! ;)

August-how funny! I'm snuggling with my dog as I type!! You have 3 puppies? What kind? I net they're adorable but a handful! I need to get prating my sewing skills, good idea! :) I'm back to work tomorrow so that will be a distraction (but I'm sure I'll still frequent this site! Lol)

Nanina- I'm not big on tv but lately trying to get into it since I can't really exercise! I hope I don't gain back the 7 lbs that I just lost. I'm not sure what it is but I just feel like eating a lot lately. Blaming it on the progesterone bc obviously way too early for anything else!!

Thanks for the info about the progrsterone and AF. Dh asked when I was due and I have short cycles so I'm like geez that wouldn't make much sense to have beta a week after Af, if she did show?!

Stacergirl, well, that's it with testing for me. Doesn't make much sense to keep testing now as I'll always only get the 3+ from here onwards. Most ladies here get at least two betas to ease their minds. I only got one so, I needed something else to cling to. Lol! Now I just somehow have to survive the next two weeks. Bah.. those 2wws are seriously never-ending!

Oculi tell me about these never ending tww!! Then after scan the long slog to 12 weeks...I.did the same a you with the cleaveiw, got 2-3 yesterday day before otd which is today & im debating buying another to see 3+ but also thinking i might not...

Babs 6dp5dt now...You'rr good for not testing early...i was @ it all last week...Another sympton which can be related.to pregnancy hormones is I got SUPER horny around 5dp5dt...

AFM just plodding along, have enough progesterone till Friday & didnt dare order it before my otd so will order it tomorrow or i'll end up panicking iv ran out..Feeling an aversion to certain foods,.slight occasional back & boob ache an full boobies.so my work dresses are super tight & i feel exposed haha!!

So is it Babs closest to testing next? Im sure there is a big wave of testing @ the same time due? Good luck!

x

Quick questions ladies....I've been using boots own 'conception support' vitamins....Are these safe to continue or should I swop them? X

Can't see any issues taking those as it'll still have folic acid in them - worse case just take basic folic acid themselves!!

Boobs still massive and hurt like hell - in fact feel like bricks, weight, size and as though someone has smashed them on my boobs too!
Having a bit of a litgh head today. No queasyness, other symptoms - it's all about the boobs for me!

Re the progesterone and whether AF would come, ipersonally thought it would show her head regardless - but luckily for me she didn;t show!

Yea I think I might just go and get some bog standard folic acid...The standard boots pregnancy vits have ginger extract an things in which apparently help for morning sickness but so far none of that so all good...

Babs when are you testing :) x

I will be testing tomorrow (7dp5dt) FMU. Hubs thinks I should wait for my beta! Like I will listen to him .....grrrr

Best of luck babs!!!!!! Definitely keep us posted. Are you off work tomorrow?

Aimze-I would get different ones, without ginger. While ginger is good for nausea, it is a category c medication, therefore I would only take it as prescribed when your nausea is really bad. You just need a multi vitamin with Folic acid.

Pscoph-sorry your boobs are in so much pain, but I guess that's a good thing!! Hoping it subsides though!

Stacergirl I'm taking it as a good symptom, due to not having anything else.

Just had a wave of worry flood over me. Though omg what would happen if I miscarried after all this. Is there really something growing in there. Surely I cannot be lucky for it to work first time, why us when so many fail numerous times what happened with us that didn't happen with others?????

Just getting anxious and trying not to bond with it in case it all goes wrong!!!

does anyone else have the same thoughts?????

Soph I think that all the time...what if I have a positive test but there is no baby in there?

You only have till Friday & you'll be fine...I think it's the biggest worry getting over the first trimester...

What time Friday is your scan?

Babs so exciting you're testing tomorrow :) yay good luck x

Pcsoph I think it's all normal feelings. I think we can all breathe once we see that little heart beat.

Aimze see if your office can prescribe you vitamins? My office gave me a three pack. One is omega 3 one is vitamin d (apparently my D was low) and a basic prenatal. Take them right before you go to bed. I did that with my daughter. I was so sick the first trimester with her. Had to go to the hospital for dehydration. Hopefully I won't be as bad with this one??

Bbblues they just recommend using folic acid so when I collect my progesterone I'll get some folic on its own...

How long are you ladies on progesterone for? I think mine works out about 8.5 weeks...Read a lot of people go through to 12 weeks xx

Soph I'm excited for u...our groups first scan!

All the current bfp's were one embryo transfer weren't they? Oculi, soph, bbblues & kpkj?

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->