May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Thanx Sandy :D I gunna set off in a bit - got 2hrs till my app :D

How u getting on with all the meds? x

not long! :happydance:

I'm doing good no side effects apart from the first 2 days. I'm now just wishing the time away to be able to beginning my stims xx

not long! :happydance:

I'm doing good no side effects apart from the first 2 days. I'm now just wishing the time away to be able to beginning my stims xx

I know the feeling I'm on my second week of Lupron wishing the 6th would hurry up and get here so that I could start stimming.

Update starting stims tonight ;)

Goodluck!

Hi Everyone,

I would like to join. I am starting down regging for IVF end of May. Have my planning appointment on 13 May and then its good to go!!!

This is my first IVF. Good luck to everyone out there undergoing this procedure in the next few months!!!

welcome, this is my first ivf also really hoping its a first time success GL to you

Plex, how did your appt go? :hugs:

Lucinda, Great news on starting Stims :happydance: xx

:hi: Ive had my scan/swabs and bloods done - FIVE vials of blood! I was surprised at my bmi which was 25!!!!! OMG (it has to be under 28 to egg share). Anyway I have to wait for my next af to have bloods on cd 2-4 then have a nursing information session then I get started - somewhere in that time i also have to have a counselling session; im just going to phone them now as they shudve called me but havent :dohh: It went pretty well - the nurse was really nice and answered all my questions, my only concern is that around june/july they have periods of closing the clinic for cleaning purposes so have reduced services for a week at a time - theres about 4weeks in those two months where bits of the clinic will be shut up! The nurse said not to worry as i shud be scheduled around those dates :) Ive been working out dates etc and i think i shud be finishing my first cycle in july - that seems AGES away :( x

Plex, glad the appt went well sounds like you will be underway in no time and honestly once you get started the time will fly by July isn't that far away :hugs: xx

Ladies, I'm starting to worry that I'm way off in my calculations of when I'll be having my ET... reading your posts is making me think that I'll be about a month off of my original thought of mid June.

At my clinic, I was told to call on cd1 to go in for a baseline ultrasound and begin bcp. It was my understanding, that I'd be on bcp for 2-3 weeks, then meds for another 2 weeks, then ER then 3-5 days later the ET. Am I way off here? Some of you seem to be having way more appts?? I originally thought the entire thing would be about 6 weeks. ??

Is this wishful thinking on my part? :wacko:

What do you think?

Stacer, AF arrive yet? When do you anticipate the actual ET??

Keeping you all in my prayers girls!!! :hugs:

Hmommy, Every clinic is different so not to sure! I've listed my cycle below

Start Buserelin injections for 3 weeks
Baseline scan to check my system is shut down
Start Stims Menopur next day if all is well
Scan a week later to check count of follicles
final scan 4 days later to confirm i can do trigger shot
ER 2 days later
ET 3 or 5 days after that.

I know some ladies are on BCP then still have to proceed with down regging injections for 3 weeks after that the start stimms so not sure if you are missing the down reg part out.

From starting my down reg injections the length of the IVF cycle is 5 weeks

Hope this helps! xx

Hmommy-Af hasn't gotten here yet, expecting her between Thursday and Tuesday. I pray she doesn't come sat bc I don't know if cd 2 or 3 blood work will be possible. I'm eith with on the calculations though. This process takes forever. My dh doesn't understand why we shouldn't have the Er or Et in may. But in thinking our final ivf spot will be next week or the following week, then a couple weeks to get meds in the mail so probably won't be doing anything until June-if that's even possible. I can't wait to get my dates, this feels so out of my control, which I know it is but having dates would give me a little reassurance. I think we're going to be on a very close track!

Plex-glad everything went well!

Sandy-thanks for the timeline. You did bcp before busetelin, right? Or no? How long did it take to get your meds?

Good luck to everyone else.

Sandy, thank you so much for your response. I was getting worried that I was being way too optimistic to think I could get all this done in 4-6 weeks! lol... Like everyone else I guess, I'm just wanting time to fast forward.

:)

Stacer, I will keep my fingers crossed for you that the witch shows up any day but Saturday!! Yes, I think we'll be very close with our cycles. I'm expecting AF between May 8-12. Knowing my luck, this'll be the only darn time she's late! lol...

Can't wait to compare notes with you. I hope our protocols are smiliar :)

Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well. Quick update from me. I had another us today and my lining is looking "great" according to the NP. I am to continue the estrogen, lupron until next week, and start crinone next weekend, then transfer is scheduled for the 16th!

Stacer, No i didn't do BCP before buserelin it was straight into injections. I think thats where things differ between to US and UK procedures. As to getting my Meds i'm funded under the NHS in the UK so I get a prescription from the clinic and can pick up at any pharmacy that day. Am i right in thinking you are in the US? :hugs:

Hmommy, In this whole procedure you do wish time away but once you get started and you have appointments and injections to do time just seems to fly by :hugs:

Lucie, Yay! for great lining the 16th will be here before you know it :happydance:

hope the rest of you ladies are doing well :hugs: xx

HMommy - My cycle will be up to 8weeks long but then I have to get my cycle in line with my recipient so I would imagine it would be about 6 weeks normally. Hopefully the time will fly by for us both! x

Stacer - Really hope af doesnt get u on sat as its the bank holiday :( x

Lucie - :happydance: 2weeks till et!! Its great that ur lining is doing well too :) How have u found ur previous tww's when doing the ivf? Do u keep urself busy or just rest - if u can? x

Sandy - Hows the meds going? x

Hope everyones doing well x

Im just waiting for the counsellor to call me back - they only work mon, tue and fri and i think theyre half days too :( I need to get an appointment sometime from now but before af which may or may not arrive on the 14th May. The important blood test results for cycstic fybrosis will be back around the 21st May. After that I will get booked in for my info session then i start but that will be probably next month. I think im surprised at how long the set up process takes :( Hopefully though the time will go quickly. Im now in the tww so fxd I dont need the IVF :thumbup: but i wont hold my breath.....

Plex I'm sure once you get started it won't seem like such a long process :0

Plex, for ivf 1 I tested 1 day before beta because I couldn't stand not knowing. For ivf #2, I did not test before beta. I don't think I will be testing early this time, but who knows. :)

Lucy... exciting to hear you're well on your way!!

Plex.. cannot imagine worrying about someone elses cycle on top of worrying about my own! lol.. What you are doing is awesome.. lots of good karma to you!!

Have any of you heard about taking baby aspirin after ET? I've been reading up on the benefits...

Plex, for ivf 1 I tested 1 day before beta because I couldn't stand not knowing. For ivf #2, I did not test before beta. I don't think I will be testing early this time, but who knows. :)

I always test early even though I know i shudnt lol I just cant help myself :haha: I have to buy lots of internet cheapies to keep my obsession to a minimal cost :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->