May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

My scan went well today, baby is measuring right on track and his/her heartbeat is 125.

Hmommy-that's funny that we have the exact sane symptoms!! I guess we're the lucky ones that should be thanking our lucky stars. I'm ok with no symptoms as long as everything is ok with baby. That's cool you'll be delivering at Winnie my due date is march 10 (either that or the 7th). My grandfathers birthday was the 8th which is kinda ironic as well! I'm happy that we get to be 8 and 9 months preg during the winter instead of the summer heat!! Makes it so much better. I'm doing a little bit better about the twin, totally agree that it's natures way, but I'm away I feel like I'm
In denial that I'm still pregnant bc I don't want to get my hopes up. My next scan is sept 3, I'll be 13 weeks and my dr says ill be out of the first trimester at 13 weeks, so once I get through that scan I think I'll be more excited bc I'll be able to plan for baby and stuff! So just got to get through these next couple of weeks! Luckily I go on vacation the 26-30 and then we have labor day to keep me busy until then! Let us know when you find out about your next scan!!

Lucinda-hope the follistim was easy for you! I kinda liked the pen, was quicker than mixing the menopur. But I was on 300ius of each (menopur and follistim) everyday day for 13 days... With low amh you require a way higher dose. But it's worth it!! Keep us posted on your monitoring! Fx for you that this is it!!

Stay hopeful-that's great news! Congrats!!!

Stayhopeful yay for baby measuring right on track!
Stacergirl yes it was super easy ....so easy I thought I was doing it wrong! They are having me start at 150 because they won't be seeing me until 3 days later. Also they are doing a scraping on Thurs...anyone ever heard of this???? My RE says it helps with implantation....we shall see ;)

Stacer and hmmomy hang in there guys... Huge hugs x
Got follow up appt in 3-4 wks x

Lucinda-howd the scraping go? I can see how that would improve implantation because the endometrium would fresh and ready for baby to attach. Hope you're doing well!

Hmommy-how is your hematoma? Are you able to hide your preg now that you're back to work?

Silver-how are you?

Stayhopeful-hope you're doing well.

Afm-it frustrates me that people who weren't ever labelled as infertile or never had a problem getting pregnant don't understand why a miscarriage could be more devastating, and that having a second child wouldn't be easy. my MIL was trying to tell me that it wasn't my fault we lost a twin, which I know, but I tried to explain to her why it was so upsetting, but she doesn't get it! She doesn't know we did ivf. But for the first time ever I told her I have low eggs and that we didn't think we could get pregnant so the fact that we got preg Period, especially with twins was so exciting, but then to lose one when we don't know if I'll have enough eggs to have a 2nd pregnancy, was very upsetting in more ways than one. Oh well at least I tried. Hence why she doesn't know we did ivf. She wouldn't get it.

Stacer, I feel you on the mother in law situation. Mine doesn't understand some things relating to the hematoma and it can irritate me. I've been bleeding more since going back to work and several friends have noticed my bump (I'm skinny to begin with so it sticks out noticeably) lol.... I'm twelve weeks on Sunday and have an ultrasound on Thursday so if baby is ok I'll be sharing :) the bleeding makes me so weary though... Ugh! It sucks. :(

How are you feeling?? :)

Stacer, sorry to hear about your MIL! I'm doing well, struggling with MS. The doctor prescribed me Zofran after I started throwing up yesterday, before that I'd just been really nauseous. Just praying that means a healthy baby. I know it was a good sign to see the little guy's heartbeat at the last scan, but I'm already anxiously awaiting the next one.

Stacergirl sorry bout the MIL situation :/ IVF is def a roller coaster and having say things bout something they don't get is frustrating. I'm actually feeling miserable as I went to work and felt like I should have been in bed all day....I have to go for scan tom and I'm hoping I feel better by then. My RE has also upped my Follistim.

Hmommy-thanks. Sorry about your mil And that youre still bleeding. I think itll be safe to share the news after your appt on thurs. hope it goes well!!! I don't know about you, but I'm super irritable since last week. I think everything bothers me! I'm so hormonal and it's driving me nuts. I can cry at the drop of a dime. Or be angry at the drop of the dime. Dh doesn't get it.... He needs to freaking google it as it would be helpful if he understood its mot my fault instead of acting like it is.

Stay hopeful-I know how you feel. I think as soon as you see the lo, you just want to keep seeing them for peace of mind. I'm sure those feelings never go away! When's your next scan?

Lucinda-how'd your scan go? Sorry you're not feeling well, you think it's due to the amount of follicles you have? Hope everything's going well!

Hope everyone else is well.

Afm-calling tomorrow to see if I can get in for a scan this week before I go on vacation.

Stacergirl we are in the same boat my Dh is like the one who is preg he doesn't understand that hormones can change mood swings if I am low he becomes moody himself. Thought I would get someone to advise him.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Lucinda when is your ec due.

Stacergirl my scan went went; i had many follicles(don't know how many) but the biggest one was jut 9....this was Sat. So my RE doubled my follistim dose for Sat and Sun and I'm going today for scan again.

Funfair egg collection should be this week....i should have a better idea today after my scan as Sat my follies were still small. I will update later today on how scan goes.

Fun fair-its so annoying isn't it? I hope they get it soon, for our sake!

Lucinda-glad your scan on sat went well. Hoping you get those eggies soon!! I'll be looking for your update later today! Good luck!

Stacergirl....back from scan...my right side is lagging behind in that there are a lot of follies but all at 9. On my left biggest was 13, then 4 at 12, 3 at 10, and some other ones at 9. RE might increase my Follistim to 600 as im doing 450 right now. I go back in on Wed for another scan.

Lucinda-that's still really great! So you could be looking at Friday as the earliest for ER?? That would be great bc you'd have the weekend to rest. I had mine on a Friday. Fx for you! And wow for being up to 600! I thought I was on a lot with 300, but that was only my nighttime dose as I had 300 menopur in the mornings. Are you excited, nervous?

Stacergirl I'm doing 600 of Follistim tonight and tom night with my 1/2 vial of Menopur. I'm actually on vacation all of next week so ill def be able to rest if ER is sat or sun and then transfer next week....I'm getting nervous and scared as this is ivf #3....I'm really hoping 3 times a charm for me! I'm also nervous bout the anesthesia because on Thurs as I was waking up I started talking about my client....super embarrassing! I really hope I don't feel any more uncomfortable during my ultrasound on Wed as today it was just a tad uncomfortable.
So how are you feeling?and thanks for following up with me ;)

That's perfect youre on vacation next week, I am as well! Very excited. Although I tried to get into doc office for ultrasound but they're saying to go to ED if I need to be evaluated, which I don't have any reason to go to the hospital, I just wanted to make sure everything was ok prior to leaving on vacation. Guess I'll just have to wait until sept 3 for the US. I know ill be super nervous at that appt. but they did say that everything looked perfect with baby b, so not sure why I worry. I guess bc baby a heart stopped and I had no symptoms. I'm sure once I get through sept 3 and everything goes well that I'll be less worrisome, well I hope!
I wouldn't worry about the anesthesia. I know it's embarrassing for you, but I'm sure they've seen much worse. I used to work in recovery at a hospital and a lot of people would get angry when they woke up. Needless to say the nurses never really judges them as they knew it was the anesthesia. I can totally understand why you'd be nervous! You have every right to be. But the good part is that your RE is doing everything possible to make this a success. I kinda feel like if she fails she'll probably feel worse than you, so that gives her more of a push to not fail! Which I'm sure she won't! I'm excited for you to get started! I have good feelings about this one. And maybe the 3rd time is all you needed! Will you be transferring more than one? I'm glad I transferred 2 just bc I keep thinking if we only transferred baby a, that we'd be back at square one trying to decode whether to do ivf again or not. But obviously that's your choice! Hope you feel better! You're on the home stretch! You should be very proud of yourself!!! Fx for you!

Well I finally got in to see my doc, I'm going in 3 hours. Not sure if they're just going to evaluate me or if they'll do a scan, but we will see. Now I'm nervous. Just praying everything goes well. I don't want to worry the entire pregnancy, but it's so hard not to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->