May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Excited for you Silver!! :thumbup: I have to wait to get af this month to try to gage when it might come in October.. and they said just to call on cd1 in October. I've read on the internet (go figure) that af might be delayed after a mc so I'm impatient to see what happens. I have a feeling I'll be starting my cycle on BCP sometime closer to the end of October. Will keep you posted!

Stacer, how are you feeling lately? Do you have a noticeable bump yet? :flower:

Silver Goodluck!
Hmommy I lay on my back after transfer and I lay for close to an hr. This new RE is at a practice that is huge on autoimmune issues and so that was one of the first things...I've had every possible blood test done ...even to rule out PCOS! I also have has a HSG, saline ultrasound, hysteroscopy, uterine biopsy....and have scheduled the MRI of the pelvis for next Tues. My RE called me this evening to discuss next steps but I was shopping at the lower floor of my local Walmart and get no reception there and so I missed her call :/ I know she discuss doing lupron for 3 months before next transfer....I just don't know at this point. She says that there is nothing wrong with the quality if my embryo and that it's definately an implantation issue...mystery is how do we solve that issue. This time I even took a week off from work and had transfer under anesthesia.

Lucinda, have you ever considered acupuncture? I think I'm going to look into it. Some sites say it's the final answer for women with unexplained issues..sort of like finding the part of you that's not balanced. Some insurance covers it too :)

I did acupuncture for 4 months before IVF and up to ET. My acupuncturist actually came to the REs office and did a session right before and right after my transfer. Not sure if it helped, but it couldn't have hurt!

Silver-that's great that you can start in a month! Hoping everything goes well! I totally understand what you mean about low amh! I too am dealing with that and didn't have any embryos to freeze. So I'm greatful one took but obviously it stays in the back of my mind that this may be the only one I have-of course I'm not taking that for granted though bc I'm lucky to have this one!! so I just hope that in your next cycle, you get at least one that sticks!!!

Hmommy-really hoping af doesn't delay! Im So glad you're trying again! Im sure it's been so hard on you two these last few weeks! But glad you havent given up hope! Gosh im still so scared to tell everyone the news but im 14 weeks so i should get over it by now. Its just so hard after a loss though. My friend has actually been spreading the news for me, which o guess is ok! My belly is bigger, to me anyway, it looks like I keep eating donuts but luckily it's only in my belly! Lol! My pants done fit that much so I'm in a belly band and wearing dressed for work when I can, but I'm sure ppl will notice soon, I had just lost 12 lbs prior to the ivf so I was looking thin. Thanks for asking! :)

Lucinda-ugh, totally understandable why you "just don't know". This shouldn't have to be so difficult! Although there's got to be a light at the end of this tunnel for you! Keep us posted on the MRI.

So I finally got the call from my RE and we decided to do another Fresh cycle in order to freeze those eggs and put them with with my other 3. She is awaiting the results of the MRI to rule out adenomyosis.....unfortunately she will be on vacation when I get those results....she'll be back on Fri though but wished I didn't have to wait so long to find out the findings! So at least I will have something to do while I wait for my transfer!

Stacer, isn't it awesome to have a bump?! :happydance: I can't believe you're still not telling people!!! You're good to go girl!! :)

Lucinda, great news about getting some eggs to store. :thumbup: When will you be cycling again?

Lucinda, sounds like you have a good plan. GL with this next cycle!

Hmommy, good luck with your upcoming cycle as well! I hope AF shows quickly so you can get started.

My scan today went well, baby looks great. However, I'm so dehydrated from morning sickness that I ended up on an IV in the office all afternoon and I'm off work for the rest of the week.

Hmommy-thanks! I know, I'm silly! I hate being that girl who waits til the next appt for everything to be ok..so I'm trying not to be, but deep down I am! I guess I'll start telling more people-im even thinking about announcing on fb. Eek! I'm going to tell my boss Friday.

Lucinda-that's great about the fresh cycle! At least you'll have lots of embryos ready and waiting for you! I've never heard of Adenomyosis. Hopefully you don't have it, but at the same time I'm sure you're just wanting to know the reason behind all of this! Bummer about your doc being on vacation. I wonder if she'll call you anyway, she seems really invested in your care that I wouldn't be surprised!

Stay hopeful-great news about baby!! Sorry you ended up on an iv though. But thank god you didn't go longer without fluids! I hope your ms gives you some relief soon hun!!

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well!

Stay hopeful-you doing better?

Just wanted to drop in and say I told my boss the news today. My heart was racing and I was sk nervous, not for any particular reason though. I'm just silly! I knew he'd be okay with it. No FB announcement yet, dh wants to wait. It's kinda nice keeping the secret but at the same time doesn't seem real either, ya know?

Telling the boss is nerve-wracking! I ended up having to tell mine at about 6 weeks because of missing work for doctor appointments and because of how bad my ms was. Definitely starting to feel better though! This new med is so much better. I still feel a little queasy after breakfast this morning, but I haven't thrown up at all since Tuesday. My counts are back up as of yesterday, so I'm officially no longer dehydrated or malnourished. Today is the last day I'm staying home from work. I'm supposed to have my first appt with my regular OB on Monday afternoon, but I may move that a bit since I missed so much work this week.

I will do personals later been crazed getting ready for a black tie affair for my inlaw tom n I'm also surprising DH...do ill do personals on sun when I catch my breath!

stayhopeful, first off, good luck with going back to work. I can't believe what a rough time you've had of all this morning sickness. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful and has you feeling great! :flower:

I noticed in your siggy, you had an amazing response to stimming... 19 frosties??!!!! :happydance: I'm determined to have a better response this time around, so do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions:

What types of foods did you eat/ or stay away from during stimming?
Did you take any supplements like Royal Jelly or Maca?
Did you take extra folic acid besides your prenatal?
When you stimmed, how far below the belly button did you insert your needle?

OK, these may seem like silly questions, but can you humor me?? :dohh:

stayhopeful, first off, good luck with going back to work. I can't believe what a rough time you've had of all this morning sickness. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful and has you feeling great! :flower:

I noticed in your siggy, you had an amazing response to stimming... 19 frosties??!!!! :happydance: I'm determined to have a better response this time around, so do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions:

What types of foods did you eat/ or stay away from during stimming?
Did you take any supplements like Royal Jelly or Maca?
Did you take extra folic acid besides your prenatal?
When you stimmed, how far below the belly button did you insert your needle?

OK, these may seem like silly questions, but can you humor me?? :dohh:

Not silly questions at all!

During stimming I mainly just tried to avoid caffeine and alcohol. I didn't have any coffee, sodas, or alcohol at all. I did forget that chocolate has caffeine so I had some of that. I tried to make sure that my diet was semi-balanced, but I didn't go overboard. I did try to eat a lot of protein to help with OHSS and my doctor had me drinking a lot of water and gatorade, I tried to do 40oz of water and 32oz of Gatorade a day as I got closer to ER.

I didn't take any extra supplements. I did take an extra folic acid though because I have a folic acid deficiency, so I take a pill that has folic acid, b6, and b12 on top of my prenatal.

I actually did my stims to the sides of my belly button. Maybe about half an inch below and at least 2 inches to the side. That's how my RE has shown me to do all my injections.

Just let me know if you have any other questions! FX that this round is great for you!

Thank you Stayhopeful!! :hugs: I've read that a woman's eggs are a set amount and there's not much you can do, BUT I have to try anything and everything this time round. I would be so happy if I could freeze a couple. Last time I had a poor response.. just 6 eggs. However, it did get me my BFP, so I'll be grateful to get that amount again or more. :flower:

Hmommy, you're correct, everyone's born with a specific number of eggs, but if you don't have low amh (ovarian reserve) like I do, you should be able to get more. Perhaps your dpc just needs to up your meds. That might give you more follicles and thus more eggs. One thing you can ask your doc About is taking co q 10 and/or dhea which increases egg quality. However not sure if taking them for a month will work as I took both for 3 months prior to ER, but it's worth asking?!

Stacer, I was just looking at dhea today! I've read great things about it. Did your Dr recommend it to you? I asked my Dr if he would up my meds but he told me that I was on the max dose (600 iu) of gonal f already :( so I figured if I start a cycle in late October I won't have egg collection until December so that gives me about 10-12 weeks to get a good dose of supplements in me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->