May/June IVF Buddies Please!!

Still some brownish spotting today but I talked to my OB this morning and she didn't seem worried, just said no bd and take it easy for a few days. I'll talk to her more at my regular appt on Thursday.

Stay hopeful-sorry you're still spotting, but as long as the baby still has a heart beat you should be good. I've heard of women spotting and being ok, so it's good your OB isn't concerned. Luckily you get to go in on Thursday, so I hope you get more reassurance. Take it easy until then!!

Silver-sorry you're not feeling so good! I hope you feel better soon! When are you going in to see your doctor?

Thanks for your kind words ladies, I'm sure I'll get over it soon, I guess it's the shock and the hormones getting the best of me! As I said previous I'm happy for her and know this will be great to go through together, it was just upsetting.

Hmommy and Lucinda-hope you're doing good!!

Down regging til the 30/10 when go in for scan to check I can start stimming. Feel bit better today but still hormonal. The 30th seems a long way off. Got acupuncture tomorrow and hoping this will help me feel better.

Stayhopeful I'm happy that ur ob is not concerned with the spotting n that u get to see her Thurs.
Stacer I have recovered from OHSS !!!! Unfortunately I received my first Lupron Depot injection and I feel so off n easily annoyed :( so I go back exactly in a month for the 2nd injection.

Stayhopeful, three things: keep your feet warm, sleep on your left, and don't sit on hard or cool surfices. My new obgyn told me these and I wish I was told sooner. Also, spotting during pregnancy is really common and brown blood is old blood so deep breaths and relax. Listen to your body and rest up when you need to. :hugs:

As for me, day 8 of bcp and my new protocol looks like the old one but they've added testosterone and hgh to hopefully help with egg quantity and quality. I'm also on follistim now instead of gonal f so I guess it's full steam ahead! :thumbup:

Thinking of you girls!! :)

Silver-the 30th isn't too far away! Hold tight, it will go by fast! Glad you're feeling better!

Lucinda-yay for recovering from ohss! That's great!

Hmommy-sounds like you're on track to get started! I was on follistim as well, it wasn't bad but boy is it expensive!! :/ glad you got a new OB that you like!

Stay hopeful-let us know how your appt goes but I'm sure all will be fine!

Sending lots of positive vibes to all of you!!!

My doctor didn't seem concerned at all during my appointment today, she said the spotting was most likely because of the low-lying placenta and just to not do anything too strenuous. But the baby had a strong heartbeat, so I'm breathing a little easier. Thanks so much for all of the support!!!

Sending out positive vibes to all the ladies in the various stages of their cycles.

Great news Stayhopeful!! :happydance:

Girls, I start stimming on Tuesday but wondering if I should continue taking my Royal Jelly, Co q 10, and extra iron/folic acid supplements. My RE had told me that there's no research to support the use of supplements during IVF so he doesn't recommend them. Not sure if that means "they can't hurt either..." :wacko:

Any thoughts?
:flower:

Hmommy yay for tues. I'm taking folic acid, royal jelly and fish oil. Think I'm going to continue this ivf cycle, cos stopped last time. It's difficult though cos it's sl guess work I asked and got the no evidence as well Hun x

Ok silver. Thanks! :) I guess we'll see. I don't want to do anything behind my ER's back, but the royal jelly is just categorized in my local health foods store as a 'super food' so I'm thinking it can't harm :)

Know what u mean. I decided against dhea and had co enzyme 10 upto starting. But staying on the other things. Fingers crossed :happydance:

Stay hopeful-glad baby is doing well! Hopefully you're more reassured!

Hmommy-good luck with the stims. I would take the co q 10 til egg retrieval since it's for egg quality. I don't see any harm in continuing the folic acid though since the baby would need it. Not sure what the royal jelly is for though so not sure. Please keep us posted! We're all rooting for you!!!!

Hope everyone else is well!!

Hmommy not sure about the other supplements but I did take extra folic acid throughout my IVF cycle and I've been taking it throughout my pregnancy too.

Hmommy-have you had your scan yet? How are those follies growing??

Silver-you have a scan coming up, right?

How's everyone else?

Hey girls,

Day 5 of stims for me. I'm on follistim now (Stacer, think you mentioned being on that last time) Can I ask you a question? How did you figure out how much was left in the vile? I had to inject myself three bloody times this morning because I noticed there was always more left in the cartridge (didn't want to waste any before I switched to a new cartridge since its so expensive) :wacko:

I was reading about accupuncture and I think I have "cold uterus" lol.. I'm serious! Always cold hands and feet, and they say it slows progesterone and prevents babies from thriving in-utero??!! So now I'm wearing socks everyday and drinking tea like a fiend!! :dohh:

How is everyone else doing? Think about you girls all the time!!

Hmommy-glad you're doing okay! I honestly attempted trying to figure out how much was left in one of those and then gave up, so I hAve all 6 of the vials with the leftovers in my fridge! Lol figure if I have to do it again I'll just keep sticking myself bc it is so expensive! I did do a google search though and think I recall others saying they put 200iu extra in there...which is interesting to me, not sure why they do that but I'm sure we're paying for it! I was so worried at first I wasn't getting all the meds out until I did a google search.Sorry I'm not much help! Maybe you could call the manufacturer, or ask your pharmacist? That would be really interesting if you had a cold uterus, hope that the socks and tea and everything else works!!! Let us know how your first scan goes!! I'm rooting for you!! :)

Hi ladies,
Got scan tomorrow to check down regging has worked and then hoping to start stimming on thurs... Fingers crossed.

Stacer- how are u getting on Hun?hope ur feeling well

Hmommy- 5 days in that's great. Hope ur feeling ok x

Thanks Stacer- like you, I still have all my gonal-f pens in the other fridge from the first cycle because I can't bear to through them out knowing how much they cost!! :dohh: Well, I guess I'll just keep jabbing myself each morning...emptying every last drop!

Silver, can't wait for you to start stimming. How many days do you think you'll be doing?

Stacer, how much baby stuff have you accumulated?? :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->