May Marvels 2018

So I'm due 5 days before school (work) ends. Gonna take the last week of work off, have summer, then can resume the remaining 11 weeks when school resumes in August.

After that, I'm taking personal leave (paying all benefits premiums, ugh) until the start of January. I'll return then at the start of the second semester. I just feel strongly about staying with little dude as long as possible!

US leave sucks!

Had a great mw app today. Talked about my blood sugars and she said even if I do end up on insulin (which she thinks I’m doing great and won’t have to) they can consult with OBs and not transfer my care. I would have to do a hospital birth (or go to the hospital afterwards if we have a crazy fast birth at home by accident to make sure the baby is ok with her sugars etc. But I’m feeling so grateful that I will almost certainly remain in their care. I grow to love them more every time!

And I’m measuring exactly on track so I haven’t made her huge with my GD yet XD.

We have a home birth info class tomorrow night to help Dh get off the fence (he’s not really on the fence but just not really PRO it like I am). Anyways that should be interesting!

I booked my last few mw appts today so I know exactly 69 days until I can get my first sweep XD.

That's really great you can stay under your midwife Reiko. They sound lovely and really committed to helping you have the birth you want.

Viera the cat cuddles were nice, until I got woke up a million times by headbutts and cats trying to get under the duvet. Less fun then haha.

That’s great news reiko!!
I’ve been having sharp stitch like pains too! And increasingly huge by the day!
We’re not really ones for Valentine’s Day either but dh always buys me a lovely bunch of flowers so that’s lovely as I love flowers. Funny tho dh went to work yesterday and his co-worker said did you get any this morning and dh said no it’s like wrestling a rhino at the moment 😂 ( I found this very funny by the way)
Kids are on school holidays do spending my days trying to entertain them or chauffeuring them back n forth between friends houses lol.

Reiko-that’s great news! The info night answers all those questions of doubt that one might have re:’safety’ of home birth. Dh was on the fence before dd and we went to the info night and then he was all for it.

Broken-sounds like my sleep most nights but replace the cat with a 5 yr old that sneaks in to our bed every night. Any which way I’m flippin exhausted all the time.

I’m not much for Valentines Day except when it comes to the kids being little. Dd and I baked cookies to give as her Valentines for the kids at school. It took a lot of time and created a huge mess but ya can’t beat how happy it made her to bring them to school.

Me and DH are having a "not Valentine's" night tomorrow. It's his only day off this week (yay care work(!)) so we're having take away and ice cream and a film.

I'm kinda hoping he brings me some flowers. But not for Valentine's, just because the daffodils are out and they are my mums flower. We shall see though.

US leave sucks!

Amen to that!! Ugh. My manager is British and trying to explain to him what I understand about how US standards/our company's ad hoc policy intersect is...a thing. We're all learning a lot, I guess!

Reiko, so so glad to hear the good news from your midwives. What a lovely team to have on your side.

Broken...as we like to say around here...cats are nature's buttholes. (Ours was snuggly and mellow last night — she is usually very good — but juuuuust in the way enough to keep me from resting well.)

ricschick, lol! A shared sense of humor is such a good thing to have in a relationship.

Ready...COOKIES! What a great idea, and what a lovely memory to make with your daughter.

Oh my goodness Ricschick that is SO funny what your DH said!! Last time we got into things it was clear our”normal” stuff is done and we need to get creative around the bump now XD haha!!

US leave does suck... my cousin in Phoenix just posted on FB her baby is 10 or 11 weeks old and she’s going back to work. That’s crazy!! She has a great job at a private school too so she’s probably got “good” leave comparably.

The HB info night was nice, short and sweet, we got to watch a hb video of one of the girls and I totally cried. They talked about transfers and the nice thing is that the mws are so supportive, they kept reiterating hb is not for everyone, they want you to labour where you feel most comfortable, and support you whatever choice you make. I just think that’s such a nice attitude even though we really want a hb. Or I do. My husband was happy to see all the equipment they bring for health of baby, I think that was his most concerning thing.

I am sad I will miss out on my nitrous oxide though XD I got that with my stitches both times and it made me totally Loopy Lol! I’ve never taken drugs in my life but I like that stuff XD

I am getting a bit depressed about my situation at work ladies. I make stupid mistakes that I would ordinarily never make, forget about tasks that I should be doing and just feel sick of the whole thing. Wish I could just be in Germany were maternity leave starts at 35 weeks. Here, we only have 90 days in total so work until right up to delivery basically. Was told today it's affecting operations but I can't help being pregnant now, can I?!

I'm glad your hubs is feeling better about a home birth now Reiko. Your midwives sound lovely. Is nitrous oxide gad and air? I'm pretty sure midwives over have carry it and bring it to home births. I'm not 100% though.

Oh Chibi I'm sorry your work isn't being supportive. It's absolutely not your fault you have baby brain and they should probably account for that. :hugs:

Reiko glad the class went well. They are really very prepared and those ‘red flags’ pop up sooner than people realize.

Chibi-sorry your boss is lacking sympathy. Pregnancy brain is actually a thing that causes distractions and mistakes. I drop everything and leAve a mess in my wake.

Reiko glad dh felt better after the class!
Chi don’t let it bother you! You are pregnant you are growing a person and it effects every part of you. Maybe try and write lists to help you remember things?? Xx

Chib I’m so mindless too. I walk from one end of work to the other and completely forget what I’m doing. It’s draining growing a baby and it definitely drains the brain too!! Totally legitimate. It must be so hard to be making mistakes when you’re normally so competent. The only thing that’s helped me is getting to work early so I can focus on the day ahead.

You only get 90 days? That’s all your taking? Is it paid or unpaid?

Broken — yes it’s gas and air! They don’t bring anything to homebirth for pain relief except freezing for stitching up tears. I guess the main thing they use is water which apparently works really well. Oh and they talked about sterile water injections which block the dermatomes for back labour pains. I’ve never had back labour though, hopefully I don’t this time either!

Reiko glad dh felt better after the class!
Chi don’t let it bother you! You are pregnant you are growing a person and it effects every part of you. Maybe try and write lists to help you remember things?? Xx

Believe me I am trying that ricschick. Problem is, some things I cannot keep in my head long enough to write them down. :/ :/ :/

Chib I’m so mindless too. I walk from one end of work to the other and completely forget what I’m doing. It’s draining growing a baby and it definitely drains the brain too!! Totally legitimate. It must be so hard to be making mistakes when you’re normally so competent. The only thing that’s helped me is getting to work early so I can focus on the day ahead.

You only get 90 days? That’s all your taking? Is it paid or unpaid?

Broken — yes it’s gas and air! They don’t bring anything to homebirth for pain relief except freezing for stitching up tears. I guess the main thing they use is water which apparently works really well. Oh and they talked about sterile water injections which block the dermatomes for back labour pains. I’ve never had back labour though, hopefully I don’t this time either!

It's 90 days off at 50% pay Reiko. I'll be taking another week of annual leave to top it up but that's it.

It's 90 days off at 50% pay Reiko. I'll be taking another week of annual leave to top it up but that's it.

That's something. I get "60 work days" unpaid with me paying what I usually do for insurance monthly ($160). I'm a teacher so no counting weekends, holidays, and days off, so it equates to about 12 weeks/3 months....but personal leave after is also unpaid PLUS me paying all my insurance premiums at full rate ($760!!!).

We're doing it since I feel strongly about not returning to work until the new semester, next January, and we have it in savings. That gives me almost 8 months with the little guy.

PS-just saw my new ticker...so true! lol

Today Im looking at “78 days remaining” and 78 days does not seem like a very long time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->