May Marvels 2018

78 days feels a heck of a lot closer to 2 months than 3 Reiko. It's nearly here!

Don’t no how I’m gonna cope I’m so physically tired today my body hurts and walking and standing about at the school is getting really hard!

I know exactly what you mean Ricschick. We're on half term this week and I could not be more glad for a break.

It's getting harder and harder to do the school run now. And I know it's only going to get worse.

Only 13 weeks to go for you now though. Hopefully it will go fast!

The walk to school is getting bad here too. It's less than a 5 minute walk, but I have such a stitch in my side by the time I get there. I'm about ready to start driving my oldest to school.

Happy 29 weeks to me! Baby boy is the size of a pineapple! I took a day off yesterday and spent it with my pregnant friend. Prenatal massages, lunch and dessert/coffee before picking the future big brothers up from school to play more together at her house. It was such a good day. I am thinking we need to do this every month from now on. I feel so much better now.

Chib that's so nice. I feel so busy I couldn't even fit a day like that in! But I will try and get a day like that in at least once before baby comes.

Sorry for all that are suffering with walking... my pgp is just starting to act up now and I have 3 weekends of work left which is where I do all my walking. Although I really find it's sitting still that makes it worse, when I go to move it's excruciating! If I keep moving most of the day it's just achy. My calves are killing me at the end of work though!

Heartburn is starting to get bad every night now too.

Had my 28 week scan today ladies. All looking great, baby is growing well. His estimated weight is over 3lbs already!! Not sure how accurate that actually is though.

I asked the sonographer and she couldn't see any sign of my ECH. She even went and double checked for me. So hopefully it's all gone now :happydance:

DS got to come in at the end and see baby which he loved. He also got to hear the heartbeat when we saw the consultant afterwards. His face was such a picture of shock and delight. He still hasn't felt baby move much, but he's not massively interested so I have pushed him.

When we got home though, I was baby talking my cat (who's the best boy type stuff. I love that cat so much ^_^) and DS was getting quite defensive saying he was the best boy and getting a bit upset. I really don't want him to start getting jealous of baby so any tips on how to reassure him would be awesome tbh.

Broken I’ve heard they can be quite out sometimes on the weight so take it with a pinch of salt.
I’ve always made sure the other children feel really part of it like helping out and being involved, touchwood we’ve not really had any jealousy.

We’ve just come off half term and now I’m just looking forward to Easter! Lol.

I'm not putting much stock in the weight tbh. He weighs what he weighs. It doesn't really matter.

I'm going to try and get DS involved in picking out some clothes and little bits for the baby. I'm also going to have a little chat with him about the new baby doesn't mean I love him any less kinda thing.

We're still on half term but I'm already looking forward to Easter haha. We have half term 2 weeks after baby is due and I'm so excited DS will get a full week to bond with his brother.

Broken that's great news about your ECH!

When we had our second, it really helped our oldest to get him involved in caring for the new baby. And also to setting some time aside for just me and him (we started baking cakes and cookies on Wednesdays)

Is anyone having swollen legs and feet? My right leg is always worse than my left. It doesn't hurt or anything. I've tried elevating it (half the time it makes my foot go to sleep) and my husband has been giving me nightly food rubs which helps a lot.

Heartburn is starting to get bad every night now too.

I'm having GERD, where I'll burp and suddenly there is a burn or lump in my throat. No heartburn or anything in chest but last night I felt like I had food stuck and couldn't breathe...that I do not like.

Broken I’m not sure about your older son!! Our girls have always been very excited and not shown jealousy at all... every child is different though. I have this one book called “I’m a big sister” bu Judith something or other that’s fantastic, I give it to all my friends expecting their second (she has the same book for brothers) but it’s geared more towards 3-4 year olds rather than a 6 year old. With my second we actually got to spend a lot of time together in the first few days because the baby mostly slept! Maybe keep him home from school for a few days if he’d like that?

Up until now he's been excited. I suspect hearing the heartbeat "live" so to speak has made him realise the baby is actually real now, instead of just an idea.

I'm not sure. DH is working tomorrow so I think I'm gunna sit him down and have a wee chat about it all. I know most of the books and resources will be aimed at younger children but I might have a google and see if anything is age appropriate.

Maybe you can find something on YouTube broken? I’m sure he will be fine once baby comes!!
Us too with the school holiday baby is due 19th then the following week they break up I think so good timing!! Plus dh will be on paternity leave so we can spend some time all together.

Viera maybe mention it to your mw about the swelling, I’ve not really had any swelling yet although I get quite bad water retention come the evening in my legs but that’s because I’m rubbish at drinking water lol.

I have my GGT on Monday not really looking forward to that! Then a normal mw the week after! Feels like forever since I’ve seen anyone!

Same for us with DH being on paternity. It'll be a lovely week for everyone to bond. I'm super excited for it.

I think May is going to be a nice time to have a baby. Even if I am quite stressed about knowing what clothes to buy. It was easy for DS, thick winter clothes in the first few sizes. This time I don't know what to buy cos the weather is so changeable that time of yr haha.

I agree Viera, speak to your midwife about it. I haven't had any leg swelling that I've noticed, my issues are all my flipping wrists.

Ricschick I still haven't got any info on my GTT yet. I'm assuming it was all clear. My consultant didn't even know if I'd had it done on Tuesday, which is super confidence inspiring. I see my midwife next week so will see if she has any info.

So I do not have cankles! Let that be known. There is still a definite definition before my ankles and they are still chicken skinny like normal.
Today, our head custodian comes and tell me I have cankles, so matter-of-fact. I told her that was rude and she did not relent, act admonished, or apologize! I was livid and told her it is disrespectful to point out flaws (this woman is missing lots of teeth--I would never say a word). UGH

Why do filters disappear when a baby is inside? I'm angry and annoyed. She told me she was the mother hen to moms at our work. I replied, "I already have one crazy mom, I don't need another."

Bleh. Rant over...

Oh I'm super bad about drinking water, maybe that would help :haha:

I've been having a soak every day in epsom salts and that seems to be helping quite a bit.

Chel that's so rude!! Honestly I'm speechless how anyone could just come up and say that.

I agree with Broken! I don’t really understand why pregnancy gives people free reign to be assholes!
I had dh grandmothers funeral on Tues and had people constantly touching my stomach (only 1 person asked permission). His aunt actually grabbed my boob as she went in for a hug and belly grab!! Like wtf??
I don’t like to be touched on a good day but I have been very vocal to those around me that pregnancy does not make us circus freaks for people to touch and stared at.
On a side note I turn 40 today and can’t fathom that I have reached this age that I clearly remember my parents turning. Where has the past decade gone??!!

Ahh happy birthday RnW!!!! 🎂🍭

It’s so true!! People seem to think you won’t get offended because your pregnant?? Where as your more likely too because no one wants to be called massive especially a hormonal woman!!!

Cheluzal that was a good come back!! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->