May Marvels 2018

Congratulations Viera!!! It's exciting to have the first babies arriving.

Ahh congratulations viera!!! So pleased she will be back in with you soon! Can’t wait to hear how it went and see pics!! Well done you!!! Xxx

Trying to move DH leave around so he's off from when the eviction process starts is giving me massive brain ache.
Talking to his work is like talking to a cartload of monkeys about physics.

Wouldn't you know the day I take off for self-imposed bed rest is a day I actually feel ok? I got 4.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night! Only one pee trip--success.

Maybe I can pack my hospital bag and get some stuff cleaned and organized....or just lie in bed watching TV, haha.

Wow! Congrats Viera! Looking forward to the stats and a photo once you’re ready. Hope you’re both recovering well.

I went back and read a bunch of posts! I too hope all is well with Wicky and her babe.

I’m with all you restless, cranky women. I was patiently waiting, reminding myself that they grow up so fast once they’re born and therefore savoring these last hours/days/weeks, but as of this past Sunday afternoon, something flipped and I’m ready to go have this bub! Still having lots of Braxton-Hicks and some cramping. Heart burn and my left leg is ALWAYS restless at night. I also have a horrendous cold, can’t taste a damn thing. Still have lots I want to get done before baby arrives, but I won’t mind if it doesn’t, really. Off to a prenatal massage today. Also, feeling quite annoyed with DH (and everyone else, for that matter). He is a huge over thinker and is allowing himself to be grumpy thinking about “how in the hell are we going to manage two kids” and getting anxious over how it is going to affect our lives and will we be able to sleep, etc, etc, etc. I reassured him annoyingly last night, but I’m still feeling totally vexed by that conversation. Why are men such wimps?!

Ha hope at least your DH realizes you’re having another baby! It seems like my DH has completely forgotten and doesn’t care at this point!

No progress here! Dtd last night did nothing. I guess this little one isn’t ready to come yet! I’m disappointed because now I’ll have to wait until May for another’s sweep and I was wanting an end of April baby, not for any particular reason but still haha.

Broken I hope you can get the leave moved! Some companies are just idiots to deal with.

How many days will your husbands be taking off ladies?

Broken it’s so annoying dealing with some people. I hope you get it straightened around.

Chel-I vote lie in bed and sleep! Lol

Hope-there is a reason men don’t get pregnant! They would not be able to handle any of it. Dh just over the last 2 days has started to acknowledge this pg. I haven’t felt supported at all through most of it. I know his is due to the loss of our son but come on! I hope you enjoy your massage, it’s well deserved.

Reiko-I know you must be so frustrated at this point. I’m desperately trying not to get stuck on when I want this baby to come because with me life just doesn’t work that way. Hopefully things are moving along for you and this baby will be out sooner than later.

Today I am feeling yucky! Bowels are miserable, I’m so freakin tired and I am feeling so restless. Im at the point where I’m annoyed with people asking how I’m feeling. I know it’s ridiculous but it’s like there is nothing else to discuss with me. I’m headed for acupuncture shortly. Hopefully that changes my attitude a little.

Wouldn't you know ladies. She was "doing the rota" at 11am this morning, was going to ring DH back. And she's gone home now... I swear it must be lovely to be a manager there. Everyone else is working 13/14 hour shifts. She polls in for 7 hours a day. Lovely. I asked DH how he gets to be a bloody manager!

Hope there is definitely a reason men don't get pregnant. Good lord we'd die out :haha:

Reiko I'm sorry things aren't moving yet. Hopefully soon though.

Me and DH has such a massive row last week about stuff. Really huge. But afterwards we talked for ages about stuff and I feel so much closer to him now. I feel like I've gone through this pregnancy alone, but he's kinda pulled it back over the last week. It's so nice not to be angry all the time with him as well.

I told him we're dtd after the sweep, then gunna go for walks all that weekend, as much as I can manage. I want this baby outttttt before the hospital on the 8th if possible.

Hi all,

I keep catching up and meaning to post, then not getting to it. Congrats Viera!!!! I spotted that Emzy who started the group had her LO today too!

Also hope Wicksy is okay.

Sorry to hear so many of you are all fed up and having battles with OHs and all.

I can perfectly understand those of you who want LO out asap, I am in the opposite boat.

My growth scan @ 34+6 calculated baba just below the 10th centile, the consultant there and then said "We would offer you induction at 37 weeks because your baby is small for gestational age" Shocked wasn't in it. Didn't even have a pram then. Had a mild panic (awful induction with my eldest) then a quick freak out over what I may or may not have done to cause it but then got my shiz together and discussed it more.

I argue that my other babies haven't *looked* as heavy as they have been (to the point my last two were weighed three times as they just didn't believe how heavy they were at 8lb 12oz and 9lb 8.5oz respectively) so then this one looks really teeny. It is my partner's first though and they are little legs who make dainty babies.

Anyways, they said I needed another growth scan at 36+6 (last Thursday). She was steady as you like so still just below the 10th so they gave it a bit of wanting to induce but as she has good blood flow, good fluid and strong movements PLUS she is just petite, not tailing off I elected to be monitored instead. Had a CTG last Thurs and repeated Tuesday then a doppler scan today which was all fine.

Homebirth is off the table as they are cautious if she is small they want to additionally monitor, but my instinct tells me that she'll be heavier than they expect. My research tells me her abdo circumference is well normal too, as is her head. Just tricky to measure, small femur length.

Plan is another growth scan next week then a further doppler the week after by which time I'll be 39+6. I can start getting sweeps from next week.

There now seems to be a push to induce over here, I think there is a current school of thought that placentas go dodgy! The extra monitoring seems a bit much on one hand, but I figure it is far better to have cautious clinicians and reassurance than wonder if they are missing anything. And I am always grateful to not have to worry about covering the cost.

I'm keen to avoid induction, ideally, unless I am already demonstrating good signs. With DD1 I had 3 pessaries then rupture of membranes and drip. Went on days. This time, if I get to 40+ and there are niggles, they can try one pessary. If no dice, I may request a gentle c-section.

That said, I am getting minor cramps and general signs so keeping it all crossed for a spontaneous labour!

I'm going to London for the weekend to see Chess the musical, so I have the OH on a bedroom ban to make sure I don't go before this haha. Once I get back, it is so on. Curry. Sex. RLT. Dates. You name it. :D

I saw emzys fb post too. She was due the same day as me. Why does she get her baby early :haha:
It's emzys birthday today as well, so she's sharing a birthday now. Super cute!

Oh Rosie, that sounds stressful. I would have thought if your bubba was smaller they'd want to keep her in as long as possible to try and get her weight up. But I suppose if there are placenta concerns.

As long as you're happy with the choices you're making, don't let the docs bully you into stuff you don't want. You know how you make babies much better than the doctors too. And with an 8lb and 9lb baby you certainly don't make em small!

Like you I don't want induction, but I do want this kid out. But I'm hoping the sweeps work and everything happens spontaneously.

Nice to see you Rosie!! Seems strange that they think she’s is so small considering your last babies! But I agree with you best to be monitored.
It won’t be long now girls they will soon be here!!
I just feel exhausted and I’m sick of it! I just want some energy!! 😴

I chose the bed option. I did meander downstairs for lunch but now I'm back in bed with serious BH and cramps. I think baby might have dropped: reclining in bed used to weigh too heavily on my upper stomach and now it's not a problem--but the pressure deep below is way intense. :shrug:

I'm being induced Mother's Day weekend (USA) if they'd ever call and freaking schedule, but I wouldn't mind if he came next weekend at 38 weeks.

Husband will probably take no more than a week. He's a self-contractor and really gets no PTO or anything, so we'll need the money since I'm taking off half of next school year (no summer pay and not returning until January). But he has so much work flexibility and gets off early a lot...

At first I was concerned LO needed to come out, but then I realised small for gestational age (based on a guess of what she weighs, based on possibly inaccurate measurments) isn't the same as restricted uterine growth (ie starts off fine and tails off).

Luckily we had the measurements from when she was 28 and 30 weeks from the private scans so I know she's always been dainty boned. :D I blame him indoors, he is Southern stock; I've only bred with Northerners before haha!

I don't think getting her out handy will make her legs any longer; if she was moving less or there was any concern about anything else I'd be fine with accepting eviction but whilst she is happy, I'll swerve it!

Viera - How absolutely wonderful!! Congratulations :) Hope you and baby are doing well. :hugs:

Strezy, it was a lovely birth experience until the PPH at the end. I think I was very dehydrated at that point. DH's job this time around is to force me to drink, even if I refuse to.
I hope you have a good experience this time :)
I'm struggling to practice hypnobirthing this time around, partly because of restless legs at night. Every time I lie down, all I can think about is moving my legs :haha:

Ricschick - My waters went while I was napping last time, but it was also a couple of hours after my last sweep. The MW said that I was already 3cm dilated, so I don't know whether it was the sweep or whether it would have happened anyways. Wish we could predict these things :D

Broken - We're not ready either. The crib and travel system are still in boxes, despite me nagging DH to set them up.

Chel - I'm with you on the weight gain. I was so pleased that I hadn't put on too much over the course of this pregnancy. Got on the scale this morning - up 4 kgs in 2 weeks!!
I hope you enjoyed your day off. I managed to motivate myself to do a grand total of one load of laundry today, and that was it. :haha:

Reiko - How frustrating! I do hope things move soon for you.
I don't know how long DH can take off. I get the impression that May is an incredibly busy month, and they won't appreciate him taking too much time off.

Ready, I'm having bowel issues too. It could be the iron supplement, or the fact that I've eaten WAY TOO MUCH pineapple. I just couldn't stop eating it once I started. It was soooo delicious :D

Rosie, I had a scan at 35 weeks, and LO was measuring bang on the 10th centile. I'm sorry for the added stress, but you sound like you're comfortable with your choices. A little extra monitoring is also not a bad thing! I hope all goes well, and you manage to avoid an induction :hugs:

DH went and slept on the couch part-way through last night. Apparently I was snoring. How embarrassing! :haha:
I don't think that men could do this. We'd either be extinct, or they'd be growing babies in artificial incubators....can't decide which.

ETA: I missed the bit about Emzy. How lovely! :)

Congrats Viera...I can't wait to hear more!!

My brain has gone blank of who wrote what now ooops but I have read everyone's posts.

My OH will just take a week off, unless he fancies booking a week's holiday as well.

I had my midwife appointment yesterday, they've put down that I'd like a waterbirth so fingers crossed that it happens. I still need to wash all the baby clothes this weekend eeek!

Taking my pup to a dog show tomorrow, his first Championship show, so I am hoping I can still run a bit to get him around the ring lol!

I did only one thing on my to-do list today: email McDonald's about forgetting my hashbrowns in my Big Breakfast meal, rofl!!

Ladies, I am such a wimp and have a low pain threshold. I had the worst contraction of this pregnancy earlier! Could barely move and couldn't walk. Sitting on toilet was super painful. It passed quickly, but holy crum....I'm rethinking early labor, lol! I took a pill and it's fine now, but maybe my little dude can wait until 39 and we can leisurely drive ourselves to induction (epidural)!

Yazzy you should definitely win the prize for running your dog around the show 9 months pregnant lol! Good for you!!

Viera how’s things going?

Chel labour certainly does get a bit sore but it’s worth it!! 👍🏻

Yazzy hopefully you will get your water birth!! I’d love a water birth but because I need antibiotics for GBS I can’t. And you deserve the medal 🥇 for running round a dog course!! I barely have the energy to get off the couch! Lol.

So I’ve had a few days of waking up and feeling pukey and just yucky. I’m hoping it’s my body getting ready for the big show and praying it’s not MS coming back. This am I worked really hard at not throwing up.
I go for reflexology today and am hoping it plus the acupuncture might move things along. A weekend birth would be so much more convenient for everyone else involved lol.
Hoping to hear some more baby news from you all over the next few days!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->