May Marvels 2018

I can't believe it is May in a few days! It is going to fly in a flurry of news!

DH got his leave sorted :happydance:

He's off from the 5th of May til either the 7th or the 10th of June. He just has to go in for 1 8 hour shift on the 20th of May.

His boss is not happy he's off for so long, but he's saved up as much annual leave as he could for this. Like he said to her, he's only having a baby once. I'm just relieved I'll get to rest after bubba is born and not have to push myself into the school runs again before I'm healed and ready. And honestly feeling really lucky he can take so much time off. Especially after talking to you ladies who only get a few weeks off yourselves, and your partners get even less.

BRoken that is awesome!! That really is such a good amount of time.

I feel like though you will be ready to do the school run in not too much time at all. Second babies just kind of join the flow of the family and don’t disrupt things as much as first ones haha ;). And with my spd experiences my pubic bone and hips were literally in zero pain the day after delivery!

Over here, I have decided to be pregnant forever because this baby is not coming out, just FYI XD

As far as my husband is concerned, he will just be taking 2 days off and Then I’m sure I’ll have to deal with my mom or MIL hanging around trying to help. None of them understand what I want my first few days postpartum to look like, not even DH so I’ll just throw all those wishes out the window I guess!

Great news broken!! My dh will be taking a few days off then going in late and finishing early for a few days, otherwise he will lose so much money plus my dad will be here doing the school run for me too.

Broken that is great news, what a relief!

Reiko here’s to hoping that baby comes soon!

Ricschick that’s great that your dad will be back to help. I can’t imagine having six kids to take care of.

Dh will take a few days to a week off by which time I should be somewhat healed. After dd I was a few days and feeling not too bad. Unfortunately my stepdad will be in the hospital having a stem cell transplant so he and my mom won’t be around much the first few weeks. I’ll just have to cope and dh will have to step up.
I just got back from reflexology and am feeling crampy. I’m going to work on some pressure points and see what happens.

Reiko I suspect you're right. I'll want to be up and about much sooner than I expect I will. But the reassurance if I need a bit more time I have it is lovely.
Also it's DHs first and only baby. I'm so pleased for him that he gets so much time to bond and enjoy. Especially cos he works such long shifts he's gunna miss a lot of day to day stuff.

You're under 10 days now! That's amazing. You'll have a baby soon. But I know what you mean, is this baby later than your other 2?

Can you tell your mum or mil what you want? Will they respect it? Don't feel like you have to cater to other people. You birthed a baby. What you want is all that matters.

Ricschick it's lovely your dad is coming back to meet your little one. I'm glad you'll have his help.

I've found it really lonely this whole pregnancy with zero family support. I know it's only going to get worse after baby comes and people with flock for a week or so then vanish again, or don't flock at all and continue to not care.

Reiko and Rics...we did it, Bodhi (the pup) got first place and best puppy in breed so it was worth it...no shows now until after the baby is here and I can run again 😂😂 oh and he qualified for Crufts next year.
Baby probably feels like she has been doing gymnastics in there lol!

Getting closer to 37 weeks, think I need to get back to raspberry leaf capsules and then try some gentle things to get this baby ready to be born!

Congrats to Bodhi!!! What a good pup :)

Broken I just really want some down time to bond with the baby this time around. With my 2nd it was right before Christmas and we were up and doing stuff immediately. I felt physically fine with that and I know there’s kind of a badge of honour for bouncing back from birth so quick a la the duchess lol, but my milk took like 5 days to come in and I think it was just not enough rest and snuggling with my baby. I don’t want the grammas coming around to hold the baby, I want them to help me around the house and with the kids while I stay in bed with my baby for 3 days to help my milk come in properly lol XD

But when it’s your third people just assume you can multi task and can handle everything while they admire the cute newborn. Happened with my 2nd too. My first I had my laundry done and house cleaned and lots of meals cooked and space.

I’m 5 days past now when my 2nd was born so I definitely thought I’d have a baby now or at least be feeling close to labour. I really don’t. I feel like she’ll be in there for another week at least!

Yazzy that's great! Well done Bodhi! And well done you for running around with him as well. What kind of pup is he?

Reiko I had that happen with DS. I mean, I was living with my mum and enjoying all the perks of not having to run my own house. But all anyone wanted to do was come stare at DS, give him all his feeds, snuggle him while he slept and only give him back when he needed changing or was crying. Then snatch him back once I'd calmed him down. I really struggled to bond with him because of it tbh.

This time I'm determined to keep my house as empty as possible so I can bond with bubba. I don't want PPD again.

Did your midwife say if you were dilated or effaced at your sweep? It's so frustrating just waiting around.

I'm really hoping midwife is gunna say I'm at least a bit dilated at my sweep next week. I want thing to kick off before I have to be induced. I want my baby now. I'm don't being pregnant.

I was only a 1, she stretched me to a 2, and 50% effaced. But that’s exactly what I was at the sweep the day before my last was born!

Doesn’t mean much. We’ve been Dtd every night to help dilate me more. I’ll have another sweep next week on Tuesday again so maybe that one will help. But it’d be great to have the baby tonight so my husband could be home Sat-Tues (or even Monday would be a solid 3 days!

I am having a lot of downward pressure but I don’t know if that helps with anything at all, does it help effacement or dilation? I do kinda wish I could get checked before Tuesday to see if it’s any different but again it doesn’t mean too much, just curious.

Wondering if I have SPD. Barely made it through work. When the feeling hits, I can only grab something or brace myself...can't walk or move at all.
Will see OB Monday morning...I so wish he'd move induction up to 38--that's next Friday!

Took off Tuesday. Just giving myself occasional bed rest to survive.

Chel, it sounds like slow labour, I used to get a build up of contractions that never quite got more than 30 seconds long or closer than 5 mins apart in the two weeks before DD3.

Broken, glad your DH got leave sorted. It's my fella's first too. He's not worked where he is long enough to qualify for formal paternity leave but they've let him book a couple of weeks the week of and after the due date so that they have to cover him, but if he wants to work from home as baba isn't here, he can earn time for being off later in the year. :)

Welldone to you yazzy and bodhi!! Now you can rest up!! Lol.

Reiko I hope things get going soon for you!!
I no what you mean tho other people’s opinion on “helping” are very different to mine!! Like at the moment help to me would be coming over and doing some housework or picking the children up from school all physical stuff I’m struggling with but nope my mil decides what’s helpful and her idea of helping is cooking dinner which I’m more than capable of doing then because she makes so much mess it means I have to tidy up twice as much!! 🤷🏼*♀️😡 and I hate that you’ve just had a baby, family come round and your up making tea etc while they cuddle baby!!! 🤷🏼*♀️ Annoying!!!

37 weeks today full term yay!!! Come on baby!!!

Happy 37 weeks ricschick!

Anybody else spill food on themselves constantly now? 🙈

Finally finished work yesterday! I will be so happy without the pressure for the next few months! 😁

Yay for 37 Ricschick!!

CHIB!!! You are so right!! I have 2 dresses, the rest of my mat clothes are for cold weather and it’s gotten really hot here. So I only have 2 things I can wear and I spill on them as soon as they’re on. I’ve just been wearing them around stained because I can’t be bothered to wash them every night XD.

39 tomorrow for me!! I so thought I’d have a baby by now. Feeling a little foolish thinking I could control when this pregnancy ended XD

It's definitely longer than seconds or a minute, and when I pull my knees together it's not as painful. It can last for 30 minutes to an hour straight until it ceases. It meets all the SPD criteria, but will talk with doc Monday.

Just got home from a hair appointment; my last pampering of this pregnancy. If I can manage this searing lower abdomen pain then I can be induced in about 1 week, 6 days (if she'd ever call, arg).

Thanks girls!
I’ve had some painful tightening today but they’ve eased off now! Hopefully my body might be getting ready to do something!

Ricschick how far did you go with all your kids? I think you stated at some point but I don’t remember. My MW said 3rd/4th pregnancies are wildcards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->