May Marvels 2018

Chib did you get a sweep? Let us know if anything happens tonight! And Dtd again after the sweep!!

Will certainly dtd again tonight Reiko, hehe. Let's see if we can't get this show on the road. The biggest concern is with him becoming too heavy so the earlier the better at this point.

Oh Viera she’s beautiful!! And what a chubby girl lovely!!! Glad your home now after a rocky start and I hope your heeling well!!

Chi hopefully the sweep will work!! Fx!!!

Come on babies!! We want to meet you!!!

Cheluzal I agree if it continues to be painful go in to be monitored. X

My bh are getting more sore when I have them which isn’t regularly yet but hopefully doing something!! Fx

Congratulations Viera, she is gorgeous! I’m glad the both of you are doing well and back home.

Chib I hope things start to progress and you have some delivery news for us!!

Broken yay for ‘mat leave’ from school runs lol! I hear you on the pressure, sometimes it feels like she may fall out. Fingers crossed your birth day is soon.

Chel let us know how your ob appt goes and hopefully it’s not false labour.

Ric hoping hoping your bh turn to the real deal soon.

Reiko when do you have your next sweep?

Afm I was having contractions last night for almost an hour and then they just stopped. I was so hopeful things were happening but baby is still in there. I’ve had no other signs but my lower back was bothering me most of the night. I’m hoping my cervix is doing it’s thing and worst case I go to my appt wed for a sweep and she’s out by Thursday. May 3 is the date that has been coming to mind for a few months now so time shall tell.

Ready sort of similar to you, I had strong BH from 4-6am today and then they just stopped. (I’m sure your cervix is doing it’s thing)!!
They didn’t hurt at all, but they were consistently every 6-7 mins. So another crappy nights sleep!! Why do our bodies do this!?! Like I need all the sleep I can get right now before I actually go into labour. (Btw - I’ve always gone straight to active labour/transition so I don’t know — does early labour hurt at all or is it just like consistent BH?)?

Anyways I have grocery shopping to do today including Costco, then tomorrow is my Midwife app with another sweep. Hopefully she’ll tell me I’m already like a 4 or something and I’ll have the baby before midnight haha. May 1 would be a nice birthday.

Chel how is the pain coming? Any better or did you go in/call at all?

Chib let us know how your night goes — hopefully that sweep and Dtd gets things going.

Reiko I was in early labour with ds for a few days. I don't remember it being really painful though. Enough to make me pause but not agony or anything. Tbh I kept expecting it to get worse and when I got to the hospital I was already 9cms.

I'm not even having BH or anything. Unless I am and I'm thinking it's just bubba stretching and making my tummy hard. No idea. I can't wait for Friday to find out what's happening.

Buns stretching your tummy might actually be BH broken. That’s what I thought it was for my whole first pregnancy haha.

So TMI.... but major diarrhea this morning and nausea all day yesterday and today. So I’m really hoping tomorrow’s sweep will be right on time with my body’s natural timeline here. I never ever get diarrhea so definitely hormone related!

Reiko with early labour for me it’s not painful but it’s different than BH. BH for me is more tightening at the top of my uterus where the actual contractions are super low and have that ‘wave’ feeling. It builds, peaks and then softens. I also feel it through my lower back. I was up half the night with lower back discomfort but the contractions stopped after an hour or so.
I just went for a walk and I’m crampy again so I hope that I am dilating and if need be on wed when the sweep is done it will be effective.

Broken, I am furious that most dads don't get more time off, like, almost anywhere. It feels like the US tech industry is trying to make its own tiny private Scandinavias, one parental leave at a time (Google gives something like five months; I think FB and GitHub give something like four months, regardless of parent gender?), but like, 1) what about everyone else, 2) WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE. It's been eye-opening realizing that most other countries do WAY better about maternity leave, but almost everywhere sucks for dads. Ugh.

Although it does remind me of this delightful series of photographs of Swedish dads: https://www.johanbavman.se/swedish-dads/

And I'm also getting less and less sure that I can tell the difference between BH and big baby stretches!

hope, I keep hearing about dates lately! They're healthy candy anyway, and if they might help labor, so much the better! :D

chel, so much <3. Hoping that little boy helps you get this show on the road soon!

Chibi, woman after my own heart. We're planning a homebirth but have meant to have a hospital bag packed just in case. Is this done? It is not. Put the carseat in the trunk of the car at 37 weeks (lot of good it'd do back there :laugh2:) and actually installed it days later. The touched-up drawers from the Craigslist baby dresser/changing table are still on the porch, a couple weeks after we got them. (The dresser itself finally moved inside this weekend!)

Off work after today, though, so I have lots of good intentions of...I don't know, sorting any of the hand-me-downs we got? Which are 90% of the baby clothes we have. Kind of assuming we have everything we need for the first few days (we have diapers!) and any semi-urgent needs can be solved with Amazon Prime...

Reiko, here's hoping the diarrhea is a good sign! I've heard that often means labor is imminent; the body likes to clear everything out if it can! Hoping this sweep is just the ticket!

Haha Yes kitten Amazon Prime!! We literally have every store within a 10 min drive but you know if I need something I go straight to Amazon XD

Fx&#8217;d Reiko that the gastro upset is due to imminent labour!

I don&#8217;t know how I would function without Amazon. My last haul was pads, nursing bras, granny pantries, vit d for baby, wireless headset for hypnobirthing and aloe for recovery. I&#8217;m totally subscribing to diapers as well so I don&#8217;t have to go to the store to get them.

Anyone feeling absolutely miserable...with the world? I have no patience for anyone right now and keep snapping at my kids. I need this baby out!!

I sat tonight and paid attention and I'm pretty sure what I've been thinking are baby stretches are actually BH. So I feel silly haha.

Then I had a BH/contraction that made me stop and wait for it to be over. Which is exciting cos maybe stuff is moving! I've told this kid he can arrive any time now. DH has 2 shifts left at work and I'm 1000000% done with being pregnant. GET. OUT.

RnW I'm really snappy and miserable ATM. With everyone. Even DS is saying to me "mummy why are you saying that like you're angry with me" when I sort of tune out his babble and go yeah yeah yeah. I feel dreadful about it.

We mostly finished packing our hospital bag tonight. Just last min stuff to put in, toiletries and such. We put together the baby chair and play mat. I'm going to deep clean my work surfaces tomorrow and set up my steriliser and prep machine.

I wanna be ready for this lad to arrive on Friday. GET. OUTTTTT haha

ITs so hard not to be snappy at this point... my 4 year old keeps telling me I need to calm down...

And my 2 year old has suddenly become fully TWO and NEVER STOPS WHINGING. It drives me mad! Being pregnant on top of that is quite a treat.

Ok I&#8217;m glad I&#8217;m not the only one! I fell awful but can&#8217;t control myself. Dd was home with pink eye today which threw me right off and ds just keeps &#8216;poking the bear&#8217;. I sent a not so nice text to dh about the mess he&#8217;s made in the garage...I need to be alone.
On a side note my mom paid for a cleaner to come and do a spring cleaning in my house and that makes me happy.

Well, I'm a stubborn mule, as is my son.
I didn't go in as things eventually settled down. I slept okay except for peeing too much.

OB says I'm more dehydrated than early labor. Bleh. I was so hopeful and holy cow--those were way more painful and different than anything I've felt. But child is settled in still.

Induction still on for next weekend (if friggin lady would call me-she's pissing me off royally).

Took off tomorrow just to relax. Trying to drink more. I hate water, I hate any form of it with any flavor and any trick you have. It's just boring and gross so this will be quite the challenge.

Cheering you on with the hydration, chel! CHUG CHUG CHUG

Please forgive me if you've heard all this before, and ignore this if you're not in the mood for unsolicited advice, but things that have helped me care about drinking water when I was having a hard time giving a care:
* a lil pinch of salt (not enough to make it taste salty whatsoever, just a little little bit)
* a shake or two of cocktail bitters (any kind; had some ... walnut? ones recently and they made soda water taste like cream soda)
* changing the temperature
* turning all of it into tea (I try to do my water plain, but my acupuncturist months ago was like "green tea is also good!" sooooo)
* easy peasy lemon squeezy (there is plenty of water I hate until I put lemon in it)

Of course, I also live in a city with really nice tap water, and when I travel I become a total whinger about water, so.

Also! I remember our midwives saying something about a good bath being good for dehydration, too. I mean, since we can't have them properly hot or anything..."take a bath and down a bunch of water" is their first-line response to contractions earlier in pregnancy.

So, no labor news yet but have been loosing pieces of plug since yesterday. &#128402; I am going in for another sweep tomorrow morning.

Chib I've got another sweep tomorrow afternoon as well so maybe we'll get these babes out at the same time. GL mama!! That plug is so promising but it let me down haha... everytime I went to the bathroom I was like, YES! Lol. Having the sweeps that close should definitely do something.

How much are you guessing your LO weighs? I'm thinking 7lbs 10 if born in the next day or two!!

Kitten I've been all about the lemon water these past few days too. We have really good tap water though as well... but with the GD, not being able to drink basically anything else other than water, I am so sick of it haha.

Chel just keep hydrated any way you can. Popsicles even! If your blood sugars aren't an issue do fruit juice.

Oooo Chibi that's exciting about the plug. I lost mine right before going into labour with DS. Good luck with your second sweep!

Chel, I don't think you have to be downing glasses of water. Anything to stay hydrated. Tea, fruit juice, decaf coffee. Heck even soda would be better than not at this stage. I've been drinking glasses and glasses of water and dilute juice (which I know you don't have in America and Canada. You should though, it's great)

Reiko this bubba was estimated 7lb 7ozs at 36 weeks. So I'm expecting over 9lbs at this point. Low 9lbs.

I did some stress cleaning in my kitchen last night and my lord I have hurt my belly. It's so sore this morning.

Oh good luck with the sweeps!!! Hopefully they will get things moving!!
I too am rubbish st drinking water I just don’t seem to remember to drink unless I’m really thirsty!!

I really do hate these last few weeks of pregnancy it’s torture!!

I think I was losing some of my plug last night too it was very snotty like but didn’t have blood in it but I googled it and not everyone has blood so I’m taking it as a step in the right direction but not holding my breathe that it will lead to labour anytime soon! I’ve got it in my mind I have Atleast 2 weeks left. &#128553;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->