May Marvels 2018

Welcome, new friends!

So my breasticles are much sorer today...and a very heavy low residual crampiness down below...mostly because I need to poop.
Anyone else not truly nauseous but just lacking a decent appetite? I know I need to eat (and try to keep stuff in every 3-4 hours) but nothing sounds good and bringing anything to my mouth makes me feel uninspired.

I downloaded Ovia app and like it! It has the little hand and feet and I like how cleaner it looks than my other two.

Site with daily updates: https://mom.girlstalkinsmack.com/he...lcome-to-your-first-trimester-(part-14)-.aspx

Sorry to the ladies with bad morning sickness already...boy do I know how much that sucks. This pregnancy has already been so much different for me. It's been fun to compare the two. With my first, I had so many food aversions in the first week, it was hard to find anything I wanted and I was losing weight. With this one, I have new food cravings daily!! Now I'm worried I'm gonna get really fat with this one, lol.

Chel, I have the same thing. I get rare waves of mild nausea when I've gone too long without eating, but otherwise nothing bad on that front. I just don't feel like eating much. I think I have cut back my lunch by at least half in the last few days and dinner has been hard to eat. Last night, I had appetizers for dinner and felt really full. It's so odd. Since I started out overweight, I am not too worried about it, but I hope my appetite won't "make up for it" later and I gain too much weight. My doc said she wants me to gain 15 lbs at the most in the entire 9 months, so we shall see. Right now, I'm grateful my appetite isn't off the charts huge.

Welcome to Rosie and Sammy! So glad this group is getting larger and is very active.

I totally hear you, Rosie, on trying to catch up with the thread from the beginning. It was much shorter when I joined, as it was only like 24 hours old, and it was already a bunch of pages!

Sammy, you and I will have close due dates, as I'm the 25th by LMP, but 27th by likely O date (I did an HCG trigger on 8/31, so probably O'd 9/2 or 9/3. For now, I'm going with the 25th as due date until I can get a more exact gestational age with U/S. Obviously, that will be awhile yet.

AFM, I am having trouble with keeping my glucose levels in the rage the American Diabetes Association recommends for pregnancy. I am going to watch the next few days and if they stay the same or keep going up, I'll have to get the Dr. to adjust my meds or put me on insulin instead of pills. Blech. I knew that's what would happen, but didn't expect it so soon. :nope: Anyone else with DM experience or GDM in the past who has any advice? My numbers aren't sky-high, but they are high for me and definitely higher than the recommendations. :?

Chel, I have the same thing. I get rare waves of mild nausea when I've gone too long without eating, but otherwise nothing bad on that front. I just don't feel like eating much. I think I have cut back my lunch by at least half in the last few days and dinner has been hard to eat. Last night, I had appetizers for dinner and felt really full. It's so odd. Since I started out overweight, I am not too worried about it, but I hope my appetite won't "make up for it" later and I gain too much weight. My doc said she wants me to gain 15 lbs at the most in the entire 9 months, so we shall see. Right now, I'm grateful my appetite isn't off the charts huge.

I'm 5'8" and weighed about 120 for the last 15-20 years! Then I get married, get happy, turn 40 and have gained 10 pounds in less than a year, ha!
I know 136 is still "normal" for my height but it's ALL in my belly. Seriously, I have skinny legs and humble boobs but a freaking pooch and had students and even several other teachers ask if I'm pregnant for the past year! WHAA!

My mom barely gained weight with me and I hope it's hereditary.
I'm forcing cheese and breakfast bars down me but I, too, am barely eating full meals...trying to graze all day.

testing pic uploads that I just saw how to do, rofl

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpg
    IMG_1732.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 11
Hey newbies!

So many BFP for May! I've always wanted a may baby aswell so it's almost like fate lol.

Chelzual : I thought I was the only one who called them breasticles aha.

I can feel morning sickness comming I keep getting really small waves. It didn't hit me last time untill week 6 disappeared at week 7 and came back a few days later and then I had it none stop untill a few days after the loss.

I hope this time it just misses me but I doubt I would be that lucky lol

EDIT: I just had a nap and I never sleep during the day... growing this tiny humans is exhausting:haha:

We are a chatty bunch! I love it.

I haven't got ms as such. I just get random waves of nausea at random times. I'm finding I'm not as hungry either.

Boobs are sore still and still got horrible taste in my mouth. Just a few more days til my scan and I can find out what's going on.

I have had slight MS the past 2 days. I wasn't sure if it was something I ate yesterday but today it was the same feeling. I hope it doesn't last.
I also have some boob tenderness but that may be from me mashing them this past week haha.

I also started back up with my mild nausea waves today. Had a function where we walked around town and from about halfway I was desperate to pee! Came out for supper with hubby now (ds has 'date night' at school ) and we got to the restaurant and I stared at the menu and totally didn't feel like anything. Ate fairly well in the end but staring at a menu with zero appetite while waves of nausea wash over you is rather interesting :haha:
[Date night at school = all the kids go watch a movie at school, get a hotdog, crisps and juice and the parents can go out on a date. My son LOVES it and gets so excited when it happens (only once per term) ]

Am also seriously gassy today and was getting very crampy while we were eating. It's pure gas build up, I swear my stomach blew up to three times it's size!

My boobs themselves are not too sore but the nipples sure are, so if I press the boobs it hurts quite a bit, but more the nipple than the breast itself.

Tiredness is also slowly making a return, though I did sleep solidly from 9-5 the last 2 nights which was great.

Huggles I love the date night idea from school. We don't have anything like that here. I think it's so so so cute.

Hi newbies!!!

Great lines cheluzal!!
Sorry for those suffering ms it's no fun! I have the odd wave of it but nothing bad yet!
The bloat is so real today!! Err my leggings are starting to get uncomfortable! Trying to drag out the time in between getting out the maternity leggings!!

I've been lying in bed all day! Still in pj's and have taken 2 naps!
Mild nausea just...sitting there, ugh--but I think most of it is not eating enough (nothing sounds good and nary an appetite).

EXERCISE: what are y'all doing? I had the hubs do pre-natal yoga with me last night, lol.
And walk on treadmill. I've never truly exercised in life so this is an overhaul for me.
Once I feel much better, my delivery hospital has free classes.

Pj day sounds great!!
Exercise wise I'm just trying to walk more!

School date night sounds awesome! They should do that in the UK but i doubt thwy woukd lol

Anyone else not truly nauseous but just lacking a decent appetite?

chel this is EXTREMELY me. But I'm hungry as all get out. I just hate pretty much all food; it tastes slightly wrong. And then I get hungrier. But I still hate food. Rinse, repeat. It is a bad scene and I am gonna need to figure out how to get around this. I got some little protein packets and mixed that up with a little flax milk. And a single snack we have in our house was delicious. Anything I can consume while not paying attention seems to work better.

Freaking out a little bit since I go to Germany for a week tomorrow (for work, and no one else on our team has a uterus, and I'm not particularly sure I want to tell any of them this early). Hoping maybe some unfamiliar food will work better?

As for exercise, I've been powerlifting since the beginning of last year, and I loooove it. Mostly women at my gym (my husband is usually the only man in our class), very supportive, very positive. But this whole not-eating thing is not really compatible with running around or picking up heavy things and it's driving me mad. I need it for my brain!

I also have a strong suspicion that all this yellow-wee talk is going to be all I can think of when I read "Team Yellow" from here on out. Whoops.

And hello to the new folks! I love all these May due dates. My husband and I are both May babies and it seems a little funny that this is when it all worked out for us.

Anyone else not truly nauseous but just lacking a decent appetite?

chel this is EXTREMELY me. But I'm hungry as all get out. I just hate pretty much all food; it tastes slightly wrong. And then I get hungrier. But I still hate food. Rinse, repeat. It is a bad scene and I am gonna need to figure out how to get around this. I got some little protein packets and mixed that up with a little flax milk. And a single snack we have in our house was delicious. Anything I can consume while not paying attention seems to work better.

Freaking out a little bit since I go to Germany for a week tomorrow (for work, and no one else on our team has a uterus, and I'm not particularly sure I want to tell any of them this early). Hoping maybe some unfamiliar food will work better?

As for exercise, I've been powerlifting since the beginning of last year, and I loooove it. Mostly women at my gym (my husband is usually the only man in our class), very supportive, very positive. But this whole not-eating thing is not really compatible with running around or picking up heavy things and it's driving me mad. I need it for my brain!

I also have a strong suspicion that all this yellow-wee talk is going to be all I can think of when I read "Team Yellow" from here on out. Whoops.

Hoo dang...best of luck!
I felt better after forcing some spaghetti down me tonight. I think with my naps I had too much time without food in me, but nothing sounds appealing, except maybe my tangerines. I can eat 100 a day and just might have to!

I worry about work. I'm a teacher and can't just pee whenever or hide nausea without people noticing....SO not ready to tell those busybodies. Ugh, lol.

That's so funny about the tangerines! Is citrus a thing? My sister was like, "all I want is citrus and saltines" (she's got teeeerrible morning sickness and a 23-month old), and I finally decided to try that tonight.

GENIUS. I ate three different foods!! I ate orange slices! I ate Saltines! And I had that Amy's no-chicken noodle soup! And it was all good?! I am a new woman, one who is not hungry for once.

Also flipped out about Germany, called my NP, and had her call in an anti-nausea medication for me. I am STUNNED at how expensive Diclegis is, even with insurance, but I am happy to put it together myself from now on (if it helps). Unisom and B6 is not fancy! Why is it suddenly fancy when it's for miserable pregnant folks?

cheluzal, wishing you lots of luck avoiding the Busybody Patrol. At least it's only a couple months more of first trimester? eep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->