May Marvels 2018

Wow, lots to catch up on overnight!
I too am not in the FB group. I nearly joined but then realised my mom uses my FB account for one of her games so didn't want her to accidentally see pg posts. So I'm only on here.

Cheluzal - sorry you had another flare up of the stones. Kind of good you've been off work during all this and handy having a cover story for your ob appointment. I really hope the stones pass quickly though so you're not in any more pain.

RnW - you did make me laugh with your boob description! Mine feel fuller (very small to start with), but look the same as normal.

I'm also super grateful to all who mentioned ovia - I've downloaded it and love it.

AFM - we dtd this morning for the first time since I found out I'm pg. Just a bit nervous now but hopefully nothing will happen.
6 weeks today! :dance:
16 days to first scan.
Boobs are sensitive. I get minor bouts of nausea every now and again. Lower abdomen feels huge. I'm a little worried it might be twins, partly because lower abdomen seems to be growing really fast and partly because I have no clue as to gender. With both my boys I had no doubt they were boys, even this early. With my mega early loss in may I was very sure it was a girl. This one j really don't now so I'm worried it might be boy/girl twins! It's probably not but the thought does make me nervous. I have an IC so twins would make it a very high risk pg. And I'm not sure we can afford two more kids, think we'll have enough trouble affording one. Should find out in just over 2 weeks.
As for water, I actually like drinking water so drink it often. I find I'm drinking a lot more now I'm pg. I'm just so much thirstier!

Hi ladies!

Emzy - glad the bleeding has stopped that is surely a good sign. I hope that doctor is wrong!

Cheluzal - sorry to hear about the kidney stones they sound very painful!

Huggles - very jealous you have a scan so soon! Would love to know if everything was alright in there!

We are off on a 5 day trip today up to Scotland to visit my husband's grandparents so we are planning on telling them when we are there as we only get to see them once a year in person. This is also the first time we have been up there since having DS so really excited. Might not be able to check in here as they are in the middle of nowhere so may not have signal!

Boobs have been very itchy and tender and exhaustion has certainly taken over. They are my only symptoms at the moment.

Oh and also ... I finally got my 3+ today!!
Seems very late so if any other ladies are waiting for it don't worry mine hasn't happened until 6weeks and 4 days!

Attachments

• 20170918_064016.jpg
    20170918_064016.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1
Ooh enjoy your trip to Scotland Gray! And so exciting the 3+!

Hey girls I'm still here too!!

Cheluzal hopefully that's the last flare up you will have but silver lining you have a good excuse for your appointment!

Sasha why don't you go canaries or Dubai ? They will be warm.

Gray congrats on the 3+

Yay for 6weeks huggles!!!

Has anyone else have a really itchy nose? My nose gets so itchy it's annoying! Boobs are tender and veiny and look 4 months pregnant! I hope this week goes quickly so we are all nearer to our scans!!

One bit of advice I would give is look after ya boobs lol. Wear a comfortable supportive bra (maternity bra) in the day and a sports type bra at night! It really helps to keep them where there meant to be! I've done this with all 5 of my pregnancies and there not too bad. Lol.

Ricschick - my nose has been going crazy at night. I'm on chronic antihistamines already (1 pill each morning), but by the evening I'm ready to go insane. It IS the beginning of spring here though so that could be playing a role...

I got a 3+ today!! Hoping so hard that all is ok. That's a good sign though right, gone from 2-3 to 3+... hoping little bean is ok in there :baby:

Attachments

• 21764734_10159437417630473_4177408615812550478_n.jpg
    21764734_10159437417630473_4177408615812550478_n.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
I do think it's a good sign Emzy. Fingers crossed!!!

Has anyone else started making lists of baby, what you need and what you are gunna buy. All I get from DH is "when we get positive scans we can look at it" I want to look now. I want to celebrate now. I want to enjoy now. And also be prepared!

Ricschick - been to 'll the canaries (off to Lanzarote on friday) I'm looking at Dubai, Thiland and Egypt now. My partner will moan if it's not scorching hot aswell. He burns so quickly, so I have no idea why he always insists on being in the sun :haha:

free ebay image hosting

Still not as dark as if expect considering I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow but alot better than turbines I was getting at 4 weeks. I hope bean is ok.

I'm also loving Ovia!

That's awesome emzy!

Nice dark line Sasha. Fx'd it keeps getting darker.

Broken - I haven't actually made lists yet, but did walk through a baby store and another store checking out baby stuff with DH last week, and I keep paging through baby magazines seeing what's available.

Am I the only one or someone else feeling this way?

I'm constantly hungry but nothing seems appetising enough. When I finally do eat something I'm super nauseous and just want to get it all out again.

I get hungry, decide on something, then halfway through making/preparing it I lose my appetite. Most frustrating.

Huggles this is me!! So annoying!

Sasha that's a great line!!!

Have fun in Scotland Gray! And yay for 3+.

Broken- when I was pg with dd I started a registry at Toys R Us (NA toy store/baby store) when I was 6 wks. I would add, change or delete things as I went along. It satisfied my urge to shop before I was ready to start.

Huggles--twins scare the shit out of me! Because I am of 'advanced maternal age' (F U Drs and your stupid terminology) it could be possible plus my hcg seems high for where I'm at. I also have twins in my family. But like you said to be able to afford them, how would that work? I think we are having a girl. I have also bee right with all 3 of my babies so time will only tell. I'll have the panorama test so will know before 1st tri is over.

I had an absolute shit sleep last night (DH snores like it's his job and dd comes in to our bed EVERY freakin night) and just want to crawl in to a ball and sleep. I'm having so gross digestive upset too that is making me miserable. I'm hungry so I eat but then I feel yucky and have gas that hurts. Constipation has changed to diarrhea which is doing me in. Again, I'm sure you were all wondering how my poops are going bahahahaha!!

Haha RnW, I also alternate between constipation and diarrhea. At least I feel cleared out after the latter :haha:

I'm also getting on in years (turn 37 end Nov) and a colleague of mine keeps talking about how when his wife fell pg with their third child a few years ago at 38 years old (by accident), friends of theirs told them that over 35 years women have an increased chance of double ovulation, increasing your chances of twins. Now I can't get that ruddy story out my head and it's freaking me out!! (He doesn't know yet that I'm pg).

ReadynWaiting I've got a wish list on mothercare and I'm bookmarking stuff left and right. Had an in depth discussion with hubs today about bottles lol!

I also have a fear of twins. It's very irrational since there are zero twins in my family and I'm only 26 so not 'advanced age' (that's garbage btw. I hate doc terminology) but my friend got pregnant last yr by mistake and she had twin girls! i was stunned. But can't get the fear out of my head lol.

Morning/Afternoon! Glad to see so many posts!

strezy: I read many women say they are worse than labor! You're right--there was NO reprieve from pain. It was like a dagger in my back and someone slowly twisting it non-stop and no amount of movement or screaming would abate it. If it happens to anyone, call an ambulance! The waiting room wait was brutal!

Wicky: I want to try the flavor. I have to check ingredients. Some say no sugar but add sucralose or aspartame or some other bad junk I try not to ingest....I'm getting desperate. Water so much is killing me. Last night's grape juice was pure heaven!

emzy: great news on latest test! We're all hoping for the best!

Broken: I have pretty much everything essential (not diapers, wipes, etc.) in my amazon cart, including race car nursery decorations (I'm going on faith it's a boy)! LOL

Sushai: that is so me re: hunger! I'll feel starved, like a hole in my stomach but the thought of anything in my mouth is bleh. The few things I am eating (salad, steak, tangerines, yogurt) make me a bit nauseous afterwards. It is thoroughly frustrating--and I detest nausea! I had it chronically growing up with IBS and slowly manage it with diet and probiotics, but the feeling is horrible. I really want to take a small leave from work for a month, ha.

Ready: are you 40? I'm 40. In America, we're called "geriatric mother." :cry: Uh...what? But with my scan at the ER I know I don't have twins...he only mentioned a sac. But a dude who is an ER doc might not care so much about the maternity part, although he did give me my hcg (~6000) and did the RH and blood type test. Will ask OB tomorrow about repeat and check numbers.

I slept in today and forced down yogurt and a breakfast bar; mainly because I have to take antibiotics 4 friggin times a day for this UTI. Bladder does feel better though and Keflex doesn't upset me like others do.

Have to pack up house since we have a couple weeks to be in new place! GAH! No time....I'm not even sorry missing work today. Kids lose instruction and I hate that but my health must be a priority. First day from hurricane and they will be hopped up and story-telling anyway.
Tomorrow we're reading silently, since I need to take it easy and have to leave in afternoon for OB appointment.

I'm telling all the kids about my kidney stones since I will be going to the bathroom more than just at lunch and after work now and don't need pregnancy rumors starting so soon.

Huggles I did def feel relieved but after the 5th toilet visit things were starting to feel raw lol. Now my guts are gurgling every time I eat.
Broken-shopping is my happy place. I might start a registry again even though I need nothing.
Cheluzal I'm in Canada and will be 40 in February. I've had both terms thrown at me and all I want to do is throw a pot at them!! Haha. I was also told by 2 Drs after my 2nd mmc that 'it probably was happening because my eggs are old'. They were lucky I was caught off guard or I might have laid in to them. I live a pretty healthy lifestyle anf have done everything (natural) under the sun to improve these wrinkled up eggs of mine.

When I went for my scan there was only 1sac but she said you still can't tell from that if your having twins as the sac can divide! 😱
My dh keeps winding me up by saying it's twins! I think not but you never no!!
Feeling tired today x

Hey lovelies! I got my 3+ on a test yesterday and hit 6 weeks today.

I feel much more bleurgh today; work was a nightmare!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->