May Marvels 2018

The last 2 days have been much better! I resumed Phenergan last night and woke to hunger, not nausea. Actually made it to 4am instead of 2am.

Saw OB today and all was well. I have a sonogram on November 10th--so far away!!! I want to see/hear baby again to know all is well. She said my nausea was a good sign.

The office takes 5-7 days to fill out the FMLA leave paperwork and HR at job can take a week. By the time it processes, I like to think I'll be back at work! I have a sub until next Friday so really hoping I can return on Monday the 23rd!

I'm 9 weeks tomorrow. I'm going to fix my ticker...they left it at my original date and I want it moving along, lol.

The gender predictor says girl (which I thought from the beginning) and is right for both my ds and dd. I should know in a couple weeks after I have the Panorama test done...so close!!
Cheluzal glad you are feeling somewhat better!
We have told some more family more so because people are asking. It was Thanksgiving here in Canada this last weekend and because I had no wine my nieces, dad and stepmom all asked if I was pregnant (separately) lol. You would think I was some kind of lush or something!
I hear ya ladies on the scent overload! Everything is punching me in the nose and causing me to gag. As I left work today I had a huge gagging fit as I was getting in to my car. Once I calmed down I noticed a woman in an office gawking at me through the window haha. She was probably wondering what the hell I was doing. So embarrassing.

Chinese gender prediction was right with my son and this time it says girl, which matches my feeling, but we'll see. I have my next ultrasound on the 20th at 11w3d so much too early for any definite gender guesses.

Anyone feel like they are so far out from taking care of a baby that it’s like being pg with your first?
Yes but only because it IS my first :laugh2: I cannot even comprehend the idea of living with an actual baby, to be honest. I have been trying, for years, and now it appears to be only months away?!

I see some of you are 10 weeks today!! Happy double digits!!!

Ahh the terrible 2's been there done that several times lol but the best thing is to ignore the bad and praise the good and also I find changing the subject really does the trick sometimes! And I explain everything! Like what's happening next or why they can't have something etc.

Pregnancy pillows are fantastic I definitely recommend these!! When your bigger and laying in bed it helps line up all of your body so you sleep with it between your knees and it lines up your body and helps you sleep better, I've just bought a new one mine is just like a longer version of a pillow but full body size.

I am so tired today had a rubbish nights sleep again last night as our son was up with a very high temperature so took him docs today to find he has tonsillitis and while I was there I got some more 5mg folic acid which then prompted the doctor to give me the flu jab lol he just happened to have one on his desk lol. So atleast that's one thing out if the way.

I can't help but develop a lot of new ideas about How Things Work in the UK. "Just happened to have one on his desk" is amazing

And woooo 10 weeks! So many things to plan. Eep.

Is anyone planning to stay team yellow?

That's our intention! We can't really be bothered either way. Although of COURSE I had to look up the Chinese gender chart, which says boy for us. Of course, it also says I would have been a boy, and my brother would have been a girl, if my math is right.

We have, like, zero boy names whatsoever. Told my husband I figure this means we are either definitely having, or definitely NOT having, a boy.

Happy 10 weeks kitten!!

Chinese chart was wrong for our last baby it says boy we had a girl.

It's my daughters 13th birthday tomorrow can't believe I'm going to have a teenager!!!

9 weeks for me today!

Also my big yellow pregnancy bible isn't yellow anymore!! I did get my bounty pack with all my freebie vouchers yesterday though. Exciting!

Also gently teased DH about not finding out the sex, he told me he will pay the £60 to go private and I have no choice :haha:

Ha yes I also told DH that we shouldn't find out this time and he said he would also be paying for a private scan!!

I didn't get a bounty pack as she had ran out boo!!! Got to wait until my next midwife appointment at 15 weeks.

I have signed up to emmas diary though and you get free packs with that one with all sample products in so might go and collect the first one soon.

It says boy for me :cry: I really really wanna girl I'll be so upset lol

Deffiently not staying team yellow my angel baby was due December 22nd so I'm planning to go for an eairly scan on that day as a little tribute. I'll be 18w4d so it's abit later than I originally wanted to go but I think finding out on that day will be amazing!

Chezual - yes we split up at around 5 weeks. It was me who ended the relationship he just isnt the guy I want to be with anymore. I've been asking him to change for a while and he refuses so...

He said he will be there for the baby but I can imagine as soon as he gets in a new relationship he won't bother anymore so we will just have to see what happens.

I'm not fussed either way 2bh I'm happy to walk this path alone.

Just had my 12 weeks scan date through the post. 31st October so I should be about 12+5.
Not before we go on holiday so I am going to have to keep it quiet from the whole family still at the wedding 😔.

Oh well only 2 weeks and 4 days to wait!!!

After ringing multiple times throughout the week I finally got a dating scan date for next Wenesday! I'm pretty much guessing my dates so far, should be 9w1d on that day but I'm so excited to finally be able to check in on buba! Only 5 more days to wait!

It says boy for me :cry: I really really wanna girl I'll be so upset lol

Chezual - yes we split up at around 5 weeks. It was me who ended the relationship he just isnt the guy I want to be with anymore. I've been asking him to change for a while and he refuses so...

He said he will be there for the baby but I can imagine as soon as he gets in a new relationship he won't bother anymore so we will just have to see what happens.

Wow, well good luck to you! That's a big thing and you seem so...calm with it. I hope everything works out well for you. :flower:

AFM, I want the stupid chinese predictor to be wrong, too, because that also says girl and I want a boy, rofl.
Waiting forever to see/hear baby is fine is torture. I will have to break and get a doppler in a week or two...waiting another month to see/hear kiddo will kill me and I want to know all is still wll, especially as my nausea seems to really be subsiding! Didn't rouse at 2-4am for food and actually slept until 7am.

Glad you got your 12 week scan date Gray but sorry it isn't before the wedding. Good luck keeping the secret.

Sasha, yay for a dating scan date!

Totally cheering you on over here. What's that line about how when people show you who they are, believe them? Your wee one already has someone ready to make big changes that are for the best; that's a lucky little one!

Over here, finally called and made my appointment for my first scan! Eeeee. Next Thursday! I haaaaate making phone calls and I sort of feel like pregnancy/parenthood is just going to make me have to push through that feeling. (I called my insurance to ask if non-invasive prenatal testing is covered, and I was on the phone for SEVENTEEN MINUTES to find out "I don't know, couldn't find it, do you have the procedure code.") Oh, US insurance.

Waiting to hear back from the midwives we've decided we'd like to work with.

Over here, finally called and made my appointment for my first scan! Eeeee. Next Thursday! I haaaaate making phone calls and I sort of feel like pregnancy/parenthood is just going to make me have to push through that feeling. (I called my insurance to ask if non-invasive prenatal testing is covered, and I was on the phone for SEVENTEEN MINUTES to find out "I don't know, couldn't find it, do you have the procedure code.") Oh, US insurance.

My OB office had me go in for an insurance in-take appointment: the lady already ran my insurance and wrote out what was covered and not...maybe ask if they do that...?

AFM, my OB would not fill out the leave form for another week or two. She said they would only approve the 2 ER days...um, I already had a sub and was paid via sick days. My job is willing, why can't I? They said only if they deemed me bed rest...um, crippling nausea without standing had me in bed. ARG
I get a sub until next Friday so praying I am well enough to go in on the 23rd!

I suspect this is not the last insurance adventure I'll have! The midwives are out of network, and the birth won't be covered at all (sigh; chose wrong during open enrollment), but we know that because they already ran a verification of benefits. Which was nice! But the labs/ultrasounds will be elsewhere, and probably all in-network, so they're a question mark. Called my NP and I have one of their wonderful medical assistants on the case now, though.

Chel, that's wacky that your OB won't sign off on it! That reminds me of school nurses who'd deem you "not sick enough" if you didn't have the "right" symptoms, no matter how awful you felt.

Totally cheering you on over here. What's that line about how when people show you who they are, believe them? Your wee one already has someone ready to make big changes that are for the best; that's a lucky little one!

I absolutely hate making phone calls, too. I have anxiety and phone calls are one of my big triggers for it. But you're right that pregnancy/parenthood makes you push through. I make and take all sorts of phone calls for my kids - schools, doctors, dentists, Girl Scouts, etc. etc. And now that my big kids are in school, we do parent/teacher conferences and other meetings. It's been rough with my anxiety, but I can push through anything for them. :thumbup:

AFM - This week has been a really bad food aversion week. I'm not so much nauseous as it's that nothing sounds good or tastes good. And forcing myself to eat doesn't usually go over very well. And then I'm having issues with my blood sugar being low on top of that. Joy. :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll start getting better over the next couple weeks.

My other biggest complaint at the moment is my boobs! :haha: I'm breastfeeding DS2 still and it feels like torture right now. He's not ready to be weaned yet (he's a little boobie monster) but some days, I really wish he would be.

Sasha welldone you for doing what's right for you and not sticking with it just for the baby! As it's never good for the baby to be in the centre of a bad relationship xx

Cheluzal glad your feeling better!! Hopefully it will last!!

Yay for up coming scans!!!
I also hate making phone calls it feels me with anxiety too and I never answer phone calls where I don't no the number!

I'm so glad we don't have that issue over here with having to sort insurance etc.

Chel, that's wacky that your OB won't sign off on it! That reminds me of school nurses who'd deem you "not sick enough" if you didn't have the "right" symptoms, no matter how awful you felt.

I'm not happy. You have to see all OB's in the practice since you don't know who will be on call during birth, and it was my first time seeing this one.

If I need to leave work early at the end, I'm asking a nicer one, ha.

I'm not happy. You have to see all OB's in the practice since you don't know who will be on call during birth, and it was my first time seeing this one.

If I need to leave work early at the end, I'm asking a nicer one, ha.

Maybe just chalk this up to research? (That would drive me up the wall. I also get really wound up about professionals not trusting women, especially around pregnancy/birth.) Now you know who not to ask for things that are 'by discretion'! I hope you get to know the rest of them and find them easier to work with!

Hey All!

Insurance stuff sounds like a headache :( Sorry guys!

Sasha, you’ll be fine. I did my last pregnancy solo. Well, tbh the first was up and down and the second hit and miss so actually I’m gonna struggle having a man around!!!

We went for our private reassurance scan today! It was soooo good; will add a pic when I work out how to... I am so excited now. It only put me back a day too!!

Edit: switched to desktop view!

Attachments

• 46541B89-6D75-45FC-9E82-691E63999FB9.jpg
    46541B89-6D75-45FC-9E82-691E63999FB9.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member