May Munchkins 2019

Can't believe there is already a September 2019 group! Just makes it all that real knowing how far we've come <3

Hi ladies
Sorry I havnt posted for a while been super busy and super ill.

Currently 18+2 still feeling rubbish a lot of the time and we found out two weeeks ago that baby is a girl
Hope everyone is well and had a nice Xmas.

Now to crack on with the baby shopping...has anyone started buying?

@aimee_1691 Congrats on the girl! Yes I have started buying some stuff. Bassinet, Bathtub, one box of diapers, and wipes. Some nipple stuff for breastfeeding and bottles that I can pump into directly. That is it so far :)

Aimee congratulations on being team pink!

Im quite nervous about buying stuff for baby. But there was an excellent deal on some bottles so I brought them and hid them away. We have most stuff from having had DS but I know I definitely needed new bottles. My mum and Dad brought bump a bear for Christmas, which promptly went in the wardrobe. I was like this when I had DS. He was a March baby and we brought his travel system in the January sales which I took and stored at my parents until the March. I have told DH though at some point we will need to go through DS' old baby stuff to make sure its all ok and to know what might need replacing. And I'm excited about washing DS' old baby clothes!

I hope everyone has had a lovely holiday season and a Happy New Year! DH and I went to my parents in California for the holiday and travel actually ended up not being nearly as terrible as I had feared.

I was so excited to get back after the holiday, because I told myself I could officially start "nesting" and getting baby's room ready, but I seem to have dived straight back into 'overwhelmed by how many choices there are' and all of the differing advice as to what is a "must have." I know the only real must haves on day one are a car seat, stroller, a place for baby to sleep, diapers, and clothes, but why are there so many choices! How do you know how much of any one thing (sheets, towels, bottles) you need?

After two weeks of baby hanging out down near my pubic line where I was able to feel her relatively frequently, she has moved up further, making it harder for me to feel her as frequently again.

I hope everyone is feeling good! Good thoughts to everyone who has an anatomy scan coming up soon.

Hi ladies :wave: Sorry I've been MIA.... It's getting harder to get on a computer to chat with you all lately - so busy!!!! A late Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you all! Glad to see what you're all up to :flower:

AFM, not much to report. STILL have "morning" sickness - still taking Diclegis for it.... my 20 week scan is set for January 16th. We've decided to stay team yellow (although I'm at peace with it now, I may come to regret it when I'm nesting closer to EDD!) And I've been feeling baby with little pokes just about every day now :cloud9: I can't wait for DD to be able to feel him or her! Whenever I tell her that baby is moving around/poking me, she tries to feel. I can barely feel it myself so I know she won't be able to, but I can't wait for her to feel! <3

Hey everyone! I hope that you all enjoyed the holidays!

I have been buying bits here and there. Recently bought a swaddle from Audrey's Bear with my baby girl's name on it! So worth it in my opinion. It turned out wonderful. I have acquired a lot of clothes and I have picked out a bassinet. I will be borrowing a crib from a friend when she is big enough to use it. :)

When it comes to quantity- I always go with how often am I going to be willing to do the laundry? If you're an every day person, you buy less. If you are a the type that only does the laundry when it is no longer an option- like me- you buy more. Babies get messy A LOT. Between the spit up and the diaper blow-outs, my first two kids created a landslide of laundry. I like to have the security of knowing I have an army of baby towels, clothes, and burp cloths to combat the inevitable volcanic destruction.

Everyone is different though. I am a breast-feeder, but my husband likes to feed them with a bottle at least once a day for bonding so we generally only have a couple bottles around because they get washed quick.

Each item you buy should be based off of your lifestyle. What do you really need and think you will use? What would just be nice to have? Newer gadgets on the market? Google is your best friend. A quick search will tell you if it's a great idea, or if it just sat on the shelf or had weird problems. :)

Tigs, I agree with Sweet. It really does depend on how much laundry you do - but also consider blowouts. Like, sheets for example. I'd say you need at least 3. What if you have two blowouts in one night?? It really is possible. 3 was always my magic number. I did the same number for towels. IMO, a stroller is not a necessity - I babywore way more than using a stroller. But again - personal choice. I'd say a ring sling is a necessity - but again - personal choice. You do have arms to hold your babe, but I know having a baby strapped to your chest brings comfort to both mama and baby. As for bottles - are you planning on breastfeeding at all? If so, you may want to hold on bottles. While my daughter was really easy and accepted the bottle I chose for her, my son was really difficult and decided he didn't like the ones his sister took. It took quite a few before I finally thought, "Okay... which bottle looks/feels most like the shape and feel of my own boobs" :haha: and that's what we went for. And bonus - it worked :rofl: So yeah... you may want to hold off on that. If you plan to start bottle feeding from day one, you can probably choose your bottle because baby will just be anxious to eat from wherever and not be terrible picky (I'd assume anyway.... I never formula fed so maybe someone else can chime in here?)

If you want any recommendations, I'm happy to help. I'm one of those crazy moms that looked up reviews on EVERYTHING before purchasing or adding it to my registry :wacko:

I am trying the Minbie bottle this time around. The nipple looks very realistic. Jasmine was breast-fed until she was a bit over 2 years old, but she had just one bottle she would tolerate. Supposedly, the Minbie bottle is great for breast feeders. It certainly looks like a stretched out nipple anyway. :haha: I went through so many brands with Jasmine that I am just trying this one to start and see if it works. Plus, I want to avoid any nipple confusion.

I am nervous about breast feeding another baby though. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited because Jasmine and I developed a really deep bond (my son refused to latch no matter what we tried), but the beginning is rough! I am hoping that since I know what I am doing this time, there will be little error on my part, but I fully expect baby Emma to be a high powered vacuum.

They are just so desperate in the newborn stage and way too intense. :haha: Here's to cracked nipples and a bucket of lanolin.

LMAO Sweet! I hear you with breastfeeding! I breastfed DD till she was 3 years & 2 months old. I breastfed DS until he was 14 months (when he abruptly went on a nursing strike & despite all I tried, self weaned). 4 of those months were tandem. Starting DS off was a DREAM compared to DD. Starting DD was ROUGH. I am determined that this will work again, but I am scared of going through what I went through with DD again. Something to look into - better than Lanolin - APNO. Ask for a prescription. It's made at a compound pharmacy and it's a cure-all nipple ointment (cures everything from cracked nipples to thrush). It's seriously amazing. I used it with both of my babies.

On another note - I must have missed where you chose a name! Yay, I love Emma! It's one of our "maybe" girl names :haha: We are down to Lucas for a boy name or Ava Rose or Emma Rose for a girl name. Not sure of a middle name for Lucas though. And not 100% sure on Ava/Emma, but we will see :) Getting more excited! 19 weeks yesterday & having my anatomy 20 week scan next week! :cloud9:

Thank you! I will have to get some!!! During our breast feeding journey, she bit my right nipple right on the nub. It was a deep cut and it was torture healing it while still feeding from it. Pumping just didn't get enough milk out and she refused a nipple shield. Progress was sloooow. I cried every time she latched to that one for a good week. Possibly longer.

Awwwe! That would be so awesome! We chose Rose as a middle name so her name is Emma Rose. We thought it was such a lovely combination. I also wanted something floral as my first daughter is named Jasmine. :)

We thought about Rosalie for a little bit, as I really like the name, but Emma just felt right.

I am so excited for you! At my anatomy scan, the first thing I asked was if they could double check that she was still a girl!! I had ordered a custom swaddle blanket with her name on it just the day before, so that would have been awkward. Luckily, that space was as flat as can be. :haha: It was also cool because for a while now I could swear that she was hanging out in my lower ribs and diaphragm and it was the first thing the ultrasound technician commented on. :) I have a feeling that she will be tall because she has a long reach.

OMGGGGGGG that makes me cringe just thinking about it! I have SUPER sensitive skin (and therefore, also super sensitive nipples. I can't stand even having them touched! Sorry, TMI :haha: ) I cried through just about every feed for the first month or two with my daughter. It was BAD. I found out later, pretty sure she had an undiagnosed tongue tie and upper lip tie. She had a super shallow latch too. I actually stopped breastfeeding her and started pumping and bottle feeding her because I was in so much pain. But I REALLY wanted to breastfeed. So I decided baby steps - I could handle one feed a day. Once that became okay, I went up to two feeds a day, etc. until we were finally off the bottle. When my son came along, my daughter had reduced her feeds quite a bit, being almost 3, and started only wanting my left side. Therefore, the right side hadn't been used in quite some time. I ended up forgetting about how you have to point your nipple at the roof of a newborn's mouth (because my DD had self-latched for so long at the time) and between that and the fact that the right side hadn't been used in so long, I had a hard time getting my son onto my right side - PAIN! But I'd say 2 weeks in, I was fine again on that side. The left side was a breeze from the beginning for him. And bonus - my daughter could tone down the engorgement so that my son could latch. I am seriously nervous about this time around though!!! But like I said... determined. <3

I can't believe we chose the same middle name!!! That's so cool! :flower: For me, Rose is a play on my maiden name. Jacob's middle name (Henrik) was my maternal grandfather's name. We chose his first name because my husband was supposed to be named Jacob... until, in the hospital, DH's father decided he wanted his son named after him. So we loved the name and it was kind of an indirect way of naming him after DH. For Maddy's first & middle name (Madelyn Grace) we just loved it, no real special meaning to either name. Having such a hard time coming up with a middle name for Lucas though.... I told my husband we should do Paul (his & his dad's middle name) but he said he's never been in love with it, so he's not stuck on it. I'd prefer a one syllable name, because I like the flow better, but who knows what we'll come up with. I do still have a feeling it will be a girl though! We'll see :) As due dates come closer, I know it's just going to get more and more difficult to stay team yellow!

So funny about the scan checking out what you're feeling! Mine is always super low, poking me. Unless it's when I'm first awake, when baby is floating on top of my bladder :haha: Then he or she is up near my belly button!

Speaking of yours probably being tall, Sweet, wondering if anyone else is concerned about size?? My last baby, DS, was just under 9 lbs and born 2.5 weeks early. I'm afraid if I go till my due date this time I may have a 12 pounder! :cry:

Hoping - YES! Total sense! I have a love-hate relationship with starting all over again, but I hope it won't take long to turn into a love-love relationship :haha: Sure beats preparing bottles of formula everytime babe is hungry! :)

@BellaRosa8302 I never made it. I ended up giving up after latching issues and ended up pumping .. I do not want to give up so easy this time. I was young when I had both my kids lol little older now and maybe more patient! MAYBE haha!

I genuinely enjoyed breastfeeding Jasmine once we both got the hang of it. Especially since my son never would. Forever nervous about the beginning though. :haha: Boob injuries all around! I tried pumping with my son and only made it to 3 months. The pump just didn't stimulate me to produce and my supply ran dry. When I breastfed my daughter, I had more milk than she could drink. It would shoot out in the shower. :haha:

I definitely wanted it more with my daughter. I felt like I had failed with my son. We will definitely breast feed again this time because, for me, it was so much better.

Yes! I enjoyed breastfeeding both of my children (once we got past the pain & frustration). I actually was depressed when my son stopped abruptly. I didn't realize that was a thing.... but after some google searches, I realized it was, mostly due to hormones. It was definitely a tough time, and my relationship with my son suffered because of it. I think he was mad about it, which I know, sounds weird, but he suddenly didn't want me and moreso wanted his dad. Our relationship got SO much better after I had the summer off (teacher) and we bonded again. He is such a momma's boy now! And I couldn't be happier about it <3

Thank you for all the advice, ladies! I appreciate it! I had a husband sick with the flu, and ended up staying offline for awhile.

I do plan to at least try to breastfeed, but the current plan is for my husband to stay home for the first year. Bottles will be a must!

Rose was actually our top middle name for several weeks-and may still end up being the final choice. :) Unless we meether and go, nope, not her name, she will be Abigail Robin. Or Rose. But probably Robin. Abbi for short, since that is what we have called her since the moment we chose Abigail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->