May rainbow baby

Thats great kate! and yes HOOK affect not hamburger :haha: How do you dilute? I wonder if my lines would be darker if I diluted. They're already pretty freaking dark though.

OMG Kate those are amazing numbers!!!:happydance: funny that your betas were 15000 and I'd be happy with 1500 LOL

I just add about the same amount of water as I have urine in my sample cup.

I'll have to try that and see what happens. I have to pee right now actually... off I go!

klsltsp, I would have been happy with 1500 too! I honestly can't believe it's that high.

My beta HCG value was 15,049 (!). That seems really high compared to the ranges I've been looking at! Though ome of the ranges I've looked at said the high end is around 7,000 for 5 weeks, so I guess it makes sense that it's doubled again since I'm a couple days past 5 weeks. No wonder I'm already getting the hook effect!

I'm really hoping it's not from twins - I don't think we could handle that! :wacko:

But in general it's awesome news! With my first loss, my HCG was 24 at 5w3d (obviously a sign of miscarriage), so I'm at least really happy that it's high. :happydance:

What is the hook effect ?! Xx

Congrats Kate that's amazing, have they said anything about why you might be bleeding if your numbers are so good?

George, the PA I saw said it's fairly common to have some light bleeding like that and that it could be some blood leftover from the embryo burrowing in. I don't know if I believe that or not, but I do know that bleeding can be fairly common in healthy pregnancies, so I'm going to try to not worry about it if my Friday numbers have increased.

Chrissi the hook effect is when you're hcg levels get so high they don't processs the same into your urine so your line actually gets lighter while your hcg is super high. I've never had this happen to me like Kate does, even when my levels we 20,000+ I still got screaming dark lines, when I diluted my urine with equal parts water (which is how you combat it) I got the same dark line I got without diluting.

Kls it would be interesting to see what a pg test would do for you if you diluted the urine sample with equal amounts of water.... I wonder if that would change your test lines at all. (wasn't it you that wasn't getting very dark lines?)

Kelly, I thought of that, and yes it's me who's not getting crazy dark lines, mine are almost as dark as the control line but not quite. We'll see when I get my results back today, but I think if mine were high like Kates, they would have seen more on the u/s yesterday... the waiting is killing me.. the receptionist said she was "busy" in the morning but to call her after lunch... I'm afraid I'll miss her, so I think I'm going to call right before lunch and tell her I am in a meeting all afternoon :)

Oh yes that makes sense for the scan... you don't see much with number below a certain point. I can't remember which though.

I didn't pee on a stick at all today! The novelty is starting to wear off. haha.

I'm a nit nauseated today... got to go get groceries shortly before picking my son up from school.

klsltsp, I've been looking into this, and what you'll see on US depends on both HCG and gestational age. There's a certain HCG threshold that you need to meet before you'll be able to see certain structures. However, your HCG could be WAY above that threshold and you still wouldn't see more advanced structures. The gestational age really limits how far the structures develop. So even though my HCG is really high, I'd probably still see the same structures on US as someone with a much lower HCG. So your HCG could still be high.

As for lines, I know some people don't really ever get lines as dark as the control.

I can't wait to hear about your results!

So, my more recent CP would have had me due at the start of April 2015. Now I'm due start of May 2015.

I was just thinking about "April showers bring May flowers." I may have gotten a disappointment for April, but I'm hoping it paved the way for a special rainbow flower in May. :)

Well looks like I am out... just got my numbers.... 111

Will do the bloodwork again tomorrow... to make sure it's coming down..

I really wish I had done the bloodwork before I told my OH... sigh...

Oh no, I'm sorry klsltsp, I know that's not what you wanted to see. :( But I refuse to give up hope until we see your numbers on Friday! I've seen many ranges where 111 could still be a fine number (see here, here, and here for some examples).

kate you're so sweet :)

I'll do the bloodwork tomorrow morning, but probably won't get the results until monday...

I'm just afraid of how they are going to deal with this if my body doesn't do it on it's own... my uterus is not allowed to contract... sigh.. wish that I has asked him when I was there yesterday..

Kls I hope they go up hun but sending you so many hugs.

Klsl :hugs: I am so sorry to hear your news but I'm so glad Kate is here to give you all those positive stories - thank you Kate your so wonderful! - we'll all keep hoping for you until you get a definitive result. I hope that your oh supports you through the outcome whichever way it goes and don't beat yourself up about telling him, you shouldn't have to go through any of this alone :hugs:

Afm I had some bleeding yesterday morning too. I know I've bleed with both my boys but this seemed more like the bleeding I had with my mc so I'm now not hopeful. I know it is still early but I'm guessing that explains that why I don't have any symptoms :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->