• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Hi Ladies:flower:

Just wanted to say I am now part of this club!!!! I had my baby May 7th at 12:07 AM. His name is Dylan and he weighed 7 pounds 5 oz and was 19 inches long!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in LOVE WITH HIM:cloud9: He is so beautiful!!

I haven't written my labor story yet or posted pictures but I plan to soon, I AM JUST SO EXHAUSTED!

I was told not to swim, take baths, or have sex for 6 weeks. I thought that was standard for everyone that had just given birth. Hmmmm...

As far as weight loss goes - I gained 50 lbs. I have lost 29 so far... 21 to go to get where I was - 35 to get to where I want to be!

I thought the same, hmmm who knows!

Sounds about the same as me on the weight gain/loss, although I actually think I'd like to KEEP some of my extra weight...I'm quite tall at 5ft9 and was only 9 1/2st before, so if I can just lose about half a stone and tone up a bit then I'll be happy :)

Congrats Babyhope!

Babyhope - Congrats! We have named our boys the same (except the spelling is different). Can't wait to hear your birth story and see some pictures!

I was told not to swim, take baths, or have sex for 6 weeks. I thought that was standard for everyone that had just given birth. Hmmmm...

That seems really odd, as the first thing i was encouraged to do when they finished stitching me was to take a bath, which i did! All the advice i've recieved is "whenever you are feeling ready/want to" on swimming, excercise (although they said to take it easy until the 6 weeks check up) and sex etc. Personally i think that makes more sense than an arbitrary 6 weeks period, i mean, everyone is different and heals differently, right?

I have a hot lavender bath each night, and its the best thing in the world :)

Babyhope- Congratulations :)

Oh, i can't resist posting this picture of Rohan! He's 4 weeks today, finally past his due date, i'm so proud :cloud9:

https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/emera3537/Rohan/28332_394210691695_591891695_474142.jpg

CUTE!

As far as the six weeks - I was told that because the cervix is still somewhat open that you are very prone to infection before then...

Hi ladies!

Harry arrived by emergency section on 3 May at 00:11, 6 days late but on his original EDD by LMP. I wasn't prepared for how tiring, make that exhausting, the first few days would be BFing. I wasn't even going to BF but Harry found boob as soon as we had skin to skin and latched perfectly right away so it made sense to go with it.

mrsglitz - Congrats on your baby and glad the nursing is working out for you. It is very tiring at first - but I promise, in a few weeks it will be much easier - and soon after that, it will be second nature. Baby will be a pro and it will take no effort on your part at all.

Thanks. We had slipped into a decent routine of sorts the past couple of days but today has been back to him being almost permamently attached and not letting me put him down. It's tough, he won't settle without breast but I am sure eventually he will.

I have been very lucky with this baby. He seems to love his swing, and will take a pacifyer too... which is great. My 1st hated his paci, and only would let ME soothe him!

And today we tried some gas drops, and so far they seem to be really helping him... I was getting worried for a few days - he seemed so uncomfy after eating - was spitting up and looked like his tummy hurt! ... Hoping this is all he needed!

hey ladies!

conrats babyhope!!

ive been told off for doing too much since my c-section by my mum! but she has a point lol yesterday i was crying in pain when out for lunch as i felt a horrid rip/pop on my right side which has been very sore since wednesday anyway. MW visited this morning and said it looks like a hematoma (cant spell ti sorry!) and i need to go to the gp later this afternoon for some anti-biotics, so i am now on strict sofa rest by mark lol

Harrison is doing well, we have a kind of routine going where he will feed around 10/11 pm then he doesnt generally wake up till about 4-5am for a feed but then takes ages to wind him and he gets a restless but we have worked out swaddling helps him at that time of the morning, during the day he hates it unless he is really tired. i think last night was the worst for mark, i ended up sleeping on the sofa due the the pain and not being able to move so night feeds was left to mark (i normally do them as i require far less sleep than mark and he deals with soph in the daytime) harrison woke as usual at 4:30 but then just would not settle apparently till 7am...i heard nothing and i know i woke ujp during those times lol ive told mark to go have a nap but he wont.. why do men like playing the martyr?? lol Harrison is now having about 90ml of milk every 3-4 hours sometimes tho its just 60ml cos he falls asleep mid feed which means he will wake 2 hours later and has 30-60ml...those feeds tend to mess our routine slightly but not so much, im just glad he is happy and feeding well.

emera that pic is lovely! can u believe how quick its all going already? harrison is 10 days old already.. madness!

LM we were struggling too with gas/wind with harrison and we too ended up using drops for it, seems to be working so far! its horrible seeing them so uncomfortable

Went to the BF cafe today at the surestart centre! there is a hv to assist you with any problems, but i didnt have any and mainly just went to try and make some friends!
only moved here in sept and so dont have any friends here! :(
there were a few other mums there, so will keep going and see what happens!

Has anyone heard of odeon newbies? i found out about it today, you can take your little one to the cinema with you, they dont have the sound so loud, and its all other parents so a crying baby wont upset anyone! We are thinking of going tomorrow, although its iron man 2, and im not really in too action! hubbie wants to tho, so will prob have too!

AFC84 - i notice you live in hampshire, i do to! where abouts?

MiniKat - Have fun at the movies. I actually took both my boys to see Iron Man on Saturday. Logan LOVED it and Dillon slept right through the whole thing. Thats the great thing about newborns... they sleep a lot. In a few months a movie probably wouldn't go as smoothly. The noise level didn't seem to bother him at all. Oh - And I actually enjoyed the movie too. Didn't think I would, but it was entertaining.....

Congrats, he's so cute!

Thanks. We had slipped into a decent routine of sorts the past couple of days but today has been back to him being almost permamently attached and not letting me put him down. It's tough, he won't settle without breast but I am sure eventually he will.

Sounds like what's happening with Finley...for the first 5 days he was feeding around every 3hrs, then it was more like every 2hrs, and the last 3 days or so he's wanting feeding about every hour and a half!

It's not like I'm interpreting every cry as a hunger cry but he starts rooting and won't take a dummy, so I'm guessing this is probably just a growth spurt? :shrug: Some relatives have said to just let him cry, but surely if he's rooting then he's hungry...I didn't think it was possible for a baby so young to just be "demanding"?

Went to the BF cafe today at the surestart centre! there is a hv to assist you with any problems, but i didnt have any and mainly just went to try and make some friends!
only moved here in sept and so dont have any friends here! :(
there were a few other mums there, so will keep going and see what happens!

Has anyone heard of odeon newbies? i found out about it today, you can take your little one to the cinema with you, they dont have the sound so loud, and its all other parents so a crying baby wont upset anyone! We are thinking of going tomorrow, although its iron man 2, and im not really in too action! hubbie wants to tho, so will prob have too!

AFC84 - i notice you live in hampshire, i do to! where abouts?

The BF cafe sounds really good, I'll have to see if there's anything like that for me to try :)

I heard about the cinema thing on TV the other day, isn't it only about a quid entry or something like that?

I'm in Basingstoke, how about you? :)

Congrats, he's so cute!

Sounds like what's happening with Finley...for the first 5 days he was feeding around every 3hrs, then it was more like every 2hrs, and the last 3 days or so he's wanting feeding about every hour and a half!

It's not like I'm interpreting every cry as a hunger cry but he starts rooting and won't take a dummy, so I'm guessing this is probably just a growth spurt? :shrug: Some relatives have said to just let him cry, but surely if he's rooting then he's hungry...I didn't think it was possible for a baby so young to just be "demanding"?

Apparently their first growth spurt is at 2 weeks, so you'd be about right with Finley. I'm the same, I look for rooting as well before putting Harry on. I guess I will be disturbed soon, he's let me put him down this morning and has been sleeping for a couple of hours now!

Some relatives have said to just let him cry, but surely if he's rooting then he's hungry...I didn't think it was possible for a baby so young to just be "demanding"?

I'm with you. I never just let my baby cry. Its NOT them just being demanding! They are in NEED of something...

Now my 3 year old... thats a different story. But a newborn - no way!

Some relatives have said to just let him cry, but surely if he's rooting then he's hungry...I didn't think it was possible for a baby so young to just be "demanding"?

I'd say you are definately right there, newborns don't cry just for attention, they cry to tell you they need you(even if what they need is a cuddle so they know they are safe ), and it seems about the right time for a growth spurt, i know Rohan had a couple of days of non-stop feeding around that time. He does also root a bit if he is trying to pass wind, but then its sort of obvious he isn't hungry as he won't latch on at all, and settles down after a few good farts :haha::haha:
Also i notice more now that he'll root after a feed but not want to latch back on, i've been giving him my finger to suck, and he quickly dozes off when i do that. Seems like he just wants to suckle for comfort, I may get a dummy to use until he can find his hands properly, as i'm getting a wrinkled finger :haha:

Rohan was brilliant last night when OH got him out of the bath and was cuddling him dry he decided that was the time to do a huge poo, which exploded out of his towel and all over the OH :haha::haha::haha: It was back in the bath for both of them! I didn't stop laughing for ages :D

Rohan is officially one calendar month old!! :happydance: Its gone so fast! We went to the baby clinic today to get weighed (Only Roh got weighed not me, thank god!! :wacko: ) He now weighs 7lb exactly! I'm so pleased he's gained so much as he went down to 5lb 3oz the week after birth, so thats a great increase, I'm quite proud of my booby juice! :cloud9:

I'm so lucky my baby is being such an angel, I keep wondering when its all going to go wrong ! :nope: He's only getting me up once in the night, and he's so good natured (apart from when i get him naked, then he shouts his head off lol ), he only occasionally gets wind, and is all round just lovely :) Tell me that this will carry on? :haha: I suspect i'm in for some horrible shock at some point! I'll let you all know when that happens :D

Hope you and your beautiful babies are all well, :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you all!

Emera - You sound like you are doing fabulous! So happy Ro has gained so much weight. Geesh though - he must have been ITTY BITTY when he was born. Dillon was 7lb 6oz and was SO tiny - dropped to 6-10 before we left the hospital. I can't imagine a 5lbr! WOW.

Thanks ladies, that's reassuring :) Sometimes I feel like people dismiss what I think about what Finley wants/needs because I have zero experience with babies [read a crapload of books but I know that's no comparison to actual experience!] or that I don't have the right to disagree but some people's opinions seem so outdated!

Actually Emera, Finley seems to do that as well where he'll root right after a feed but in this weird head bobbing way where he won't actually latch on, just gum my chest a bit! :lol:

Hahaaaa the bath incident is hilarious! :D Glad to hear he's being so good :)

Hah AFC, its always nice to know that your baby is "normal" :) Glad to hear Roh isn't the only baby to headbutt people!

And yeah Logansmama, Roh was pretty tiny, none of his babygros fitted at all, here is a picture of him with his bear, you can see he's quite little, and the feet of the babygro are totally empty :haha::haha: He is just about at newborn size now, but then, technically he was due on 7th of May, so i guess thats about right :)

https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/emera3537/Rohan/Picture053.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->