Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

does anyone else feel really guilty if they aren't playing with or paying their baby attention every second they are awake? izzy is lying awake in her moses basket at the mo and i feel like i should be getting her out and talking to her and things as she's been asleep half the afternoon...

abz xx

abz yep i do feel guilty if im nt always playing with harrison but its unrealistic to think we can do it allll the time they are awake, i can tell if harrison wants someone there with him as he stops gurgling at his arch with toys on and starts to wimper, as soon as i appear he smiles and is happy again so i sit next to him and play/talk with him till he either wants a nap or starts playing with the arch again!

katie i have to agree with abz, its not looking promising and it is an awful amount of money to just disappear, how would he react if you were to mention it? could you ask him if he has the trainers yet etc? i think i remember you being able to tell if he is lying to you.

Hi Ladies,

Just been having a proper catch up, I read the thread on my phone but half of the time when I write a reply I somehow manage to delete it, stupid blackberry!!

Katie . . my birth was pretty much text book, but I have thought several times that if it hadn't gone so well, I'm not sure how I would feel about it now. Even though my experience went so well it was still very overwhelming, and that is kind of unsettling sometimes. So I really feel for you girls who had a difficult time, I can so appreciate how it might be a difficult thing to come to terms with.

I'm glad Daisy slept through :) Oliver had a good night last night too, he only woke up twice and each time just had a really quick feed and fell back asleep. He slept in until 8am when Steves alarm went off, it was great!!

With regards to Vinny, it doesnt sound good honey. I don't know the background or what happened before but it really doesn't sound good. Can you speak to someone about it? I hope you don't think this is out pf order but are you 100% about moving in with him? You dont need things to be any harder, you've got enough on your plate with a new baby. Might it be worth staying at your mums just for now?

Well I have a blocked milk duct, and it really hurts :( I have done everything I can think of to help, but it really hurts. I hope it clears up soon!!!! Its days like this that I wonder if its really worth keeping on breastfeeding . . . argh!!!!!!

Tomorrow we are collecting our chickens - hopefully :) Their little house is all ready, it looks fab! In the afternoon we have Olivers injections which I'll be glad to get out of the way. I have the calpol ready, luckily Steve is coming because I will probably cry if Oliver gets really upset.

xx

Glad Oliver had a good night! :) sounds like he's really getting there with the sleep (touch wood!!).
Thanks for all your advice about Vinny. I know you're all right.. It doesn't sound good at all. I've sort of asked him but he doesn't answer me really, or gets angry and shouts.
The moving thing, even if we don't stay together, i'd be looking for somewhere on my own anyway so there's no point missing the house.. Urgh I don't know. I don't know how to deal with this :shrug:
Oh Sarah I forgot you weren't on here then! Before Xmas he had a heroin relapse, we broke up for a few weeks and he went to jail.. I'm such an idiot. He got a rehab place and stuff though and really got back on track..

katie - :hugs: hope you sort out where the money is going and it's not bad news/

sarah - i recieved the bags thanks! you have to pm me your full address and how much i owe you. the look on the customs officer's face was priceless when he asked what was in the packet and i said 'bags for storing breast milk' :rofl:

modo - my friend gives normal formula all day and hb at last feed and that works well for her.

janny - :hugs:

i am jealous that you all seem to get better nights! owen is really fussy between 8 and 11-12. he feeds loads then. when he does settle after that he wakes 2-3 times for feeds until 5ish and then has another feed and usually takes ages to settle and by that time i practically have to get up with the other 2! :dohh:

Blimey Katie, that really is very worrying then :( There are an awful lot of warning signs there :( You really shoulnt be having to deal with this, gosh no wonder you're not feeling too good :hugs:

Does he still get any proffessional support? Maybe at his rehab place? Is there anyone like that who you could speak to?

I know its easier said than done but from an outside view point I think that before you move in together you deserve to know what's going on, and what you are dealing with. For you and Daisys sake. You would not be out of order to want your mums money or the trainers. He must see that. You need an explanation as to where this money is. But if he's lying to you babe, can you really live like that? :hugs: I am so sorry you have to deal with this :hugs:

MaybeBaby it sounds like the bags raised eyebrows at both ends lol! My post office fellas face was a picture when I told him! I'll pm my address, unless you have PayPal?

Oliver used to get really grouchy on an evening, he would feed and feed and then get all upset and unsettled. I started giving him a bottle of formula, just to top him right up. He might only have a couple of oz but it just calmed him down, and seemed to help him sleep a bit more.

X

Katie: I am so sorry :hugs: I do agree with the other girls that it sounds like he is doing drugs again :(

Maybebaby: Reading your post made me make a strange laugh that I startled Bobby! His arms went up and everything :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby made a poo of epic proportions this morning! It really went everywhere all over his changing mat. I had to cut his vest off him because there was no way I could take it off without getting poo on his face. I had to wake DH up to give him a bath, it was that bad!

The funniest part was that he started making the cutest smiles when I put him on the changing mat. I guess he was relieved as he hadn't had a poo in 24 hours!

Katie those are the exact same things he started to do last time with the money.. Taking it out of your bank, and disappearing for ages without any explanation. Please be careful babes because you don't deserve to be hurt again, you've got enough on your plate already with a new baby xx

hi ladies,

Katie - I'm so sorry you have all these worries with Vinny on top of everything else. He's a stupid man if he is back on drugs, he has so much to lose! I really hope he isnt but it does sound suspicious. :hugs::hugs:

Abz - I know what you mean, I feel I have to chat to Alex all the time he is awake :haha: I never get anything done and so my house is a total mess.

Jolou - Bless Sophie. Emily had her sports day this week. I felt sorry for her it was so hot! Is Harrison still happy in his cot? I'm thinking of switching Alex to his.

Modo - sounds like you had a fun time with the poo :haha:

I'll catch up with the rest of you later, little man is calling and I have a lunch date with my hubby!!! :)

Katis it really does sound like that again, you poor thing it's the last thing you need with a brand new baby, really hope he sorts himself out for you and Daisy.

Modo that's so funny that you had to cut the vest off!! that tickled me, we've had a few and it's a nightmare when you can't move because it's everywhere. My DH woke up early for work the other day and walked in to that at just the right time, wouldn't have managed had he not gotten up.

Well I think I have mastitis again, have been dreading it. There were no apts at the Dr this morning but luckily they phoned and have done me a prescription without seeing me. Poor Will though I have had so much antibiotics in the last 7 weeks, really don't like taking them, but can't afford to let it get as far as it did last time the temperature and flu symptoms were horrendous.

Hope you all have a good day!

Amy enjoy your lunch date that sounds lovely!

amy harrison seems to be settling well in his cot, he is so long and likes to spread his arms so its suiting him fine, i do put him in the moses still some nights if he doesnt seem to be settling well but thats not very often, i even get away with putting him in there for day time naps if i get it timed right, not often but still its progress!

Morning all!

LC I really feel for you having mastitis, god it hurt when I had it and I felt so ill :( I hope your feeling better soon. My blocked duct seems a bit better today, so fingers crossed its all better soon.

Amy enjoy your date lol! Sounds so lovely!

I've just taken Oliver for his first vacinations, I thought it was this afternoon but when I checked this morning it was at 10.30! That was at 10.25! So I phoned up and they said it was okay to still go down, thank goodness! I'm just so glad I checked! Silly mummy :) anyway Oliver cried like mad, but I followed Muddles advice and fed him in the waiting room, he fed for ages - in between sobs to start with bless him - and fell alseep. He's stil fast asleep.

Thanks ladies :( I can't be bothered to write about everything right now, but I really appreciate all your advice and nice words xxx

I'm back from lunch - OMG its so hot! 29 degrees! I'd love to bask in the sun and get a tan but Alex hates the heat and wants constant feeding so this will be the whitest I've been for years :haha:

sarah - I seem to have a permanently blocked duct, glad yours feels a bit better today :hugs: I'm dreading the jabs, well done for getting through Oliver's first lot :hugs:

L-C - so sorry about your mastitus, well done for carrying on with BF :thumbup:

Katie - hope you are OK :hugs:

jolou - Alex is the same as Harrison, he likes to stretch out. I've just realised I've got no cot bedding :dohh: so I'm going to order some and try getting him into his cot next week maybe :)

Amy did you have a nice lunch? I agree about the weather, its a little overcast today but still really warm and humid. I thought it would be great having a hot summer off with baby but didn't realise that babies don't like really hot weather - I'll end up spending my summer in the air con lol!!

We have our Chickens! We have three, they are quite funny but I don't really want to pick them up though! They are Steves little hobby - I made it clear from the start that I don't have time to look after them while Oliver is small, so its Steves job for now :) We are stuck on names though, any ideas?

Oliver has been a bit grumpy but not too bad, his new bouncer chair arrived and its fab! Yay!

Amy did you have a nice lunch? I agree about the weather, its a little overcast today but still really warm and humid. I thought it would be great having a hot summer off with baby but didn't realise that babies don't like really hot weather - I'll end up spending my summer in the air con lol!!

We have our Chickens! We have three, they are quite funny but I don't really want to pick them up though! They are Steves little hobby - I made it clear from the start that I don't have time to look after them while Oliver is small, so its Steves job for now :) We are stuck on names though, any ideas?

Oliver has been a bit grumpy but not too bad, his new bouncer chair arrived and its fab! Yay!

I did have a nice lunch thankyou :) I'm a real sun lover, I love being tanned. this year I am still white hehe. not that I can put my bikini on! Its not a pretty site.

I'm so jealous of your chickens!! we have an area at the back of the Garden that I planned to put chickens on but there is a load of junk that needs clearing up there. we had chickens when I was little. I remember Sally Henny Penny was one, there was also Priscilla and Monika! We gave them funny names :p

I'm also jealous of your bouncer chair! :haha:

OMG its so hot. i am a sweat ball! pleasant

A3my I'm the same with the tan, I've had a better tan in winter lol! And its not lik I ever have the time to fake it either . . . pale and interesting it is then!!

I love your Chicken names!!! Where we've put them was a bit of a mess before, Steve built the new fence and my dad had cleared the area but it was on a slope to Steve moved lots and lots of soil lol! And chopped down a tree! Then of course he needed somewhere to keep the chicken food, bedding etc so yesterday he cleared out the shed! Its been worth getting the chickens just to motivate Steve to get the garden sorted! Its already looking better but a couple more trips to the tip are certainly needed :) I've just been and let the chickens out of their little house into the run :)

I hope everyone has nice plans for the weekend! We are going down to my mum and dads later, its the villiage fayre in their village so that will be nice to have a wonder around, even though its never changed since I was about two lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->