Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

i know the grass is never greener and i love my baby to bits but any of you ever wonder what a weekend as just a couple again would be like?

just a quick hello from me today.

glad olivers injections went well sarah and glad the bf straight after tip helped you too!

katie how are things?

hi to everyone else.

Hi Muddles!

Sarah I am glad that Oliver's vaccinations went well. I am going to try and book Bobby's for the 16th.

Katie I hope you are doing ok :hugs:

sarah - i dont have paypal! glad that oliver got some sleep after his vaccines. i hate vaccines, they make me :cry:

katie - hope you are ok :hugs:

we had owen's christening today. it went well and the kids behaved well at lunch which i was a bit worried about as we had three courses!!! i will post some pics when i put them on the laptop. we are waiting for a pizza hut delivery now. diet starts on monday.......maybe :blush:

Sarah, I hope you had a nice day!
Maybebaby, glad the christening went well :kiss:
LC, I know how you feel, it's just such a big change isn't it!

I had a night out with my friends last night! And I didn't even feel like the boring one, after 4 hours getting ready I felt just as good as the rest of them :) I wish I would have got a picture taken to remind me I'm not ALWAYS just mummy! :lol:
I'm doing okay thanks ladies. Still trying to get to the bottom of things, I've asked to speak to his probation officer on Monday so hopefully I'll at least find out if his drug tests are clear!

Evening All!

Katie I'm so glad you had a nice night out :) I think when I went out I made the mistake of rushing getting ready - I didn't even get a shower until my parents arrived so I felt a bit rubbish, it would have been lovely to spend a while getting ready and feel a bit better about myself. Maybe next time :) I hope you can get things sorted with Vinny hon, whats happening with the house?

MaybeBaby Yay for the Christening going well!! Glad you had a good day :) I will PM you my address :)

L-C to be honest I'm not sure I can remember what pre-Oliver weekends were like lol!!! We are trying to do most things we used to enjoy and just take Oliver along, which is working out really well.

We had a lovely day, Oliver was so good all day and i got to show him off a lot :)

Right well I have to go and try to get the chickens into their little house. I hope they dont escape . . . argh!!

I didn't enjoy getting back into my heels though, I wore my favourite ever Steve Maddens because I remembered them being soo comfy- suspect that was in the days when I could easily do a full day and night in 6 inch heels as I was crippled by 2am :blush:
I'm going to still take the house. It's perfect, and I can cover the rent if needs be- I might just have to go back to work in December! Or take an evening job, I'm not sure which would work better.. Possibly bar work if I could get a job somewhere nice as (male!) customers love my talent for talking rubbish :lol:
I know what you mean, I love getting a chance to show Daisy off- I took her to asda the other day and had her in one of those trolleys with the baby seat that's nearly lying down? It took me twice as long as it should have as so many people were stopping me- I was made up :lol:

dylan and erin are driving me crazy! what i try to clear up they try just as hard to mess up again :grr: and oh is in bed! :grr::grr:

the weather has cleared up but i dont really feel like the beach. i hate feeling fat and flumpy. i know i've never been a size 8 but this flabby belly and cellulite make me feel really crap!

glad you had a good night out katie! im dying for a night out but at the mo my best mate is surgically attached to her fiance lol i just want a girls night out! tho nothing fits me that id feel nice in. hope things go ok tomorrow!

i know what you mean about showing babies off! i love it, i dont purposely go out of my way to show him off but everyone is always stopping us or i hear them as im walking past, it was the same with sophie lol it even happened with sophie a few weeks back at the farm park, she was on a ride and someone said "isnt that little girl pretty" i was sooo chuffed lol

l-c, i kinda know what you mean! before harrison we would always get every other weekend to ourselves as sophie went to her dads, we got to lie in, didnt have to find a baby sitter etc, a lie in now is 8am lol tho i wouldnt change it for the world.

i went to see the new twilight last night with my cousin and it was really good, tho i do feel a tad wrong in fancying the pants off jacob who i found out only just turned 18... my cousin now thinks im sick as she is 18 lol

we are ment to be going to look at some newly built houses today in rhyl, not to buy one, just to have a look at how big anwyl homes make their cheaper 3 beds, they have just started to clear land in prestatyn 2 minutes walk from sophies school so we want to put our name down etc we figured this is the best way to see the standards etc before actually deciding on what to do! i just need mark to get his ass out of bed in time to do it before he starts work on the garden again... im actually lookin forward to it as im soooo nosey and looove looking around show houses lol

Jo I'm actually really jealous of you living out there. My Nan and Grandad live in Trelogan and it's beautiful (although the only shop in the whole village closed down a couple of years ago :dohh:)
I didn't have anything to fit me either! It was just by chance I was walking past a boutique that make their own clothes and saw a fab dress in the window, went in to ask and ended up walking out with it :lol:

Katie thats great about the house, so exciting!! When do you move? Can't wait to see pics!!!!!

I soooo feel you pain re the heels, my feet are still recovering from the Manolo incident :cry: I've tried couple of pairs of heels on that used to be comfy and they just arent anymore! I'm actually thinking that I was just used to wearing uncomfy shoes!! I bought some vans the other day just for wearing around the garden and stuff and OMG they are sooooo comfy, think I might have to get some more lol!!

MaybeBaby Steve sounds like your kids lol!! I spend ages tidying up and within ten minutes of him been in the room its a mess again, I don't know how he does it!!!! I'm going to train Oliver NOT to be like his Daddy in that department!!

Jolou I hope you enjoy your house viewing! I like looking at houses too :) We went to see a new build near my mums when I was about 8 weeks pregnant, (mainly we were been nosy rather than seriously looking!) we were looking at a three bed and then fell in love with a massive four bed. OMG it was just gorgeous!!! It would have been perfect - if we could have signed on the dotted line that day we would have. But when we came home and thought about it, it would have ment that I would have had to go back to work sooner, and while I'm off we wouldn't really have had much spare cash. So we decided to be sensible and wait. It was lovely though, I still think how lovely it would have been to be living there. Needless to say Steve doesn't let me look around new houses anymore lol!!

We once looked around a barn conversion, mainly because I used to rent the barn and land for my pony (when it was a barn of course :)) and I wanted to see what they had done to it! It was gorgeous, they had done such a good job and even though it was too small for us we were still soooooo tempted!! We wouldn't have even fitted all our stuff in it but it was gorgeous, and came with the field and stable which I would have loved - I would never see Steve if I had a horse at home!! :haha:

Hi everyone!

Well, i just finished catching up on all the pages since i last managed to come on here. Sorry i won't respond to everyone, so much has gone on for you all!

Big :hugs: to Katie though, hope things settle for you, glad to hear you managed to have a good night out :)

Also :hugs: to Janny, sorry you're feeling down, i hope things will get easier for you.

Sarah, I'm so jealous of your chickens! :)

Maybe, glad the Christening went off well :)

I've been having a bit of a nightmare these last couple of weeks (not sure how long really, you know how it is when things are a bit bad, seems to last forever).
OH found another job now, happily, its been awful, i can't believe he just left his job so suddenly, i don't know what we will do for money by the end of the month, things are extremely tight as it is :shrug: i've been so annoyed at him for being so irresponsible. Its not been fun having him here unfortunately as we've been a bit at eachother's throats all the time :(
All he's done is sit about playing computer games the whole time he's not jobhunting, and then getting grumpy when i ask him to mind Roh for 30 minutes whilst i shower, etc. :growlmad: Then he complained to me that he can't have enough "me" time, i really don't know quite what he was expecting life to be like, and i'm so confused as he was so excited and supportive through my pregnancy.
Its not like he's ever had to wake up in the night or do anything at all except play with Roh when he wants to, which admittedly he really enjoys, and he's great with Roh when the mood takes him. Its just if i need a hand/ break when he's in the middle of a 6 hour gaming session that he gets stroppy with me. I do try to give him his time to himself, its just it never seems to be enough. I don't think i'm being unreasonable.... am i? :shrug:

I'm a bit worried he's getting depressed and struggling to cope with the change in his life, but i don't feel inclined to help him all that much when he's taking it out on me, and i'm doing basically everything (he never cleans or cooks anymore, but then complained about the dinner i made the other night that he didn't like it, i've made it loads of times before, so i don't get it).

Argh, its making me a bit stressed and confused, he's never been like this before, we've been together 13 years and always had a strong relationship, but i suddenly don't understand what his problem is :shrug: Any advice girls?

On the positive side, Roh is wonderful, and i can't believe he's 12 weeks already!

:hugs:

emera :hugs:, I will reply properly when I'm at home on the netbook x

hey all having a bad day!

i said to my bf i was depressed and i was crying my eyes out and he said im sick of hearing baout it!!! hes never heard about it b4 !!!! and last night i had to do everything myself with jared..... when did men become such wankers!!!

emera :hugs: i can relate to what you are saying. my OH is off work, he left in January on sick pay and though thankfully he's still getting paid now he's on half pay so things are getting tighter and tighter. if he doesnt find another job soon i will have to definately go back to work after christmas as my maternity pay stops at the beginning of november and he will be on unpaid sick leave come december and so we will have zero money coming in if i dont go back to work. we have some savings which will enable me to stay off til after christmas but it is really depressing thinking of going back so early especially as orininally i was going to take 2 years off, then it went down to 1 year and now we're looking at 7 months only. like your OH he has been here and we have been at each other's throats on and off and at one point i thought it was all over just before the birth. things have smoothed over a bit but there are still times when i wonder where things are going and if things are ever going to get back on track fully. maybe your OH is a bit depressed about the whole situation. my OH couldnt stay in his job as it was literally driving him crazy so maybe it is the same for your OH. hopefully things will get back to more of a normality when your OH gets a new job. i know what it feels like to feel like you are the one driving things forward and doing everything. my OH got out of bed at midday and went off to do some exercise. i on the other hand had been up half the night and up with the 3 kids since the early morning. i guess they can be neanderthal at times! i hope things get better for you and no i do not think that you are being irrational. :hugs:

janny :hugs: men dont understand anything! thank god we can come on here to talk about stuff :hugs:

hey everyone.

Alex has been really demanding last couple of days, my back is aching now!

Janny - men can be crap with emotions because they dont understand :hugs:

emera -sorry about your OH. thats a lot of stress to go through with a new baby. :hugs:cant believe Roh is 12 weeks!! x

Afternoon ladies... so much to catch up on but the chickens (so jealous) and exploding poos stand out (and we've had a few of those!)

Katie... sorry to hear about your worries about Vinnie. It seems pointless repeating what the lovely ladies have already said on here but big :hugs:

Emera and Janny big :hugs: too. I had to have a chat with my hubby a couple of weeks back because I also felt that I was doing everything with Chloe and since then we really have turned a corner. It is strange that several of us have had similar issues with our OH's... which makes me suspect that it is quite common and perhaps as difficult for the men to adjust to having a newborn in their lives?

Thanks to all that posted advice and experiences of immunisations... Chloe has hers on Weds and I am a little apprehensive..

We've had a lovely wknd here... there is a free music festival on and there is also a fayre and lots of family activies so we took Chloe yesterday. It was so nice to get out and about as a family even if it took us about half an hour to pack the car!!

Currently watching the tennis and then off to see the new Twilight film with the girls later (although they booked tickets for the 9pm showing so I suspect I will be asleep by 10pm!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->