Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

sarah i got the graco gbaby delight, which was half price and the best £45 i have ever spent. I am up have had a shower and brushed my teeth and I sat having a cup of tea as he was rocked to sleep. Only problem (not that I'm complaining) is that I keep going in to swtich it off and preserve battery power and he detects it every time!!

pussy galore - I think I just had one bad day too many and was begining to get a bit down - the chair has restored my faith though. Hope Chloe slept well in her cot, we have that hurdle to come. Is she in a grow bag?

Logansmama do you use your swing for all naps and do you leave him in there for the whole of his sleep? It has worked wonders - thank you for your suggestion, don't know how we have managed the last eight weeks without! I need one upstairs and another downstairs....

The bees are back! am gutted the neighbours have started to complain too, not sure what they expect me to do, I have rung the bloke up again.

Hope you all have a good day xx

hey ladies, been a busy few days so not had chance to get on here

nice to hear from you logansmama!

katie il pop over and have a read now! :)

i had the day off from being a mum yesterday from 7:30am till this 7:30am this morning a full 24hrs!!
i went to alton towers with my sister, her OH and my cousin, had a great time sooo much fun but didnt get home till 10:30pm, mainly because we didnt actually leave the park till 7 then stopped for some tea and i believe rachel took a wrong turn down a motorway so had to turn around lol (i had nodded off by then lol), then it was all ruined when i got home and all mark done was moan... moan how he never got anythig done because harrison seemed to need to be winded all day and was being sick after each feed, i wanted to reply with you obviously were doing something wrong because its never like that for me.. he then moaned he still hadnt had a shower and how he hadnt had chance to do the bottles, i just said welcome to my world every day.. i wanted to add but i actually just get on with it and get things done. i said i was pooped and legs were hurting so he decided to moan he was tired, i didnt even get asked if i had a nice time or anything.. oh and when i got home he was on the net messing about on websites, harrison had been asleep for half an hour so why couldnt he have showered then instead of goin on net..? so i wanted to not do alot today but now i have to tidy the house after it being left in a tip yesterday..

sorry i haven't been around guys. i haven't caught up. my mum fell down our stairs and cracked her head open and fractured her neck and broke a rib. she's got a heart valve so she's on massive amounts of blood thinners and she lost four pints of blood. we were locked out of my house on the other side of the door hearing her screaming for help as she left the keys in the door. it was the most horrific thing i've ever been through and i hope it never happens again. she was so so scared :( the ambulance man broke through our window as we couldn't break it (turns out uPVC windows are rather tough) and she's going to be absolutely fine. she's been incredibly lucky all things considered.

obviously i won't be online that much. i really hope everyone is ok.

much love.

abz xx

oh no abz your poor mum!! hope she gets better soon
xx

OMG Abz! That must have been horrendous. Really hope she makes a quick recovery xxxx

Blimey Abz, I'm glad she's going to be okay! What a horrible thing to go through - for all of you! :hugs:

Jolou glad you had a good day out!! What is it with men and new babies? They are just crap lol!! Steve has taken Oliver in a morning a couple of times so I can sleep in - the amount of mess he makes has to be seen to be believed!!!! And guess who clears up? :dohh:

L-C glad to hear that the swing worked!! We have the graco sweetpeace, Oliver has about half his naps in there. Sometimes he falls asleep on his own in it, sometimes I pop him in when he's fallen asleep on me. Oliver prefers it not to be switched on - strange child :haha: but if its switched on I tend to turn it off when he's fast asleep. I'd leave it on if turning it off woke him though. I hope that helps. And what a nightmare about the bees!!!!

jolou - they are all the same even the good ones, that's why girls are mummies, they couldn't cope!!

omg abz you poor thing really hope your mum gets better soon xx

ordered rechargeable batteries today for my new best friend - the chair!!

L-C - sorry to hear you had such a bad day yesterday, but good to hear the swing seems to have done the trick!

Abz - OMG about your mum, that must have been terrifying. Thank goodness she is ok.

Katie - will try and request access to girls sanctuary. Hope you are ok.

Jolou - your days sounds wonderful. I am really looking forward to my time out on Saturday/Sunday morning for the hen do. But if DH complains when I get back about how hard it is he will get a smack in the chops!!

Well baby massage was lovely, Che got a bit grizzley half way through but swaddled him and then he calmed down for the rest. Afterwards they had a lady come in to talk about dental care in children which was quite interesting about never giving a baby/toddler juice in a bottle as it causes tooth decay. And then she gave out a load of freebies like toothbrushes and sippy cups etc. Love a freebie!!

I had Che weighed and he is now a stonking 14lb 3oz - no wonder my arms are killing me. I thought he might be about 13lb but that is ridiculous!!

I went back to the Trafford Centre today (my second home now) and finally found a lovely dress that does not make me look like a sack of spuds for the hen do on Sat so happy about that. Then met up with 5 other NCT girls for coffee - we were a right sight with all the pushchairs talking about boobs and labour!!

abz - :hugs: how scary! hope your mum is better soon!

i bought a fisher price rainforest bouncer today and it is the best £60 i have spent on owen!!! he likes it better than the swing and seems very mesmerised by the waterfall lights! hope this continues as he's been in t quietly for about an hour now! danny was joking that it is like a baby version of a man's lazy boy chair with the vibrations :rofl: maybe he would like one :haha: well off to do some tidying up until owen's next feed - which is soon! :dohh:

Evening ladies!

Abz... I am so sorry to hear about your Mum, wishing her a speedy recovery :hugs:

Katie... hope you are OK? :hugs:

L-C.. like you I have had many more bad days than good ones, but Chloe slept so well in her cot last night, I am wondering if we are turning a corner? That said, she is wide awake at the mo and doesn't look like sleeping at all :wacko:

Might have a look at the swing option?!

Chloe's jabs were delayed a week today. She is putting on lots of weight, but because she was only 6.5lbs when she was born and around 10lbs now, she is still underweight in comparison with many 8 wk old babies. So I have to go through it all again next week!! :cry:

PG :hugs: i cant believe that they didnt give her the jabs. 10lbs is not that tiny!

PG - Thats crazy! Dillon was only 10lbs 2 oz and he got his vaccines - and that was at 9 weeks old. He's small but not underweight.

Now Cactus on the other hand - thats a big baby! Wow. 14 lbs!

LC- Dillon falls asleep in the swing a lot and i just leave him there for naps - but at BEDtime I put him in his crib once he's asleep. I do usually turn the swing off after a little bit though - I feel like maybe too much swinging can't be good for him or something! lol...

Who got the rainforest bouncer? I looked back but now I can't find the post. Anyhow - how many months is that for? I had one for Logan but don't have it anymore. I feel like he was bigger though. I thought it was for like 4 or 5 months and up? I wanna get one for Dillon - I know Logan LOVED his.

Logansmama it is me who bought the rainforest bouncer. it is from birth to about 6 months or 20lbs (so the packaging says)

katie - hope you are ok! have been thinking about you and daisy :hugs:

PG how annoying you have to go back. That reminds me I need to chase Che's 8wk apt.

I got the rainforest playmat and Che seems to love that he lies kicking and hitting for about 30mins which is great!! I wonder what it is about the rainforest stuff??

Here is a photo of him -

Attachments

• DSC00499.jpg
    DSC00499.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
i have the sea play mat for harrison from fisherprice, think its the cheaper version of the rainforest one that can also be a tunnel later on! harrison loves it he gets all excited when he sees it coming, im sure he is gonna be left hand tho cos he grabs everything with his left lol.

ive not weighed harrison since his jabs which was 2 weeks ago now, only on the wii fit last week where he was 12llb, it tends to weigh him lighter tho so god knows what his actual weight it, all i know is ive had to dig out some of the 3-6 month clothes! especially the sleepsuits cos he is so long!

PG cant believe they wouldnt do the jabs, to me thats not a small size.

CG Che looks soo grown up!

Hello,
Just a quicky (going to brave the shops as I need holiday clothes gulp!)

abz that is awful, your poor mum. I hope she gets better soon :hugs:

CG - Che is such a handsome young man!!

PG - thats so annoying, 10lbs isnt that small compared to her birthweight :growlmad::hugs:

Jolou - glad you had a fab day off!

L-C - I want a chair now.

Well have a lovely day all. xx

PG that is so annoying!
CG, I think that's about the same as Daisy, she was 13lbs 5oz last week. I don't remember seeing a pic of him before but he is absolutely gorgeous!! :cloud9:
I'm okay thanks ladies. Single, and not moving out!

Who got the rainforest bouncer? I looked back but now I can't find the post. Anyhow - how many months is that for? I had one for Logan but don't have it anymore. I feel like he was bigger though. I thought it was for like 4 or 5 months and up? I wanna get one for Dillon - I know Logan LOVED his.

Hm, the age you've said it's from makes me think you mean the jumperoo! I'm not sure what age, think it's really from when they've got complete control of their head (not long for my little chunk!). I love them, can't wait to get one!!

katie ive been keeping up with your other thread and as hard as it is i really do think it is the best for you and daisy at the mo! i know the thought of being a single mother is scary and daunting but i have every confidence you will be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->