Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

Have a lovely holiday Modo!!!! My parents had offered to pay for a hotel for us to have a few days away for my birthday in October, but we decided against it since we would have to be sat in our room from about 7pm been quiet :haha: I think we'll see how things are in January, or maybe just leave it until the spring and get a cottage or something else self catering. Steve and I were mini-break-holics before Oliver came along but I have more fun now than ever before :)

I don't think my six posts will appear due to the link I put in them - phew lol! But the post is now in the research part of the site . . . here
https://www.babyandbump.com/press-research/421758-breastfeeding-nursing-cover-survey.html
If any of you ladies who have ever breastfed or are breastfeeding could take a look I would be very, vvery grateful! :flower:

Well my parents just left, we had a wonder around the shops and went to 'Haribo land'. There is a massive Haribo factory in Pontefract and they have a little shop were all the Haribo sweeties are really cheap, my dad LOVES Haribo so we went today and well, he was like a kid in a sweetshop :haha: I also popped into the local hosipice charity shop, its a really nice shop and doesn't smell funny lol! I got a pair of topshop jeans (that might fit my ass better :rofl:), a lovely jacket and a brand new pair of shoes for £11!!!!! They are really lovely too! It made my mum laugh, one year I'm shopping in Harvey Nichols the next its the charity shop lol, but if it means I can stay home with Oliver longer then so be it :) Plus it shows Steve I'm making an effort, if you know what I mean :haha:

Oh, and A3my - Yay re: been godparents!!

We decided against getting Oliver christened as Steve and I are not even a little bit religious. I quite like the idea of having guide parents though, we might have a little naming ceremony at some point.

Sarah I love and hate you at the same time for linking that pram!! Did you ever get your iCandy?
MB, Owen is terrifying in his Bumbo :lol:
Modo, have a lovely holiday xx
Frufru, Joni is just gorgeous, the Peke Moe looks good top, where did you get it? I still swaddle Daisy and that looks like a good idea.
L-C, good luck with Will tonight, hope he sleeps well xx

Oh and congrats on the godparent status Amy!
We're getting Daisy christened in the Spring I think, we've already picked godparents- my brother Alex, and Vinny's sister Anne Marie. Think we'll have the party in the Rubber Soul, possibly in the restaurant? We haven't decided!

Amy - Yay for being godparents :yipee:
Modo - enjoy your trip, I hope Bobby settles down for you :hugs:

Sarah - Hubby and I both enjoyed going away before Joni was born but have decided to stay home until she is bigger as you have. We hope to go for a long weekend in Brussels to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary next March and Joni will stay at home with her Nana.
Hariboland :shock: OMG that just sounds amazing and now I want to go.
Congratulations on the charity bargains :thumbup:
Survey done :)

Katie - the Peke Moe is like a massive pillowcase with a neckhole at one end and a zip at the other. It is a one-of-a-kind design which I have never seen anywhere else. It is made by a small company in New Zealand. Even though it was posted from the other side of the world it arrived in just over a week :thumbup: their customer service is fab. I think the cost worked out about £35 - it may sound a lot of money, but in our case it was well worth it. The website is here if you want to have a look: https://www.pekemoe.co.nz/

I just can't resist another picture of Joni - this was taken today before her bath. I love her amber necklace :mrgreen:

https://i51.tinypic.com/1042ivc.jpg

Well tomorrow we are off to a local farmers market then travelling onto to see my Mum as I think she is in need of some Joni snuggles :hugs2:

Have a lovely weekend everyone :hugs:

Hariboland!!! wow that sounds amazing Sarah!! I want to go too! Well done on the bargain shopping :thumbup:

frufru - Joni is sooo gorgeous :hugs: enjoy the farmers market, yum yum!

Yeah I was really moved when my sister asked me. She's not religious but her hubby is a catholic with a strong faith. She said its more of a gesture from her becasue she couldnt think of anyone else she'd rather have bring up Gabriel should anything happen to her and Chris :D Sarah - guide parents sounds like a lovely idea!

Its my DHs birthday on Sunday, we havent got anything planned :wacko: I did make a cake for him with the girls, it looks very sickly :haha:

Katie I didn't get my icandy . . . yet :rofl: I bought a Loola Up instead which I do adore, but I will get my icandy one day, even if its for the next baby :wacko:

I'm loving the sound of a sickly birthday cake A3my!!! I'll have to remind Steve that I want him to make me a cake for my birthday . . . I think I'd quite like a Guiness cake . . . . mmmmm!!

Thanks for doing my survey ladies!!! I might be needing you to product test if anyones up for it . . . . ?

Haribo Land is pretty amazing . . . . its a tiny, tiny shop but soooo packed full of Haribo and sooooo cheap :haha: The Haribo factory is right in the centre of Pontefract, we live about a mile and a half away . . . it always amuses me because the whole of Pontefract always smells of sweets! Even at our house if the wind is blowing the right way, I open the door and smell sweeties . . . . if you are going to have a factory in your town I think we have the best one lol! You can even tell what sweeties they are making some times :haha:

A3my thats so lovely of your sister to say that. TBH the main reason I would have any naming ceremony / guide parents would be so I could ask my sister - and possibly her husband - to be guide parents to Oliver. My sister is two years older than me and lives in London so we don't see them a lot, but they are both so smitten with Oliver. They don't have children yet, they are both very much career people and though they have a big house and really good, well paid jobs I think they miss living closer to family and I'm sure they would like to start a family. I'd love to ask them.

x

am so f****d off! i was dozing on sofa feeding owen&OH got up to go to bed so i thought i'd go too. when he realised i was comin to bed he threw a strop sayin why did i wait for him before moving and refused to come to bed and stayed on sofa!!! so am in bed on my own, well with owen! what's his damn problem!?!

Grrrr at your OH Maybe!!!! I think been in bed with Owen for cuddles sounds perfect, I'd tell OH to stay where he is and not to even THINK about trying to get in bed later! Your OH reminds me of when you read about toddlers who revert back to been babies when there is a new baby in the family . . . . he's like an adult who's reverted to been a toddler. I hope he grows up soon.

:hugs:

think theres very little chance of that! why does he not want me in bed with him? am i that bad :shrug:

Maybe you are not bad in any way - its him with the problems and NOT you - don't even think that any of this might be something to do with you!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry your OH is still being a *******.. Like Sarah said, being in bed with Owen definitely sounds preferable.
2am feed for Daisy! Lucky me.. I'll be up for the day at 6 now I guess!

i havebeen updating on the phone lately so it is nice to get on to the laptop!!! i got up with the kids and OH went from the living room to bed. i cant wait for him to start work on friday as maybe i wont be so angry that he just lies in bed most of the day whilst i sort out the kids and the flat!!!

owen is really clingy these days and i cant seem to gt anything done as he just wants to be held all the time or he cries :dohh: i can stand the grizzling whilst i get on with the chores but OH cant and wont do anything about it most of the time just shout at me to get the baby. yesterday i resorted to putting him in the baby carrier but he weighs 18lbs2oz now (last week so prob more now!) so it breaks my back really when i have to bend down to pick things up. plus he tries to grab at things! he's grizzling in his swing beide me now. he's tired so i hope he'll go to sleep and then i can do a quick blitz of the kitchen and bathroom at least (whilst keeping an eye on the other 2! they are playing nicely with erin's new my little pony convertible and sylvannian families but that can change in an instant!!!!)

nights are still murdurous with owen waking countless times and just wanting the boob. strange thing is that he wont comfort feed in the day so why at night? :shrug:

i hope you all have a nice weekend. i think i shall go out with the kids and OH can do what he wants! (probably :sleep: ) i need to get some milk and dishwasher tablets so a trip to morissons is in order some time today.

katie - are you going to start weaning?

I think so. She's just hungry ALL the time, surely she shouldn't be able to put milk away like she does? And sometimes she drains an 11oz bottle and cries for more :shrug: I've got baby rice in the kitchen that I bought yesterday with the theory that if I decide not to, it'll keep until I do :shrug: I need someone to tell me I'm not wrong :lol: but I def know a FF baby shouldn't go from sleeping 8pm-9/10am without waking, to needing 34oz in that time!

katie - u r not wrong!!! trust your instincts&if u think daisy is ready try her. owen had 3oz breastmilk mixed with baby rice&then a feed from each boob at lunch!

Thanks. I think I'll try her when she wakes up.. Or maybe wait til tomorrow. I'm so indecisive :lol:

Katie go for it trust your instincts - Will has been on it for two weeks and loves it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->