Moms of April/May/June 2010 babies thread! :)

From what I have read draining bottles such big bottles and going from sleeping through to waking one or more times looking for a feed are classic signs of readiness to wean. I am extremely hesitant about weaning but if I was in your position with Joni I would look to introduce baby rice.

If you are really set on waiting til 6 months you could change to hungry baby milk - but I guess Daisy might be on that already?

I am almost impatient about weaning Joni :blush: At the rate she is going with her milk I am not sure she will be ready at 6 months (end Oct) :dohh: But then I guess I need to add another 6weeks or so on to adjust for her being early which takes us to Nov-Dec. So hopefully Joni will be able to have some dinner with us on Christmas day :mrgreen:

Katie I think I'd be thinking about weaning too if she is drinking that much milk - wow!

FruFru I'm looking forward to Oliver having some Christmas dinner too - I'm not sure how impressed everyone else at the table will be though since they will probably end up covered in it :haha:

We have had a nice day, Oliver was at the Dr's this morning just making sure he's okay with his sniffles and he still has a cough. He's fine though, I thought he was but you can't be too careful can you. We then took a drive up to Harrogate, I wanted to get a pressie for my SIL's baby from The White Company - I love their baby stuff!! They also have a JoJo Maman Bebe in Harrogate which I also like for baby things - next year I'm definetly going to get Oliver one of the cute little yellow raincoats with a rainhat and wellington boots - so cute!! I was quite restrained today and didn't buy too much.

Steve is out playing Poker tonight, he's really been looking forward to it so I don't really mind. I don't think he realises that I spend every evening sat on my own though while he's at work, so I quite look forward to some company on his days off and then he goes out :dohh:. I don't really mind, but there is NOTHING on TV and I know I'm going to end up doing some housework and going to bed. Ah well, never mind. I think I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself :haha:

Oliver has started doing so many new things lately, I can't keep up! All he wants to do at the moment is stand up - holding on to me or with me supporting him - and bounce. He's always liked bouncing but now he does it himself - bending his little knees and bobbing up and down - its so cute! I think it might be encouraged by his Jumperoo. He also made Steve and I jump at lunchtime - we were in Wagamamas and Oliver was on Steve's knee, we were chatting and Oliver grabbed the paper placemat and pulled! Steve caught his water glass just before it tipped up lol - he pulled it so fast! And he seems to be getting somewhere with sitting up too - we've been practising but today he was really good - he sat for about 30 seconds before he tipped up backwards. I caught him but his head still touched the floor - just not with a bang - but I think it shocked him so he had a good cry - I felt awful! I'll be putting cushions all around him when we do sitting up again, until he's a bit more sturdy.

Right, well I guess I might as well go and have a quick clean up. Hope you are all having good weekends! xx

Thankyou all!
I tried her earlier, she loved it and caught on SO fast. We'll see how tonight goes sleep wise.. Fingers Xd though!
Frufru, I'm excited about Daisy being able to eat with us on Xmas day too!
Sarah we had a very near floor butting incident this morning, just after the picture I put on facebook she decided she was bored and put her hands in her mouth.. And promptly fell over. Like you, I caught her in time but she did still touch the floor, and screamed blue murder.. Naughty mummy! I'm developing cat like reflexes though...

here are a couple of photos: owen doing his fave thing at the moment - standing holding on to something and erin on her new bike she got for her birthday!

Attachments

• Photo0212.jpg
    Photo0212.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo0217.jpg
    Photo0217.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
katie - glad the weaning went well! did daisy sleep better?

sarah - do you watch the x-factor?

LC - do you just give will baby rice or something else? are you bf or ff?

frufru - i cant believe that joni is 5 months old!!! where has the time gone? :wacko:

Hi

Katie really glad the baby rice went well! Hope daisy slept better.

Maybebaby love the picture of Erin and Owen, he's standing so well. I actually stopped the baby rice as I think he found it too bland, I have started Will on porridge and he seems to like that better. I have been giving him that and some fruit and veg, my Mum bought me some of the Ella's Kitchen sachets that are 100 % organic and nothing added. Didn't think I'd go down that route but it makes sense trying things and then when I know what he likes I can make up my own. He had apples and strawberries yesterday, and he loves carrots, apples and parsnips and he's also had peaches and banana's which was really funny, a little bit tart I think!

https://www.ellaskitchen.co.uk/stage-1-baby-food/

Oh and will is BF only, almost gave in due to sleep deprivation but couldn't do it, really want to make it to 6 months at least.

Well my little munchkin has been sleeping better the past two nights, getting up for feeds at only midnight and about 4 am, I've had to settle him inbetween with his dummy, but still heaps better.

Will has his 16 wk jabs tomorrow - so I'm hoping it won't knock him straight back out of sync again.

Hope you all have a good day, my DH is taking us out for pizza, was our wedding anniversary on Friday. We are going to try and go out for a curry next weekend with Nannie babysitting - eek.

LC - i'm glad will is sleeping better. owen has just finished his 2nd lot of antibiotics so is having to have his 4 month vaccines 3wks late. am going to try the sleep training after that as waking countless times a night is the pits!!! i gave owen c&g strawberry&banana porridge for lunch today and he loved it. as you say, baby rice is bland! do you feed will 1 meal a day? i'm considering adding another feed at night in the next week or so. what do you think?

Ooh - for those of you near a Sainsbury they have baby foods on offer, including the Ella's kitchen stuff, with a 1/3 off. I thought I might get a few with a good sell-by date to keep in the cupboard.

Glad the weaning is going well for you both L-C and MaybeBaby :thumbup:

I popped round to a friends with Joni this afternoon as it was my friends birthday. I only managed to stay for about 20mins as Joni was really unwell :sad1: Another guest brought round some cut flowers while we were there and within minutes of them being put out Joni's eyes started streaming and she was coughing and sneezing. Poor little maiden had such a pronounced allergic reaction :sad1: I have suspected she has hayfever for a while as both hubby and I have it and when we still had good weather in the summer Joni would itch her eyes and sneeze a fair bit when we were out for walks. I think todays experience confirms she has inherited the hayfever poor wee mite.

Joni had a nice nap in her buggy on the way home and has had a feed so is a lot better now. SHe is currently having a nice snuggle with her Dada watching me type :lol:

poor joni that's no fun bless her - glad she is feeling better now!

Poor Joni!
Well Daisy slept better last night. We made it 10 hours :) I've given her baby rice again and she loved it, she kept crying for more and trying to take the spoon :cloud9: it's a very messy business but she doesn't spit any out!

Poor Joni!
Well Daisy slept better last night. We made it 10 hours :) I've given her baby rice again and she loved it, she kept crying for more and trying to take the spoon :cloud9: it's a very messy business but she doesn't spit any out!

Awwww poor Joni!! Hay fever is horrible :( I hope she's okay now!

FruFru we went to Sainsburys today :haha: I didn't buy too much, just some nappies for when the reusables are in the wash (I haven't got enough reusables to be full time with them just yet) or when we are out and about. I got some more wipes too and some napisan as I've heard its good for getting food stains out when we start weaning! We're planning on doing baby led weaning but I still bought some baby juice and some little packets of rusks . . . I love rusks . . . . mmmmm :rofl:

Katie I'm glad Daisy is enjoying her food!!

Maybe they are lovely pics! I do kind of watch the X factor . . . well its on now :rofl: I watch it if its on, but I'm not really into it. I'm used to working on Saturday nights so I'm not used to watching things like X Factor.

L-C I hope the jabs go okay, I'm sure they will and then its all over and done with for a good long while :hugs:

It was soooo cold today! I put Oliver a nice padded cosy coat on and the poor little thing looked like a marshmallow! It was way too padded for him, he could hardly move his arms! So I need to buy him a new coat. I also want a snowsuit but I think I'll get 6-9 months . . . . I haven't seen one I like yet though. Have any of you bought snowsuits yet, or seen any nice boys ones on your travels?

sarah - mothercare sometimes have some cute snowsuits. also jojomamanbebe!

katie - glad the weaning is helping the sleeping! wish i could say the same for owen!

frufru - poor joni!

again OH has not failed to disappoint! he told me he'd wake up with me in the morning for the school run but of course he's in bed coz the baby woke him up last night, even though he didnt lift a finger.

I couldnt believe it, last night baby and bump was offline cry cry! just a quickie as the girls are off today. yay to all the hungry babies loving their grub!

maybe you have the cutest children :hugs:

I think Alex is way behind all your LOs.. he doesnt seem to be putting on any weight which is worrying me lots :( he can hold his head up easily but cant sit on his own at all.

catch up properly later - oo, Frufru - I hope Joni is ok xx

amy - though owen can stand holding onto things he cannot sit unaided yet though he keeps trying to!

Well last night was bloody awful. Up at 11, 2 5 and then up for the day at 6. I think it might be her teeth? I don't know.
Maybe I want to shake your OH sometimes :( :hugs:

oh dear katie! owen was even worse than usual too & i suspect teeth too.

mum took dylan&erin for afternoon so i have napped on sofa with owen for a bit but he doesnt want to sleep any more now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->