***More Pics Added lol...***My Crazy Christmas Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone's been busy in Pinterest :winkwink: Loving the ideas :)

I love pinterest! The ideas I've got from there are just awesome! I'm doing a rainbow themed party for Kay and I can't wait!

Ohhh also the tattoo shop called me back, and they do gift certificates! I plan to put in $100, Mom said she will put in $50, my SIL and Brother said they will pitch in $20, and Mark's dad and step mom will at least put in $20 :) I am soooooo excited for him to find out on Christmas morning! :D :D :D

I love Christmas crafts so will be stalking this thread with interest.

Last year I made LO's stocking which was a really great project to do and I would recommend doing that to anyone as it is something to keep forever.

I haven't picked a project for this year but I'm thinking about Christmas food hampers but on the lookout for ideas to steal.

Awe, that sounds so nice! I ordered mine from sears, and did their name on it with what came with it. Jakes was glitter glue, and Kays was white sticker letter lol... they are baby's first Christmas ones, but we use them still.

Feel free to stalk away :thumbup:

It was snowing out west today! Alberta I think! I am so jealous! I don't want it to be real cold but I love when it is snowing lightly in the evening :cloud9:

I am not sipping some hot chocolate with whipped cream and 2 shots of mint from Tim Hortons! Mmmmmmm soooooo goooooood!

It was snowing out west today! Alberta I think! I am so jealous! I don't want it to be real cold but I love when it is snowing lightly in the evening :cloud9:

I am not sipping some hot chocolate with whipped cream and 2 shots of mint from Tim Hortons! Mmmmmmm soooooo goooooood!

They do mint shots in the hot chocolate at Tim's now?!? I've not been over in winter time for so long now...it must be new! Argghh...jealous! I used to love the After Eight hot chocolate you could buy at Sobeys but haven't been able to find it for a few years. Just need to get the Sobeys Christmas commercial on and the season will be in full swing :)

They have mint shots, and a few other flavors! I can't wait until the candycane hot chocolate comes out though, it is my all time fav! The mint shots do until then though lol...

After eight ones sound delish!!

Yuck don't like the thoughts of candycane. Never even liked that ice cream flavour! Defo would do mint though!

My Pinterest :)

I need to try and find pics on here of the wrapping paper and cards I am buying! Well, maybe not the cards lol as my SS would end up knowing it was from me ;) but the wrapping paper is a must! It's expensive, but worth it as it doesn't tear up!

SO I am thinking of having some drinks Christmas Eve but I want them to be festive for OH and I to have once the kids are in bed. Anyone have any good ideas on a yummy tasting drink? We aren't wine drinkers lol...

Bought my SS card today and another one ;) I am sooooo excited to send them out!! :thumbup:

It was terribly cold today... I loved it!

Mark and I have decided we want to do a small dinner party with friends close to Christmas. Mark wants ham, so we decided we will make a glazed ham :) I've made them before and they are soooo yummy, and super pretty!

https://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/baby_maybe_825/Glazed_Ham_with_DijonPineapple_SauceB.jpg
Doesn't that just look sooo yummy? Mmmmmm I can't wait!

We are going to do some Herb and garlic mashed potatoes with it too!
https://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/baby_maybe_825/herbandgarlicmashedpotatoes.jpg

And.... Roasted veggies! Mmmmm!
https://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/baby_maybe_825/roastedveggies.jpg

For dessert, I am thinking an apple crumble. I would love to do mini pumpkin cheesecakes, but one of my friends coming hates anything pumpkin :( lol
https://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/baby_maybe_825/applecrumble.jpg

I plan to do a Christmas punch, and I want to add some booze to it :haha: but not too sure on the flavor of it yet. Would like some opinions. I will post the recipe for the punch too :D
https://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/baby_maybe_825/CHristmaspunch.jpg

Ingredients
•4-1/2 cups tropical punch
•1 cup cranberry juice
•1 can (6 ounces) pineapple juice
•1/3 cup lemon juice
•2 to 3 cups chilled ginger ale
•1 pint raspberry sherbet
Directions
•In a 2-qt. container, combine the punch and juices. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, transfer to a small punch bowl. Stir in ginger ale; top with scoops of sherbet. Yield: About 2 quarts.

Anyone have any other ideas that would make dinner special and festive?

I've got a fantastic recipe for a Sling Slush punch I do every year for Christmas. Let me know if you want it and I'll pm it to you!

ooh any chance you could send me the recipe of how to do the ham? Have never done it but would love to have a try! x

What You Need

1cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup maple-flavored or pancake syrup
1/4 cup GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
1 whole fully cooked boneless ham (5 lb.)
Whole cloves
12 maraschino cherries, halved
1Tbsp. cornstarch1can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°F.

MIX sugar, syrup and mustard until well blended.
Use paring knife to make shallow even diagonal cuts across top of ham in one direction. Repeat, making slits in opposite direction to form diamond shapes.

INSERT cloves where cuts meet. Place ham on rack in shallow pan. Place cherries, cut-sides down, on surface of ham.

BAKE 2 hours or until ham is heated through, brushing occasionally with 1/2 cup syrup mixture after 1-1/2 hours. About 10 min. before ham is done, mix remaining syrup mixture with cornstarch and pineapple in saucepan; bring to boil on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir on medium-low heat 5 min. or until thickened.

SLICE ham. Serve with sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4