Mothers day card from grandchildren?

mummytobe

2 little girls
Reaction score
Do you get a mothers day card to their nanny ? I used to get one for my nan when i was younger :shrug: But i kinda think against it with getting my MIL one as shes not my LOs mum (despite her thinking she is)

So what do you do ?

No.
Its MOTHERS day. My mum gets a card from me.
I do buy cards to my mum from LO for other occasions (birthday, christmas), but I don't do anything for MIL because she is so bloody rude to me.

Yes, my mum and stepmum get cards from the children. They both are lovely grandparents and do tons for the kids throughout the year so I think it's a nice excuse to thank them for that.

My ex can sort things out for his mum from them so she probably won't get anything :shrug:

I will leave it up to DH if his mum gets a card from baby next year, I've only met her once.

Isn't there a grandparents day? I wouldn't give MIL or my mum a card from LO on mothers day because they're not his mum.

I always used to buy my nan a mothers day card and present every year because she was more like a mom to me then my actual mom was.

I got mil mothers days cards from the kids for maybe the first year but then I stopped because it is Mothers Day and she is not their mom, I am. I used to buy her card and present every year from me and my husband but now we have separated I doubt she will get anything.

i always do. i buy my gran one too. they are grandMOTHERS after all.

I always get my mum a card from the twins but if FOB's mum gets one that is down to him.

I use to always get my grandma a card for mothersday and I personally will carry it on when I also have children.

Im gunna buy both Izzys grandmas a card and a grandma cup. Its my MIL's first grandchild and my mums 7th lol but i wanna make them feel special :)

PP has already said this but, no i don't & never will
mother's day should be for daughters to say thankyou to their mothers for bringing them up, helping them, being there for them etc
i don't believe it should be clouded by grandchildren buying grandmothers cards same as fathers day shouldn't be grandsons getting grandfathers cards.
i guess it's each to their own though as that's just my opinion :) not exactly a bad thing buying a card for their grandmother it's just something i wouldn't do personally xx

no, i buy a card for my mam and get one off my daughter. I dont do the whole grandparents thing on mothers/fathers day.

Yeah we'll be buying cards for the grandmothers (my mother and MIL) from LO.
I see what people mean by just keeping it just for mother's though and not bringing grandparents in to it, but i think they would be a little upset if they didn't get at least a card from LO (well MIL would be furious):dohh: It is kinda silly how 'mothers day' isn't just kept for mothers, but saying that i bought LO a valentines day card so i can't say anything lol :haha:

nope NEVER! Its mothers day there is a GRANparents day if they so wish to be spoiled. Mothers day is about the mum of the child/ren not about the grandparents..

I find it funny this never comes up about fathers day? It always seems to me the nan's,grans (90% of the time the MILS) who want to think the grandchildren are their children

Do you get a mothers day card to their nanny ? I used to get one for my nan when i was younger :shrug: But i kinda think against it with getting my MIL one as shes not my LOs mum (despite her thinking she is)

So what do you do ?

I think I remember a thread before where you said your MIL was a bit OTT with your LO? So in your case, no I wouldn't buy one. But I will get one for Grandma from my LO simply because we've had a really tough time of it lately, losing my Nan so think she needs it. Plus my Mum knows and respects her boundaries with my daughter so there's no risk with it.

I usually get my nan one (and grandad for fathers day), my mum is her only child and i think its a nice way to say thank you. She was an important part of my life when i was little, she used to look after me during the holidays, picked me up from my childminders on Wednesdays and took me to my swimming lessons, cooked me and my brothers our tea, helped me with maths (she was a teacher)

I bought MIL and FIL a card from LO last mothers day and fathers day, they looked at me like i had two heads. Won't be doing that again this year haha.

I don't see anything wrong with it really, its a nice gesture :)

A bit ot but last year while buying my mom a MD card I noticed you can get anything nowadays "happy mothers day from grandkids" "happy mothers day from your daughter in law "happy mothers day from you niece/nephew"
EVEN "happy mothers day from the cat/dog"

I also saw "happy mothers day from bump" :cloud9:
Which I thought was so cute!
I hope DH buys it for me :blush: if not I might just buy it myself and leave it lying around for DH to write :haha:

Nope. Never bought one for my Nannan so won't be buying from DD either. I'll just get my mum & OH can sort his mum.

Nope, but I don't get my own mam a Mother's Day Card. I don't see the point in the day tbh, I'd rather show my mam appreciation throughout the year, same with my boys to me (via DH at this point).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->