Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Oh my goodness, just took both kids to Audrey's 2 month doctor appointment. That was not fun. Audrey is healthy, but so many tears from both girls! Ahhh! I need a nap.

Hehe I know what you mean bobster- I wouldn't want DH disposing of the brown/red coloured water either or using a sieve to fish out any floaters :blush: Do they have a midwife led birthing unit at your hospital as well as the main delivery suite? That's the set up at my hospital and would be a good compromise if I get the chance.
Besides I really don't think I could do it without the gas and air and I'm not sure the midwife brings that to your home?

Scan scheduled for Tuesday 20th October. Kind of looking forward to getting some up to date facts!

Saw a lady in the park with a tandem buggy called 'oyster max' looks good. I don't think very expensive or heavy. I tried out one of those phil & teds and they were really heavy even without the kids in! Do you think Jack will need to be in the buggy by next April?

Have you got your 12 week scan before or after your holidays?

Oh my goodness, just took both kids to Audrey's 2 month doctor appointment. That was not fun. Audrey is healthy, but so many tears from both girls! Ahhh! I need a nap.

Goodness mlm, you've earned yourself the evening off once dh gets home, a bath in a dim lit bathroom and a cup of tea!

Great news on scan Jane. Yes I can't see my OH going near a sieve lol! No midwife led unit here unfortunately. Is that what you will go for next time?

I think I'll just try Jack with a buggy board as he's a bit big for pushchair now. Mir just worries me when he acts up that he won't stand on it.

Poor you mlm!!! Sounds like a stressful day. Do you take them in a double buggy? Was Audrey ok after jabs? Do they do the meningitis b one for you guys? I was wondering about paying for it for jack.

Scan is also 20th. I had a cheeky one today at 11 weeks though at work. Baby was swallowing the fluid!

Happy birthday to jack for yesterday! Did he love being made a fuss over and all his gifts? How's he going on the balance bike?

Mackjess hope you are feeling better and Mlm you have recovered since Audrey's doctors visit!

Thanks Jane. Yes he had a nice day. He didn't seem bothered about the bike but loved lots of new toys (mainly trucks, diggers and tractors haha).

Mack how are you doing? What cd are you now?

Mlm have you recovered from the traumatic experience at the Drs haha?

Jane where are you in your cycle? Are you doing opks now hubby's back?

Im stuck in a major traffic jam on the a1! Weather horrendous now! Bloody England

It's really miserable now after all that beautiful autumnal sunshine the last two weeks. Hope you didn't get to your destination too late!

AF due tomorrow and feeling a bit glum.

Oh no I hate periods! Did it arrive on time? It's weird how hormones affect us so much.

One more af closer to your BFP jane :hugs:

I'm much better. Thanks ladies. He didn't do an exam thank goodness. Since I went to walk in hours at my doc I didn't have choice of who I saw. Seemed like a common issue so he told me to only buy Cottonelle and prescribed a topical.

Mlm, is norah home the whole time you're on leave? I think when#2 comes along Finn will still be at daycare but maybe part time. That's got to be so hard.

Glad Jack had a good birthday. I've been thinking about a balance bike, but it's going to be cold here soon. Let me know how he likes it. :)

Jane how was your cycle. Is your scan soon?

So I'm dumb and can't read calendars. Dh has been traveling every week since I got back from my trip, and I swear my fertile window was almost two weeks ago when he was gone. But it fell at the end of the month so it was showing the Oct days at the end of the sept calendar. Ugh!! I would have rushed to the doc sooner bc Sat-Sun would have been the best time to dtd. Ugh! :)

Ugh, that's annoying about your fertile window Mack!

Yes, Norah has been with me full time since Audrey was 4 weeks old. It is exhausting, that's for sure. We have a little routine now though, so that helps with my sanity. Poor Audrey takes a lot of naps in her car seat because we are constantly out running errands and stuff. She's been pretty fussy lately though, and car rides are one thing that always put her to sleep. And Norah loves going out and about, so she enjoys it.

I'm officially putting my 2 weeks notice in at work on Monday, eeek! I have a sense of guilt about it. I'm kind of nervous to talk to my boss!

Have to post one more update- Audrey had her first night in her crib last night and it went really well! She went down at 9 and did wake up twice (at 1 and 5) but went right back to sleep after nursing. Woo hoo! I'm sure she won't wake up as much once she gets used to it. But I'm very happy it wasn't as scary as I expected 😃

Yay Audrey! She's so good already! Jack did t sleep that well until later on. Are you giving formula as well as bf?

Mack glad you got sorted. So frustrating though that you missed peak time.

Jane not long until your scan. Hope you get some answers. are you still doing low gi where possible?

Yey for Audrey, that's a great nights sleep in her crib.
How did giving your notice go? How are you feeling about giving up work completely? How long do you plan to be off for?
Got to be hard juggling the needs of two children and that I am not looking forward to but it will be great when they are older and can chase each other around in the park.

I had a job interview and waiting to hear the outcome but I was pretty rusty to say the least so don't think I will get it.

Happy 12 weeks bobster, I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

I'm on cd6 and have the colposcopy for the cervix tomorrow and the scan next Tuesday 20th. Looking forward to them strangely. DH and I have been having hypothetical conversations about whether we would try IVF (hopefully it won't come to that though!).
Not been so good with the eating bobster- I'm very bad at comfort eating and I'm feeling down about TTC. My actual 3 meals are balanced are relatively healthy, it's all the snacking in between and portions I need to sort out.

Pleased you are feeling better mackjess. Totally sucks about your fertile window- why do calenders confuse us like that! on to the next cycle...I'm predicting a Christmas BFP for you! I hope DH is still making an effort.

Greg's birthday on Friday...I think at this age the parents are more excited than the child :winkwink:

Happy birthday Greg!! :) :) Is DH back in town now?

MLM-How awesome for you and your girls. I hope you have a great time home and that the notice wasn't too bad.

Bobster, 12 weeks. WOOOT! Have you told everyone yet? Friends and fam and everything.

AFM-thinking about skipping trying this month. Is that bad? I think Finn was conceived around Oct 30th, and my window this month is 27th-31st. I don't think I'd want babies with the same birthdays. You hope to raise good kids that wouldn't mind almost sharing birthdays, but I'd hate for there to be any resentment, especially while they are younger. Very conflicted about this month!

I don't think close birthdays would bother me mackjess. My brother who is 2 years older than me, our birthdays are 1 week apart and then my sister is a month later than us so it actually worked well for my parents to have them close together as we went to a small school so all children were friends and could have one party with the same people invited.
As we got older we did our own thing according to our personalities. I guess it's how you decide to manage it as parents. There will always be conflicts as they grow up over all sorts.
But that's just my personal preference. To be honest right now I would give anything for a BFP, close birthdays or not.

Sorry I hope that didn't come across as bitchy.

Do what's best for your family :flower:

Happy birthday to Greg 😀 hope the colposcopy went well and the rest of your testing goes well too.

Mack, I agree, I wouldn't worry about the birth dates. I personally don't think it would bother me. Although this is coming from the person with kids birthdays as far apart as possible, haha

Happy 2nd tri bobster! Yes, I am supplementing with some formula. I think I will gradually go to only formula, just not sure when.

Talking to my boss went fine. She was extremely nice and understanding. And I am now jobless, ahh!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->