Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Oh glad you're eating well still. That will help keep your strength up. Sorry about your grandma. Must have been tough. Hope the funeral went as well as could be.

Thanks, I love Harry too. Its so popular though which is putting us off ever so slightly but it will always be classic which I like.

Have you told dexter you're expecting yet or will you wait?

Harry is my dad's name! can't go wrong there.

I go to the hospital at 8 pm tonight and they put some kind of gel up there to soften and thin my cervix overnight. last week when it was checked it hadn't started at all so it will be interesting to see if this new pelvic pain I've had means anything has changed. I shouldn't even feel or notice anything from the gel doing it's work.

tomorrow they start me in meds to induce. usually it starts pretty slow and takes awhile and gets intense at the end. so probably late afternoon or early evening tomorrow Finn will be here.

so far I'm more excited than nervous.* hope that continues!

usually I don't eat gluten since I have some mild food sensitivities, but I've been able to enjoy it lots while prego since my immune system is lower, I have not reacted to foods that usually bother me.

starting tomorrow I'm back on my restricted diet since I don't want any of that in my breast milk. all I can think about today is everything I want to go eat while I still can!

OMG you're going to be a mum tomorrow! It is so exciting!!! It doesn't seem that long since you were posting pics of your shadow lines on the other thread..

At least you go in later this evening so you get longer in the comfort of your own home. You never know your pelvic pain might mean that your cervix has started to change. Hope so. Glad you're not too nervous. You have nothing to be nervous about as you'll be in great hands when you start labour.

I hate all these horror stories about women being sent away and then delivering in car parks and what not. At least you know once you've got your room you're staying put!

Hope you've got all your bags sorted and hubby's nibbles lol. Sounds like you're very organised which is good. So tonight is the last time you'll be leaving home as a couple... you'll be coming home a family!

:wohoo:

I'm feeling pretty good. Listened to baby's heartbeat on the doppler again last night which is always very reassuring. I have my 12 week scan on Friday with the downs testing. Not worried about the testing, just excited to see baby! After that scan we will make the news official to everyone, so very excited about that.

I'm so excited for you Mack! I also can't believe how far you've come from that first positive test - wow, time flies. I'm sure you won't be able to post updates right away, but know we will be thinking of you! So excited to hear all about Finn and his arrival!

Phez, it is really good you are able to eat. Smells are crazy when preggo though, ugh! Sorry about your grandma- I'm sure the funeral was very difficult. Hope you get some time to yourself to try to relax a bit.

Wow Mlm, can't believe you are 12 weeks already, it's absolutely flown past (for me), def have to post your scan pic and we can try and guess the sex if you want us too. How is your bloating?

I've been really emotional lately too and stress at work and having work men in to fix our house up is not helping but just got to keep plodding on. Not felt like eating too much with the heat.

I like Harry, Jack and Seth too but certainly Harry and Jack are very popular the last couple years. We have a short list of about 8 names, but our favourites are Luke and Nathan. We like Rowan and Toby but friends already used these names so feel we shouldn't.

My bump had another spurt but it goes in at my belly button so is like a B shape- wondering if thats from where I had some keyhole surgery to remove my appendix :shrug:. Hope the bump evens out as I get bigger.

Im excited for you mackjess, doesn't seem that long ago on the original thread when we were all talking about our losses and you got pregnant again quite soon after- where has all that time gone? and now look, Finn's arrival is around the corner. I really hope all goes well for you. You must come and give us an update when you get the time and tell us all about the birth and breast feeding etc. I can't imagine the emotions that will be flooding your hospital room the next couple days. Best wishes :flower:

Thank you ladies. Everything feels very magical right now for sure. I can't wait til you all get here!

DH and I are going to see The Heat in a few hours. Quite excited about it. It's at a dinner theater and they bring your meal while you are watching the movie. I figure it will be our last date for awhile, and I've heard how hilarious the movie is. Maybe I'll laugh the baby out.

Mack hope you managed to laugh the baby out!

Thinking of you today and can't wait to hear your update when you get chance.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you today :)

No laughing the baby out. When I checked in last night, my cervix had started to soften which is good news since it was still hard on Friday. They went ahead and put the gel on it to soften and thin it out more. THis morning they started me on saline and were checking my BP and getting me on a fetal and contraction monitors, and I was already having contractions! Before they started the oxytocin to induce me!! Yahoo. The nurse said it could indicate that I have a high pain tolerance as they are now 4 minutes apart and I'm not feeling a thing. Let's hope she is right! They did just start me on the meds to induce about 30 minutes ago, and the doc should be in sometime this hour to see if I'm dilating at all, let's hope so.

Phez, I hope you are doing ok this week. Funerals are always hard, and it seems like the days after are when it can sink in. Glad you got that new bean to bring you joy.

Ahhhhh such exciting things happening Mack! Keep strong mama, he's almost here!

So exciting Mackjess, love the updates! I was 2 weeks overdue with Dexter and when the contractions started, I certainly knew about them although I couldn't really call it pain, a very strange sensation.
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone, it's true, the days after the funeral have been very hard but feeling better today because I am choosing not to dwell on it. She lived to 93 and passed peacefully where we all expected it, could have been so much worse.
Got a question for mlm, sorry to bring it up but did you have any symptoms with your mmc? Or did they just disappear one day? I'm still feeling reassuringly sick at the moment and smells still make me gag.
I'm gonna be the size of a house soon, I need carbs all the time!
Had my first nightmare that I was losing the baby last night, took a while to come round from that one

I'm about 3 hours in on oxytocin. I feel the contractions now, but I've been napping so not sure how often they are. the blood pressure cuff squeezes me every 20 minutes or I think I'd be full on asleep.funny thing, the nurse says it's great I can sleep now, but every time the blood pressure cuff goes off it squeezes me so bad I almost start crying! weird. They adjusted it a few times but it's killing me.they are checking me again in about 2 hours for dilation and discuss when I want epidural. she said the check bp every 3 minutesafter epi, if that's true I'm ripping the damn cuff off!

I did have some nausea with my mmc, although not nearly as bad as with this pregnancy. However, I also had a lot of pain throughout the weeks- in week 5-6 I had pain that was almost like a uti after I used the bathroom, then the couple of weeks after that I would get sharp uterine pains. I remember walking in a park with my mom and having to sit down and eventually go home early because of the pain. So in retrospect, this was a clear indication something was wrong, but I had no experience being pregnant so I was trying to not make a big deal out of it.

So in my opinion, it seems like you are fine Phez. I also had a dream a few nights ago about losing this one. So realistic and terrible! Can't wait til we get to where Mack is today!

Mackjess thanks for the updates , keep up the good work:thumbup:

Hope all goes well for your scan tomorrow Mlm.

No dilation. They will keep me on meds till 5 pm, if no change they'll take me off, let me eat, and try again tomorrow. =(

Hope you guys have plenty of things to keep you occupied :coffee:. Maybe overnight it will kick off by itself.

meds backed off so they could taper me offand 30 minutes later my water popped. yay!

Oh mack, I wonder if the dilation will all just happen quite quickly.

Are the contractions very painful? Maybe they could keep swapping arms with the BP cuff so its not as sore. I bet its so annoying though when you're trying to drift off.

Yes good luck for tomorrows scan mlm. Please update when you can.

Phez dreams like that are horrible. Your symptoms sound so promising though that everythings going well. I hope your 12 week scan hurries up so you can see your bubs.

I've been off work the last 2 days feeling really poorly and full of cold :( I have felt really achey in my back too. Its awful in the heat. Hoping I'm better by the weekend as going to london to spend some time with some friends. Grr is anyone else finding the heat too much? (sound so British moaning about the weather)!

Water broke, but I didn't dilate much. they stopped the oxytocin for the night and I just finished dinner. they are giving me the cervix softener stuff overnight again, and if no baby by 3pm tomorrow csection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->