Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Oh my gosh Jane I can't believe you're having a boy! How excitng! Lovely pic massive congratulations!!!

P.s. boys are the best! Saw the most cheeky little man at work today. He was such a smiler! Bet you nearly fell off the couch when they told u!

Phez glad you are feeling positive. The nausea is such a good sign. Getting past these milestones is such a big thing for us isn't it.

Thanks bobster, I was a bit taken a back when she said and my eyes filled with tears because up until I had my scan at 13 weeks I was convinced it was a boy but at the NT scan the head looked quite feminine so started to think girl after that but was secretly hoping boy. Guess that skull theory isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I said to DH that I know nothing about boys and how to clean their bits? :blush:

Oh so happy for you. I think its nice to have a boy first. I think boys are more fun and cheeky. I'm so suprised too as your 12 week scan pic did point to a girl. I was convinced! There you go mums first instinct is more reliable than any silly skull theories! Wouldn't it be funny if we all had boys on this thread? I'm betting out of the 5 of us though there will be 3 boys and 2 girls. It must be mlm and phez having girlies. Do you guys have any feelings yet?

I hope I'm having a boy as I've bought quite a lot of blue clothing last weekend. Mothercare have a half price.sale!

Sorry to keep rabbiting on Jane but was it obvious on your scan it was a boy or did the sonographer have to point it out to you? I wish I found out now to know for sure, its torture!

Sorry to keep rabbiting on Jane but was it obvious on your scan it was a boy or did the sonographer have to point it out to you? I wish I found out now to know for sure, its torture!

It was only obvious once she showed us his winky :blush:
I couldn't imagine not knowing, just made it so real now we do.

Awwweee congrats Jane! I hope to have a girl down the road but I was SOOO excited when I found out our first was going to be a boy. Maybe it's because I have a really awesome big brother.

Phez, that first milestone is such a relief. Glad you are feeling so crappy, it sounds like you have a super sticky bean that is going to make it through all the milestones.

MLM - Have you had any girl/boy feelings yet? One thing with me that my friends said meant boy (they'd had boy and girl babies of their own) was how often I had to start shaving my legs!! I'm like sasquatch by day 2, and normally I could shave once a week and maybe swipe a razor on my shins every few days. Jane or Bobster, did you have that issue too?

When we found out what sex Dexter was, they did a "toilet shot"! Aimed the camera up between his legs, poor boy! It might be possible to confuse the cord with boy bits. Personally I'm not sure we would have known without that shot. Sorry, I wasn't around when you had your 20 week scan so am a bit clueless about it. I take it you didn't ask to find out?

Oh so happy for you. I think its nice to have a boy first. I think boys are more fun and cheeky. I'm so suprised too as your 12 week scan pic did point to a girl. I was convinced! There you go mums first instinct is more reliable than any silly skull theories! Wouldn't it be funny if we all had boys on this thread? I'm betting out of the 5 of us though there will be 3 boys and 2 girls. It must be mlm and phez having girlies. Do you guys have any feelings yet?

I hope I'm having a boy as I've bought quite a lot of blue clothing last weekend. Mothercare have a half price.sale!

I have no idea. Feeling a bit more sick this time, but all other symptoms are the same. DH thinks it's a girl (?wishful thinking?). The timing of BD leads me to think we'll have another boy as it was pretty close to ovulation. I just don't know. Not desperate to find out but we will in due course!

had my last appt today before I check in Wednesday night. she said his head is still up high, despite the fact that I've been walking and using my ball. that can indicate a size issue so she's warned me I still might need a csection. I sure hope not. it's so blessedly hot there is no way I can walk now. my feet are like balloons and hurt just from going to the appt and lunch. I'll be sad of I don't get to have him naturally.

so it looks like indoor bouncy ball for me till next week. hope I can get him to drop!

At first I though boy, but now I have a feeling it's a girl. Don't really know why, just a feeling I have.

Can't believe it is so close Mack! It must be tough being so pregnant in the summer heat, I feel for you. At least the end is near though.

Hmmm that's an interesting theory. I've not heard about hair growth so much being linked to boys. I have been a bit hairier now you come to mention it and my regrowth of hair after getting it highlighted seems to he coming through faster.

Is anyone else worried about suddenly losing loads of hair after giving birth? A woman at work said that 3 months after loads of her hair started shedding!

Oh Mack I hope he drops too. At least the nurse prewarned you that a csection may be needed so if you do have one it won't be as much as a shock. I guess you don't have much more time to wait so hang in there. I cab only imagine how uncomfortable you must be with your feet. I have mild swelling and thats bad enough. Keep bouncing girlie.

Mlm one theory is that if beans heart beat is over 150 its meant to be a girl so you never know. Are you bothered what you have?

Phez I'm sure I remember the lady doing a potty shot to measure the legs at the 20 week scan and I couldn't see anything but maybe she purposefully didn't angle it to make it obvious as we didn't want to know. Thought I saw a penis on the scan I had at work and the scans look more boyish.

Just asked OH and he said he'd prefer not to know now but I'm Sooo curious now!

Eeeek mackjess, you're so close. What will happen when you go in Wednesday? Do you report to the hospital in the morning and then an examination will determine what happens next? Is your blood pressure ok?

Either way you get to meet your little man next week- so exciting.
As bobster says, at least you can mentally prepare yourself for the c section rather than it being sprung on you as a last minute emergency.

Although my bump has not got any bigger, I noticed today that I've gotten that little coloured line down the middle of my belly- its not too dark yet. Also my boob outside of the aeroela is discolouring and I've got dried, crusty material in the centre of the nipple- oh my good, I'm really pregnant :blush:

I have all of those things too Jane. The libe has only just starting to appear and its faint too. I wonder what causes it?

I check in Wednesday night so they can put a gel on my cervix that softens it and thins it overnight so that will make the labor a bit easier. Thursday morning they start giving me oxytocin to start the contracions. it seems so close, but 5 more sleeps till I see baby also feels like forever.

bounced on my my ball a lot last night since we got take out and rented a movie. I felt more pressure in my pelvis after doing that, so he may have just been up higher when I was at my appt. I'm still not too concerned about a surgery, people have big babies all the time, and even though I'm short I'm not tiny or anything.

Is Finn still moving a lot, kicking etc? Must be insane having a birth weight baby moving inside you. Does it hurt when he moves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->