Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

I'm kind of hoping I have a girl now- I have my name all picked out and can't think of one I love for a boy.

Glad the appointment went well jane.
O
Mlm I agree girls names are much easier. I already had a short list of those before even ttc. Boys are difficult. Liking your name choice tjough jane. Not too common but still traditional and classic. Like quinn too phez but thought that was a boys name. I guess you could use it for either sex though.

Mlm do you have a feeling its a girl or no feeling? I think there's l got to be a couple of girls due to law of averages. I am hoping for a boy and then a girl as I like the thought of my daughter having an older brother. Would be happy the other way around too though. I think most people want one of each but I guess when they come we wont care what they are as long as they're healthy.

Glucose test was negative. Yay! So not diabetic. Huge relief and think I am going to stop testing my wee now and interfering as it only gets me into trouble with worry.

Phez its good you have had a few days resting. Bet it was nice for grandma and grandad to ses dexter. Do you see them regularly?

mlm I hope your baby is in the right position to tell the sex when you go

Ditto what Mlm said, bobster. :happydance:
Happy Friday ladies.

I like Quinn, for a girl right? Girls names are so much easier!

I don't mind telling you ladies what we chose, we've gone for Gregory Luke as his first and middle name. It will be Greg for daily use and if he gets older and doesn't like it then people can call him Luke. As I say a few people are not so keen on Gregory but we like it.

How was the glucose test bobster?

All went well at the 24 week appointment, urine was clear and heartbeat strong :happydance:

Gregory has been a possibility for us too, great name!
Was thinking Quinn for a boy but is for both I think..
24 weeks for you now, so amazing!

Glad the appointment went well jane.
O
Mlm I agree girls names are much easier. I already had a short list of those before even ttc. Boys are difficult. Liking your name choice tjough jane. Not too common but still traditional and classic. Like quinn too phez but thought that was a boys name. I guess you could use it for either sex though.

Mlm do you have a feeling its a girl or no feeling? I think there's l got to be a couple of girls due to law of averages. I am hoping for a boy and then a girl as I like the thought of my daughter having an older brother. Would be happy the other way around too though. I think most people want one of each but I guess when they come we wont care what they are as long as they're healthy.

Glucose test was negative. Yay! So not diabetic. Huge relief and think I am going to stop testing my wee now and interfering as it only gets me into trouble with worry.

Phez its good you have had a few days resting. Bet it was nice for grandma and grandad to ses dexter. Do you see them regularly?

mlm I hope your baby is in the right position to tell the sex when you go

Brilliant news about the GI test, you must be relieved.
See them every month or so, they are 2 hrs away so lovely to see them and for Dexter, happy days...
I also wanted an older brother when I was little so glad had boy first. I've a feeling I'm in for another boy, law of averages may not apply in this thread! Only 10 weeks till we find out (fingers crossed)

Oooh sooo excited to see your scan picture and analyse it! I've read a lot about the nub/skull theory which is interesting. Not sure how reliable they are but its fun trying to guess genders from peoples scans. Exciting!

I think this is normal, but OW round ligament pain! I got woken up last night with a muscle cramp along the right side of my abdomen that I had to stretch out and today my left side hurts. Little bean must be going through a growth spurt or something.

great news bobster. and I think the name Gregory is very nice. it's not too popular or too uncommon in the states.

Thanks ladies, it just feels like the right name for our little man.

I did something silly and watched some vaginal birthing videos on you tube. They were particulary horrible ones, they showed the lady being cut and yanking this poor baby out of her- I think it was like Korea or somewhere. I'm sure most births are not as horrific as the videos that were posted but these properly freaked me out. Will need to find some that look more controlled and calm now just to readdress the balance.

How are you doing mackjess?

Ouch mlm, I remember rib pain. It felt like i'd been doing loads of sit ups. I think its as your womb is moving up, stretching. Sounds normal to me if you think about all the changes our bodies are going through.

I have had a few leg cramps recently which is really uncomfortable too.

Mackjess lovely to hear from you. I was thinking about you today- wondering how you are getting on with motherhood. Hope you are feeling a bit brighter.

Jane oh no! I am tempted to watch now- I'm like a child with wet paint lol Best to avoid methinks. I'm sure they show the most dramatic births on there.... lets hope so!

Thanks ladies. Hanging in there. Little man is HUNGRY all the time and attached to my boob like I'm a human pacifier, but I'm getting used to it and less depressed. I figured I took all this time off work to spend with him, so I have nothing better to do the next month or so anyway. His one month check up is already the Tuesday after next week! I can't believe it. If he is still eating non stop at his 2 month appt I think I'll ask about supplementing with formula or something, but I feel much better and optimistic about breastfeeding.

Oh I'm glad! Sounds like he's thriving! And all this feeding will do wonders for your stomach muscles so I've heard! Glad you've taken to it ok. I worry about not managing it when I really want to BF.

Have you thought about expressing so hubby can take some of the feeds off your hands?

Yes, we do one daddy bottle a day, so I can shower/nap/errand when he gets home from work. I would do more, but with him feeding so much it's hard to find time to pump! LOL, but his tummy will grow and we will have more time between feedings soon.

I'm hoping to be able to pump enough so DH can do some night feedings for me. How much is Finn sleeping Mack?

My bump grew overnight. Still little, but more pregnant like I hope. I took the pic a day early, close enough to 15 weeks : )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
Only 67 days to go for you bobster- crazy!

Have a lovely weekend ladies.

Mlm your bump is really cute! Its definitely taking on an early baby bump shape. You have a lovely figure by the way.

67 doesn't sound that long away! Scary! 110 days for you!

I have been cleaning and organising things today which feels good I must say. We've ordered the cot, drawers and wardrobe so that will be here on the 20th so we can then start the nursery!

Do you think I'm doing things too early- honest opinions? Hope I'm not as it would be just awful for something to go wrong and have to live with a nursery. Can't help but worry I'm still going to jinx it. EDD is 16/10/13 so still got 2 whole months to go. On the other hand feel slightly panicked about the thought of leaving it until my mat leave as may be really tired by then.

Jane have you thought about nurseries/child care for after your mat leave? I'm thinking I might go and look around a few but i'm not sure what kind of questions I need to be asking or what I should be looking for exactly. Someone told me the waiting lists can be huge so I am going to get my name down asap.

Mlm your bump is very cute! Am envious as today I am in maternity jeans and I look massive (I would rather a petite one like yours!) In hiding now as it's so obvious. So the rumours about showing earlier with the 2nd are very true. 11 days till scan, countdown begins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->