Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Yay counting down with you Phez! Not long. Used to feel like forever during the dreaded 2ww but pregnancy weeks seem to be rolling on by. Lets hope this 11 days does too :)

Oops I'm jumping ahead of myself, tomorrow will be 11 days!

Thanks for the confidence boost ladies! My figure definitely looks better from the side angle, haha.

Bobster, I definitely do NOT think you're doing anything too early. I'll probably be done with everything when I'm as far along as you I'm so anxious to get started buying and decorating!

This month is flying by, looking forward to seeing your scan pic very soon mrs phez.

I don't think your doing it too soon bobster, I said to DH today that we should start buying from 30 weeks and that's where your at. Where did you order your nursery furniture from?

We had a demonstration of the bugaboo chameleon 3 this afternoon in mothercare- DH loves it and is convinced that's what we should get. I'm not so sure. It has lots of great features but it was the only one they did the demonstration/hard sell on (and surprise surprise was the most expensive one they stocked!). I'm not convinced we need one that high spec, anyway we've got time before we buy.

DH did buy me a pregnancy pillow as I've been moaning I'm not comfortable at night, looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Bobster, not thought too much about what happens after mat leave, DH and I agreed to see how we feel once the baby is here- he also wants me to have another one straight away so I think I will be on a career break for a couple years anyway. Do you think you will go back full or part time? Child care is so expensive, I'm not sure if I did go back that I would go full time, after paying for child care my take home pay wouldn't be worth it. Both sets of grandparents are at least 2 hours away so can't rely on them daily :shrug:

Speaking of sleeping pillows, when did you guys start changing your sleeping positions? I feel like I should stop laying flat on my back, but I'm uncomfortable on my side.

The bugaboo is so expensive! I think it was $800-$900 here. I didn't realize how much those things cost, yikes.

I think a career break sounds nice Jane. Gives you time to bond with your babies. I would like to do the same, especially because child care is so expensive as you said.

I also can't wait to see your scan pic Phez! Pregnancy time is sooooo much quicker than 2ww time!

I mostly slept on my side and back and to be honest I had no idea about not sleeping on your back until recently.
I asked the midwife about it last week and she said its ok to sleep on your back until you get bigger and it becomes uncomfortable and your body will tell you when. For me sleeping on my back has become a bit achy so trying to stick to sleeping on my sides.

I've really started to lose my appetite as the baby gets bigger (and guessing pushing my stomach up) did this happen to you bobster?

Hi everyone.

The bugaboo camelon 3 is just beautiful, I love it, but it is wayyy out of our price range. I think once you get all the extra's its about £1000 which seems outrageous for a pram.. although sounds like you're going to get good use out of it over the next few years. I would buy it if we could afford it but not because of practical reasons I just love the way it looks hehe.

I wouldn't worry too much mlm as Jane says I think your body will tell you when you need to switch to side position. I still do sleep on my back sometimes but I try hard to lie on my side as much as possible.

You're right childcare prices are ridiculous. I need to work out how many hours I can do afterwards really. We're lucky in that both sets of parents are close-by so they have offered to help where they can.

Appetite has definitely changed as pregnancy has progressed. I find myself feeling really sick if I eat a big meal so am eating smaller meals more often. There will be much less space I guess. Nausea seems to be coming back a bit on and off its strange. Its not like the travel sick feeling this time though thank god.

I've had an awful day today. Had a nightmare that I had skin cancer and they said it had spread to my breast. They were saying they had to induce the baby so I could have treatment and I couldn't breastfeed. It was really scary...think its because I read a news article about a 25 year old girl who got it from sun beds. Then I dropped my brand new mobile phone (6 days old) and the screen shattered but I don't have insurance for it waaaa. So i'm back using my old brick as I can't afford the repair (£140). So upset I just burst into tears. Must be more hormonal now as I near the end as been really irritable with OH the last couple of days. Sorry guys, rant over! Hope you've all had a better weekend.

Jane how'd the pillow work out for you? I got mine out again but it ended up on the floor again. Not sure what I'm meant to do it with as its so long lol. Have felt comfortable with it between my legs but then its so hot and takes up most of the bed haha.

Just had a look at the camelon 3- love the teal coloured one or the orange one. Oooooh I'm so jealous I want one!

Ah bobster, I hate dreams like that, they are horrible. They feel so real don't they. Rubbish about your phone, have you tried going to a small repairer? DH smashed the glass screen on his iPhone and we were able to get it repaired by a man on a market stall for £25- of course it wasn't a genuine apple screen but it really looked like it and was cheaper than paying the insurance excess.

It was the teal bugaboo they had in the shop- no denying it is a great bit of kit and DH said that if I felt we really needed it then we would justify spending the money but I just don't think we need it. The problem is, the sales people are clever because by demonstrating that to us first, anything else we look at next will just not come close!

Pillow is good thanks, was better the second night as I got used to it a bit more. It has this bit you put under you and goes round to your back so it won't slip away from your body but if you want to roll on to the other side you have to completely re- jigg it all around. I tried just sleeping with it like a sausage without the bit that goes under your body and hugging it but it ended up on the floor too.

Mlm, what day is your scan?

Oooh my pillow doesn't have a bit that you lie on. May have to look into other ones. Think it will come in handy when bf though.

Hmm it really is diffiuky to know with prams. You don't want to buy a cheaper one and then regret it. What are your main priorities? You mentioned fold down size before, is there anything else? Yes sales people are sneaky. It's good you're savvy to it though. Have you looked at any others that you like? Mamas and pappas do loads. Or eBay might get you a cheaper camelon.. I'm hoping I like mine when it comes. Getting nervous as his parents bought us it so dont want to seem disappointed!

How long does it take to arrive or did you specify a date?

I think I'll know the buggy I want once I see it- Its like your wedding dress or buying a house, you just know once you've tried a few out. Not so keen on a 3 wheeler, anything ostentatious, bulky or heavy.

Feel like I've done 100 sit ups tonight.

This pillow is called genii something, it was pricey at £45 but since DH paid its ok :winkwink:

So DH will have to go on a business trip to Chicago, 5 weeks before the baby is due- think it's cutting it a bit too close- what do you ladies think?

How long does it take to arrive or did you specify a date?

I think I'll know the buggy I want once I see it- Its like your wedding dress or buying a house, you just know once you've tried a few out. Not so keen on a 3 wheeler, anything ostentatious, bulky or heavy.

Feel like I've done 100 sit ups tonight.

This pillow is called genii something, it was pricey at £45 but since DH paid its ok :winkwink:

So DH will have to go on a business trip to Chicago, 5 weeks before the baby is due- think it's cutting it a bit too close- what do you ladies think?

How long is he going for? Should be OK, he can always pull out nearer the time if needed?
In Feb I have my brother's wedding (2/3 weeks before due date ) in the Lake District (we live in Norfolk!) and my husband has his very final medical exams before he can qualify to be a consultant eye surgeon(1 week before due date)!!! Freaking out here!!!

5 weeks before isn't too bad as long as he's not going for too long. A lot of babies are overdue if anything. Let's hope your little one hangs on. I can see why you're nervous though as i would be too. Is there not any way he can postpone the trip or go a hit earlier?

Phez wow what a high flying hubbie you have! You must be so proud. Hopefully you don't cone early either! I'm sure you'll make it to the wedding. I have a wedding 6 days before n
mmy due date too. Hoping I go over or come on due date. Will have to wear a tent by then lol! Let's hope we're all on time and not early.

Oh man, I was just looking at the bugaboo chameleon and I so want one!

No wonder you don't need to work mrs phez :winkwink:

From the few first time mums I know, everyone has always delivered late so expect it will be ok. My sis was 6 weeks early but was my mums third and I think maybe it speeds up each time? You might be cutting it close mrs phez!

No wonder you don't need to work mrs phez :winkwink:

From the few first time mums I know, everyone has always delivered late so expect it will be ok. My sis was 6 weeks early but was my mums third and I think maybe it speeds up each time? You might be cutting it close mrs phez!

Closer than a close thing! Dexter was 2 weeks late and my mw said second ones tend to follow the same pattern so I will have to rely on this to keep me calm! Might be having a baby in Carlisle hospital though, crazy! Will have to take our car seat, carrycot etc to the Lakes just in case.
I would be working if my DH's jobs didn't keep moving around. Just couldn't commute to London from Norfolk, everywhere else I have managed to but this was step too far. I'm no shirker, but I do love being a Mum. There are a lot of benefits to working as well, I miss my colleagues hugely and it does impact on your feelings of self-worth.

You all sound so busy! I'm planning on doing absolutely nothing (except for work) the month before my due date.

I had been STARVING the last few weeks and felt the need to eat all the time. Now the last 2 days my appetite seems to have left me completely. Not sure whats up with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->