Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Lovely photo Mackjess. You're obviously doing well with the feeding going by the size of his tummy! Well done!
I'm going to have to say girl for mlm's LO, just to be different, not because I think it looks especially girl-like!

Mackjess he's just gawwwgeous! You must be so proud. How's it going so far? Is he sleeping ok? One of my friends said you can't bath a baby within the first 5 days after birth due to their skin being extra sensitive.. is this true? I thought this was a bit strange as it would be hard to clean the baby using just wipes.

MLM my gut instinct was also boy when I saw the picture but but I'm rubbish at guessing so you will probably have a girlie. I bet you can't wait to find out!

Scans soon for both of you mlm and phez eek!

Eek indeed! 4.5 days now (yes I am doing half days now it's so close). First tri has gone so incredibly quickly. Am starting to feel like I have more energy, nausea disappeared some time ago. But I still feel pregnant and I look big so feeling positive. Seeing DH's family tomorrow, not sure if we're telling them or waiting till after the scan. Think they might guess though.
12 weeks tomorrow, what fruit does tomorrow have in store?

Oooh its tricky. Depends how close you are I guess. We waited until after the scan to tell his family but mainly because we didn't see them until after. I told mine straight away practically.

Are you a plum next time? I remember feeling confused as I always thought plums were smaller than limes! Dexter is so cute in that pic!

My little catalogue model!
OK here's a name for you! Felix!?! Is that a jaw dropper? DH loves it, I'm not so sure although it sounds good with Dexter.

Felix does sound good with dexter! I like it. It's different.

Yes congratulations on 12 weeks!

Not close to DH's family, funny bunch. They go everywhere in a pack and rarely leave Essex. They will be super excited about the news. I would prefer to wait till after scan but DH knows I told my folks so up to him really. We're off soon so we'll see if they notice, they probably won't but they knew it was a possibility in early July. Be interesting to see if they remember! Have a nice Sunday ladies!

12 weeks woo hoo! Go Phez!

Good luck with DHs family. Also, I like Felix because it seems somewhat uncommon to have an "X" in your name, so Felix and dexter make a cute combo.

For boys names, I've liked the name Benjamin for quite sometime. DH likes it as well. However, everywhere we go it seems like someone has a son named Ben! So I'm still stuck on a boys name, darn.

Can't wait to find out the gender so I can really come up with a name.

Cor blimey. We went to beacons festival today. Just got a day ticket. My back and bump were aching so badly towards the end of it. Felt like such an old lady needing to sit down all the time. Feel like ive done about 100 sit-ups too. Even hovering to go for a wee in the smelly portaloo's was so much harder than it used to be. I don't know why I always assume things will just be the same when I have a 16 inch baby inside me but I do! I really am too old for that and am glad to be tucked up in my snug bed now. Nighty night

Gorgeous mack! He's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I especially like the one where one of his eyes is open and the other closed. He looks like he might be having a bit of a grumble but its a funny pic. Definitely one for his future girlfriend!

Did it cost a lot to get professional pics?

How are you finding motherhood? I'm getting nervous about the prospect of being responsible for a baby and worrying I won't take to it naturally. Hope you're finding it all ok and baby blues have gone.

I think I will get away with doing the photos for about $50 a month, but we went a little overboard this month with them being the first ones! And no, I did not take to motherhood naturally. My husband was actually better with Finn the first few weeks. I was good at feeding, changing, burping, keeping his diaper clean. Any time he cried or fussed and all those things were done I was like OMG WHAT DO I DO NOW. Lol. DH would take him and hold, bounce, talk to him, and calm him down. I started doing better about week 3/4, so hang in there mamma. I feel more like a pro now!

Oh god thats exactly what I'm worried about. I know how to do all the practical stuff (I think) but worrying about not being able to settle them. I bet it makes you feel inadequate. Glad you are getting the hang of it now though- that gives me hope that it will come eventually. Scary!

So glad its going well now for you.

I had my ultrasound today to measure my cervix- it was a good 5-6 cm long, phew! That makes me feel so much better. Then the tech did an abdominal ultrasound and baby was doing perfectly well! She did see the gender and printed it out. I have it sealed in an envelope and have decided to wait until Sunday to open it with our parents and siblings. I asked what the chances were of the gender being wrong, and she said "no, I am 100% positive I am right". So that is exciting!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1
I had my ultrasound today to measure my cervix- it was a good 5-6 cm long, phew! That makes me feel so much better. Then the tech did an abdominal ultrasound and baby was doing perfectly well! She did see the gender and printed it out. I have it sealed in an envelope and have decided to wait until Sunday to open it with our parents and siblings. I asked what the chances were of the gender being wrong, and she said "no, I am 100% positive I am right". So that is exciting!!

Wow, that's gonna take some will power not to sneak a peek! What a great photo by the way! Glad you are reassured after you r scan too.

Cute pics, thanks for sharing Mack! I like the blue polo and jeans outfit best, so handsome! He looks like he was thrilled to have all those pics taken : )

Oh god thats exactly what I'm worried about. I know how to do all the practical stuff (I think) but worrying about not being able to settle them. I bet it makes you feel inadequate. Glad you are getting the hang of it now though- that gives me hope that it will come eventually. Scary!

So glad its going well now for you.

Singing worked wonders with Dexter. Row row row your boat got him to sleep every time. Just your smell and sound of your voice will pacify him unless he needs a nappy, feed etc. Then there will be no pacifying! It's a steep learning curve but you'll be fine!

Love the pics Mackjess, his face is so expressive.

Porter loo's are so horrible at the best of times bobster, let alone being pregnant! The worst thing I'm finding is needing a wee quite badly and then there is hardly anything and was so not worth it!

You can't have long left at work now?

I just downloaded a hypnobirthing book to my kindle- feeling terrified of giving birth since watching those graphic birth videos on You tube and thought some of the relaxation techniques might help.

Bobster, when do you write your birth plan and pack your hospital bag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->