Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

ah love the pic mlm- you are so good not to rip that envelope open!

MLM great picture. Its so clear! Can't believe you are being so strong not looking in the envelope. Good for you though, it will be worth it to share the surprise with your family. Did you see any signs on the scan yourself or were you trying not to look?

Jane not long no. Official date to leave work is the 13th sept but I might try and work until the 20th instead. We'll see. Did a birth plan online on NHS website. You just fill in a form and print it out so dead easy. Not started thinking about packing a bag yet but will do that within the next few weeks.

When will you start your birth plan and packing a bag etc? You're not far behind me. I too am getting annoyed with the feeling of bursting for a wee but having tiny ones. Its like a constant pressure. Have you started your antenatal classes Jane? You will have to tell us what you've learnt.

How's Phez?

2.5 days to go! Going swimming with another toddler mummy and her 6 month bump tomorrow, then a picnic in the afternoon with other local toddler mums. Sorry if I'm causing envy, not intentional. After the scan on Thurs going to see DH's family again to break the news, they're actually in Norfolk on holiday.
Feeling much more lively these days which is a relief. Pregnancy seems to be OK at the mo, no complaints. Still CRAZY dreams though, had the most intense dream about a kiss with a random guy, it was an amazing kiss! Felt a bit guilty after that one!

2 days! What time is your scan?

I'm very envious. I'm going to work today on a late shift. I've stopped the long days now though which has helped my swollen feet a lot.

Phez where'd you meet all your toddler mums? I'm one of the first to have a baby in my group of friends. Most of my friends want to wait as they aren't too maternal. There are 2 girls at work now though who are pregnant and around my age which is nice. Would like to meet other mums too though somehow. Maybe through nursery? Does your local area have meeting activities for mums and babies?

We did Baby Sensory, sing and sign, swimming (Water Babies), Mini Monkey gym/Tumble Tots. Free classes are at the Sure Starts across the UK. Can look up your local Sure Start centre. Then there are play groups all over the place. Lots to choose from. Bo Jangles is another national group (singing/dancing).
Oh UK ladies, look up your local NCT nearly new sales. It's a scrum but we got loads of good stuff from them (travel cot was noteable purchase). Be prepared for elbows!

Bobster, my NCT antenatal classes begin in 4 weeks time and last for 10 weeks and will take me right up to my due date- scary they are almost here given how long ago I booked them. Hope to make some mummy friends through the classes. Otherwise I've got no close friends in the local area.

When is your next midwife appointment bobster?

Any temptation to peek in that envelope Mlm?

Yey not long now mrs phez.

Bloody hell, what a crap day at work. I think people should be kinder to me given that I'm pregnant :winkwink:

You're still a squash bobster- rubbish. Think mine won't change tomorrow either.

Good luck for your scan tomorrow mrs phez.

Thanks for tips about mum and baby groups and nct sales. Will def check those out. The water baby thing really appeals to me too as I want to get baby used to water from a young age. I'm terrified of deep water and really struggled with swimming at school. Had to go to classes when I was a bit earlier. Still terrifies me when I can't touch the floor now. My mum was the same so really want the baby not to have that as it'd so limiting.... Feel like a right plonker swimming width ways to avoid the deep end lol!

Jane thought you would have started classes earlier. I'm sure you'll get to know some other couples in 10 weeks. Its a good way to do it. Does your sister live close by? Will you do any mum and baby things after? In York there's post natal yoga which you bring the baby along to. Not sure how that will work but might have a bash to shift the baby weight.

Phez good luck tomorrow. How are you feeling? I remember being so nervous. Enjoy every moment seeing your bub :) and would love to see the scan pic if you don't mind sharing!

Next midwife is a week today. Think thr baby may have moved down as there's so much pressure now especially as I'm walking! Bladder feels ready to pop!

Thanks guys. Not feeling too bad at the moment, probably hit me in the morning. Scan is 8.30 so not long to wait after crawling out of bed! Will try and update asap. Our scanner is broken but could try and take a photo of scan and post it. See you on the other side!!!

Good luck lady! Please update us when you can. Enjoy it :)

MLM nearly 17 weeks already! Time is flying by! I'm scared!!!!

Hello! All is well! One head, 2 arms, 2 legs, measuring what it should. What a relief! Off to tell some people!

YAY! Congratulations MrsPhez thats great news!!!

Congrats Phez!!! Such a happy day for you!

You're right Bobster, time is flying. It is definitely scary, and I'm sure when I'm as far as you I'll start feeling it. Are you scared about the labor/delivery or the part where you actually are responsible for a baby? None of it seems very real to me yet...

So I was just doing a little research after seeing some women on here post about it, and I've convinced myself that I have a mild case of SPD. I have been having an aching pain right on top of my pubic bone for at least a week now along with what feels like a muscle pull type pain on my lower left abdomen. I'm not worried about it being dangerous, but it does make it very uncomfortable to walk and I have developed a strange waddle like walk- very attractive!

Congratulations Mrs Phez, were you grinning from ear to ear whilst telling people?

I don't know too much about SPD Mlm, when usually does it start? Sounds like you have something going on. Hope it doesn't get too uncomfortable/painful for you.

I only know what I read from google this morning, so I'm probably just being crazy. I'm really fine though, it's not too big of a deal.

I feel like I'm obsessed with this baby and thinking about baby stuff. Are you guys like that at all?

I am. It seems the ttc obsession has now changed to baby/pregnancy obsession.. not sure what I will obsess about when's its over!

Mlm maybe ask your midwife. Don't know much about spd. Let's hope its not that.

Had a bit of a moment last night, the sonographer said yesterday the NT was 3 mm ( under3.5mm is OK) so I though OK upper end of the scale but still within the limits. When I saw the report it was 1.9mm so am feeling 100% happy now! I'm guessing she was generally 3mm is OK, not specifically for our LO. Phew. Pretty sure Dexter was 1.9 mm too! Just got to wait for blood results for overall risk.
I had a bit of SPD with D but nothing too bad, I think everyone gets it a little bit in preparation for birth but seems quite early for you mlm, maybe mention it your mw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->