Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

It's weird how u just had a feeling it was a girl. I hope my feeling is right about a boy as I've got so many blue things now. Soo risky given my 0% record!

Phez do you have any feelings based on your scan?

Not based on the scan but this pregnancy is almost identical to that of my boy so I'm going to have to predict boy. Trying to attach now, looks like he's flouting the smoking in pregnancy rule!

Attachments

• Scan.jpg
    Scan.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 6
Yey mlm, congratulations on your little pink bundle!

Phez I can see a girlie nub on your pic. Look up the nub theory on Google!

Thank you, I'm very excited for my little girl!

Thanks for posting the pic Phez! My guess is boy. However I also am terrible at guessing gender : )

You are the best at guessing so far mlm! ;)

I know this is a bit premature, but does anyone know how long it takes for to return after you give birth? And is it safe to be on the contraceptive pill while you breast feed? I was just wondering.

Hmm good question Jane. Not sure. I thought breast feeding delayed af but may be wrong.

Wonder if mackjess knows?

My plan was to avoid contraceptives until I stop breastfeeding as it should stop ovulation and then start pill.

AF came 6 months after I had Dexter, I was expressing for 5 months and it came a month after stopping.
I don't think BF is a reliable form of contraception. Not sure what effect pill would have on milk tbh.

Wow, I had no idea it took that long for af to return. Crazy.

When can you start feeling baby's movements from the outside? I feel her movements (although very light and not constant), but wondering when DH will get to feel.

Ps, it is very nice to have you in this thread Phez since you've gone through all of this before : )

I read it was very effective as a form of contraceptive as long as you do it regularly and don't have long gaps in between feeds.

I'm guessing the midwife will talk about contraception at some point. I want to avoid the pill for as long as possible while i'm breast feeding just to be on the safe side so if its not reliable we'll probably use condoms until after BF.

Copied from NHS website -

Lactational amenorrhoea method (LAM)

Women don't have periods while they're breastfeeding (this is known as lactational amenorrhoea), so breastfeeding can be used as a form of contraception. This is known as the lactational amenorrhoea method (LAM).
The fertility signals used in natural family planning methods are not reliable in women who are breastfeeding.
Women who are fully (or nearly fully) breastfeeding can use the lactational amenorrhoea method for the first six months after their baby is born, as long as:
the woman has complete amenorrhoea (no periods at all)
she's fully or very nearly fully breastfeeding (this means that the baby is having breastmilk only, and very little or no formula)
the baby is less than six months old
When used correctly and consistently, one in 200 women who use LAM will get pregnant in the first six months. However, take care to use the method correctly. Don't feed your baby other foods because this may reduce your lactation.
LAM becomes unreliable when:
other foods or liquids are substituted for breastmilk
your baby reaches six months old

Very interesting, thanks for posting bobster.

UK ladies, Did you see that midwife programme on BBC2 tonight, they had a mum that was 48 and having her first and very immature 16 year olds on also- two extremes. The 16 year olds had the quickest labours you'd ever seen! No dads on the scene for these young mums though.

Yep saw it too. Was on last week as well. That first 16 year old had NO pain relief, not even entenox (G&A), incredible. Think that 48 yr old is pushing her luck for a sibling for their baby (who was sooo cute!). Too darn risky but understand they don't want their child to be alone when they're gone. Very tricky ethically.

Ps, it is very nice to have you in this thread Phez since you've gone through all of this before : )

You're a sweetheart! It already seems so long ago, I feel like a novice again! Am sure it will all come flooding back.

Here we use something called the "mini pill" when on birth control. I think it's progesterone free or something so it doesn't interfere with the milk.

MLM- I know some people go places with their newborns, but other than his pediatrician I didn't take him anywhere the first 3 weeks. We had patio time and stuff outside to get some air, but I wasn't up for trips. He ate so often with breastfeeding at first (sometimes hungry again 20 minutes after I stopped) that I couldn't go anywhere if I wanted to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->