Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Wow baby nail files! Never heard of those! My hubby just used to bite them off, they were so paper thin!
Yep electric and if you can get a double one like Mackjess said, brilliant. I had 2 individual ones to save time as I was pumping every 3-4 hours. Needed to reduce the time extracting the moo juice, I really felt like a cow. So unglamorous but you do anything for your precious little babies!
I'm getting really broody now, the memories are coming back. So happy and lucky to have the chance to do it all again.
Two other things I thought of - something to swaddle your baby in to sleep. Blanket might be a bit warm, we used really large muslin with baby in a sleepsuit. They feel safe when they're all wrapped up tightly (womb like).
And either a night lamp or what we got was a special device that goes in to your normal light fitting on ceiling (need a bulb as well)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00166B0SS/ref=nosim
Unfortunately not available at the moment from Amazon but a genius idea, we loved it.

Wow. I feel like I know nothing about baby stuff after reading your posts! DH and I are going to try to take advantage of some sales this weekend and hopefully order our nursery furniture, yay!

I said to my DH that shopping + babies= happy women. I kinda get excited knowing I'm going to look at baby stuff (just I'm too chicken too actually buy anything!)

Enjoy the shopping Mlm, and congrats on your sweet potato, your pregnancy is flying by!

Well, we just emptied out a good chunk of our bank account today. Bought a convertible crib, dresser, night stand, and glider with ottoman. Plus we got a free pair of the cutest little shoes - her first pair, haha

Yey for the glider chair. A lovely feeding/cuddling experience to be had for you and littlun!

Hi everyone.

Thanks for tips. In getting nervous as my due date creeps forward that I'm going to forget something important so welcome any more things you can think of. Will be going to get a small steriliser, an electric breast pump, a few bottles and baby nail files next weekend. Dan is going to put up the furniture next weekend too.

Jane when are you going to take the plunge and buy stuff? You don't want to leave it too late as you may start to feel pretty tired soon as your bump grows.

Mlm its so exciting baby shopping isn't it. I wish I could fit a glider chair in our nursery but no space. They look really soothing.

I can't remember, do you already have your nursery furniture jane? I only ask because ours will take up to 12 weeks to arrive.

What are all of your thoughts in crib bumpers? To use or not to use?

Hmm I bought one before I read that you shouldn't use them. I think I'm still probably going to use it as I can't see why it would do any harm and if the baby shuffles up the cot I don't want him to bang his little head.

What do you think you'll do mlm?

Yey for your purchases Mlm, oh wow, 12 weeks to deliver, just as well you ordered it now!

I know, we really need to take the plunge and get stuff! Our cot and moses basket will be second hand from my cousin and hoping to go and pick those up in 2 weeks time, will need to order a new mattress for them but not sure of the sizes yet. I'm off work for a week soon and the plan is to clear out what is the office and empty it ready for DH to paint. Once this is done the shopping spree will begin- we've no where to store stuff currently.

I'm probably not going to use the cot bumpers mlm, as beautiful as they look, I just don't want to take any chances with the whole air ventilation thing. Although probably it will make hardly any difference if you do use them.

Bobster, can you post a picture once your nursery is done? Did your buggy arrive? Your baby will be here so soon, I'm excited for you. How many days left at work? Is your bump huge? What are your main symptoms now? Did you decide on names finally?

Oooh yes it is so soon! Not even started the nursery yet but will be sure to post pics when its done. I fear we may be doing it until I'm ready to pop at this rate.

I just tried to bid on a breast pump on ebay and the stupid thing didn't register my bid grrrr. Lost such a bargain. I am going to try and get the medula swing breast pump. Its £130 new but on ebay you can snap them up for under £30. Looked at reviews and looks good.

Names wise we're still referring to bump as Jack but need to give it more thought to be sure. I have always liked the name Jack though as its straight forward, there's no shortening it and I like that its short and quite masculine. As for girls we don't have any names and haven't discussed them. We thought about Lily Sue a while ago but so sure that its a boy haven't given it anymore thought.

Anymore name idea's for you guys?

Buggy has arrived but is at the inlaws until we have space. We too have very little room to store things. The spare room is currently a dumping ground of baby things. Looks such a mess.

Where will you move the office to Jane? Do you think you'll upsize soon if you're planning a second quite quickly?

I've always liked the name Jack. Very masculine and strong. I almost forgot you don't know the gender, I'm convinced yours is a boy too!

Anymore name idea's for your lo mlm?

Norah is my favorite still. DH prefers it spelled Nora though. I really don't have any other names I'm in love with.

love the name Jack, and any boys I've met with the name are usually adorable little sparks!

so exciting you all are getting your things. I had so much fun baby shopping. mm, I wish I'd purchased a glider when dh was in the spending mood. we have a comfy recliner in there, but I can never get in good position, so I keep bringing him back to bed to nurse in our room and then feel bad if I wake dh. I think I'm going to start shopping for a deal on one on Craigslist or something as I can always wash the cushions or put new fabric on it.

Norah/Nora is a beautiful name.

Is craigslist like ebay?

Since I've been looking at baby things I am much more convinced that second hand is the way forward as it all adds up to such an expense if you buy everything new.

What going home from hospital outfit will you be putting baby in? I am trying to write a list for my hospital bag. I was just going to keep baby in sleep suits while its new born. Is this appropriate or not? I think I have some little leggings so could use those and a vest with top. Haven't really bought many outfits for baby as I thought he'd be living in sleep suits for a while but now I'm not so sure..

my sister bought me his outfit. it was a white cotton sleeper, but not ones with footies. it had blue trim and matching hat and blue booties.

since its summer Finn is mostly in onesies and socks. I think the more comfortable the better .

Congrats on 34 weeks bobster.
Did you go around to your in laws to play with the buggy?

It's my 28 week midwife appointment today and my whooping cough vaccination- absolutely hate needles! :nope:

How is everyone doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->