Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Haha bobster, can't believe you POAS when your 35 weeks! Like you need any more convincing that your pregnant! That's curiosity for you :winkwink:

Oh wow, 2 more weeks for you at Work- take it easy bob. I'm ready to finish now, but think that's partly cos I've had a week off and can't be arsed to go back.

Yep, antenatal classes start Tuesday night. Even after chasing up for the NHS ones I never heard anything (due to overwhelming demand in my area) so good job I had booked these NCT private ones. The course is 10 weeks long but has some early days material in there too.

We are about to head off to look at buggies (oh and a new bike for DH :coffee:)

Looking forward to seeing your nursery pic. Don't forget to pack some slippers in your bag!

Good luck buggy hunting Jane!
Haha Bobster, you crazy lady! Will you a POAS when baby is born?!!!!
Both coming to final stages of your pregnancies, wowee. You'll be Mummies soon.
Just potty training Dexter at the moment which is going pretty well. And the other day he said "I love you Mummy" when we were in the car, completely out of the blue. That melted my heart. So many fun times for you! And tough ones too, I won't pretend.
Bump is huge already, think I am eating too much hehe!

Ooh will you buy a pram today Jane or just choose it? Hate going back to work after a hol. Bot ling now though till you can start your mat leave.

Phez bumps are meant to be bigger second time around. Is it time for some bump progression shots ladies? Dexter sounds so cute.

We ordered an icandy cherry pushchair and carry cot. Scary Banana! Unlike others I had tried I felt 100% happy with what it can do and it's limitations. Feels like a big step forward.

Mrs phez, did you initially feel more nervous driving with a child in the car?

I can't say I did actually Jane. I've never been a nervous driver or been in an accident (even though I realise it's often other drivers who are the danger). You'll be fine!
Bobster, yes Dexter is a poppet. Behaves nicely and shares his things with other kids, sleeps well, knows his alphabet and can count to 20 and he's bloody beautiful. And I'm not exaggerating, he truly is very special. What will the next one be like I wonder? Scary! We've had an easy ride so far....
Ooh I had a sip of DH's beer last night and felt a little thud! Thinking the time is right to focus on belly flutters. Can't believe I'm almost 16 weeks, crazy! Think I was nearer 20 weeks feeling Dexter's kicks.
Yes this bump is bigger but you can see it's not just baby bump! (I tried my fab new maternity swimsuit on tonight). Time to rein in the eating a little.

Lovely Jane what colour did you get?

I couldnt get into AN classes either. Stupid nhs. Going to a breast feeding workshop though next saturday. Thought that would be more useful.

Was up in the middle of the night last night with back ache, nausea, loose stools and period type cramps. Was scary. OH was asleep and working today so didn't want to wake him. I was on and off the toilet as felt an immense pressure on bladder/bowels. Had to take 2 paracetamol. It seems to have eased this morning though thank god. If it happens again I might ring the triage unit. Soooo ready to have this baby out now. Uncomfortable :(

Phez thats exciting that you felt your first thud! and so early! I think when you know what you're looking out for its probably easier to feel it.

Dexter will soon have a little brother or sister! If you're carrying differently this time perhaps its a girlie. I am carrying straight out in front and everyone says you can't tell from the back which means a boy apparently- girls you put more weight on at the sides too. Oooh love guessing its so exciting.

Just checked out your pram - looks swish. I particularly like the toffee fudge one. When will it arrive? Whats your next purchase going to be?

Lovely Jane what colour did you get?

I couldnt get into AN classes either. Stupid nhs. Going to a breast feeding workshop though next saturday. Thought that would be more useful.

Was up in the middle of the night last night with back ache, nausea, loose stools and period type cramps. Was scary. OH was asleep and working today so didn't want to wake him. I was on and off the toilet as felt an immense pressure on bladder/bowels. Had to take 2 paracetamol. It seems to have eased this morning though thank god. If it happens again I might ring the triage unit. Soooo ready to have this baby out now. Uncomfortable :(

Blimey Bobster, sounds like early labour but I'm guessing you haven't lost your plug yet or had a show, more tell tale signs. Had very very loose stools when my contractions started, you probably have read about this..
Just saw a friend that was convinced labour was starting, it was the baby turning to head down position but she was writhing around on the floor it was so painful. Maybe that's what happened to you last night? Perhaps a call to mw would put your mind at rest. Scary but exciting!

Thanks Phez. Havent had a show or lost plug yet no. Keeping an eye out though. Did you also feel sick when your labour started? I felt like I needed to be sick. Baby's already head down according to midwife so I wonder if its engaging now. She said it was free last time. I see her on Wednesday so I guess we'll see.

Oh I'm scared of having the baby too early in case its not as healthy but at the same time want this pressure feeling to go!

:hugs:Don't worry Bobster. Sorry if I scared you. Probably is baby's head moving further down the pelvis, hence period like pain and pressure you mentioned. Don't have experience of nausea during labour so can't comment on that. All will be fine

oh blimey bobster, I can imagine how scary that was. I would ring the MW just to check in if you don't want to wait until your appointment on Wednesday. It could still be a couple of weeks off yet so try not to worry (if you can). How are you feeling today- does the pressure continue?

My sister was born at 36 weeks and she is a 5ft 10 pain in the arse, but perfectly healthy.

We wanted the toffee fudge colour but icandy have had supply issues with that colour for many months so we were advised to choose another. I wanted black but DH said it was too depressing so settled on the deep purple colour (mulberry) which is not my fav but will be fine. We just ordered some Ikea storage solutions for the nursery in white and lime green- DH certainly likes his colours! will probably just do the walls white to keep it from being too overbearing in there.

Thought I was better today but as I've been pottering about the pressure has come back. It feels just like period pains in my lower stomach and back. Its awful. Wondering if it is the babys head getting further down. Don't think I can bear this is it carries on for another 5 weeks. Let alone working with it eek. Wish i'd not extended my mat leave now. I rang triage and they said the increase fluids and call back if stomach starts to tighten. She said I might have a bug if I've had diarrhea. It feels worse than a stomach bug though.

I also liked the mulberry one. Its a big brighter than the toffee fudge. I think it would be between those for me too. Its very exciting. I'm just sorting through some stuff in the half done nursery and thinking perhaps I've gone a bit colour mad too. Still have the bunting to put up and some home made pictures to do but we're getting there.

Attachments

• IMAG1185.jpg
    IMAG1185.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMAG1158.jpg
    IMAG1158.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG1180.jpg
    IMAG1180.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 5
  • 35+3 (7).jpg
    35+3 (7).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 2
Baby bag packed and ready to go!

I'm wondering if this pain is another UTI as keep needing a wee but only a tiny amount comes out and generally feels a bit irritated. Hmmm.. Think I'm going to try some antibiotics and see if that helps.

How's Mack and mlm??

Attachments

• IMAG1183.jpg
    IMAG1183.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
Looks lovely bobster, really like the cot sheets you chose from mamas and papas. Where did you get the wall stickers from?

Pleased you rung triage- doesn't sound like they are immediately concerned so hope that's put your mind at ease a bit.

I know with my work, if you ring in sick with a pregnancy related issue close to when you would be going on mat leave anyway, they will automatically start your mat leave- so perhaps this may be the same for your work- see how you feel as the weekend goes on and put your feet up for a bit :hugs:

Sorry you aren't feeling well Bobster. I'm sure it is worrying considering how many weeks along you are. I love love love your pictures! I wanted to get polka dots too for my wall- are those decals? Do you know how many inches they are? The website I saw them on has a bunch of different sizes but I want them the same size you have.

Yay, 20 weeks for me today! Halfway there!

Thanks guys. We still have a lot to do though. Got to make it a bit more homely as its a bit bare at the moment. Wanted a cream thick pile pug to make it warmer. Need to put bunting up too and make some wall pictures. Going to have a go at making a crayola picture and some fabric ones.

This website is really good- we ordered the bunting from here too and its really good quality.

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/oakdenedesigns/product/multicoloured-polka-dot-wall-sticker-set

Yay on 20 weeks mlm!!! This next 20 weeks will fly by i'm sure.

Attachments

• crayola.jpg
    crayola.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2
Yes congrats on your cantaloupe! One day I will get round to buying one of those and i'll think of this thread when I do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->