Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Haha. I am going grocery shopping today and may have to buy myself a canteloupe! Do any of you have particular food cravings? I've never been much of a sweets person but lately I can't get enough of cakes, cookies, doughnuts...basically anything sweet.

I'll eat pretty much anything and everything! Love a bit of cantaloupe, my favourite melon! Congrats on hitting 20 weeks!

The only thing I've craved is fruit. Gone from strawberries to peaches to apples. Can't get enough. Also ice cubes and icy fruit juice.

Maybe your little girl is wanting sweets mlm.

I too love anything sweet but then I always have! Find myself craving marzipan and red grapes.

Bobster, thanks for that link for the room stickers, DH and I have chosen a family of 3 elephants for the wall- just waiting for the cot to come before I order so I make sure I choose a sticker size in proportion to the cot.

How are you feeling now, do you think it was a UTI?

Congrats on 16 weeks Mrs Phez :flower:

Got to pick up some cot blankets today i've got from that website 'freecyle'- great website but baby stuff gets snapped up so quickly. Anti natal classes start tomorrow night :happydance:

I saw the family of elephants and loved them!

Let us know how your AN class goes tomorrow.

Will check out freecycle later tonight after work :)

Feeling much better today - spent all day yesterday slumming it with OH watching movies and eating junk. I hardly did any walking which is what seems to trigger the pains. At work at 12 so we'll see if it happens again. I've naughtily started some antibiotics for possible uti so will continue with them as see if that helps too. I know I shouldn't self treat but just had to do something as the pain was unbearable.

Had a crazy day, 2 hours at playgroup, swimming lesson and mw appointment where Dexter and I heard the heartbeat! All well with routine bloods etc. So for fun...gender predictions? <140 boy, >140 girl. Can remember your baby's heart rates and did it accurately predict girl or boy? Nonsense really I know, but passes the next 4 weeks till we can find out for certain.

Oh what a busy day! What your your bubs heart rate Phez? Mines been around 140-50 each time.

I think the old wives tale says higher for a girl and lower for a boy. Think it really differs though depending on how active they are. I think you're having a girl for some reason... can you see any nubs on any of your 12 week scan pics?

My baby's heartrate has always been on the high side. Has settled down around 163.

I have my last ultrasound tomorrow. A little nervous and excited. Hope everything is good!

I was never told what the heart rate was and my notes just say 'fetal heart rate heard' so I couldn't use it as a factor in my gender guess. I think gut feeling goes a long way- what do you think? 4 weeks until you find out :flower:

Good luck tomorrow Mlm.

Thanks Jane. Have fun at your class! Hope you learn lots!

Oh yeah, forgot to say I had a dream that at my ultrasound they discovered that my baby girl was actually a boy- a little nervous that will happen since I've been thinking its a girl for over 3 weeks now!

Enjoy Jane. Hope you learn lots and meet some nice people.

Mlm don't worry its sooo unlikely for that to happen. You've had loads of scans so I'm sure a penis would have been picked up by now :)

Hehe you're bound to worry as there's lots of horror stories around but its very unusual for them to get it wrong. Are you going to buy a lot of girlie coloured stuff or are you going to keep it more neutral for future babies?

Jane how'd the antenatal class go?

Been thinking about contraception and not sure what to do about it. Not sure about whether to go on the pill again or just use condoms. I hate having artificial hormones in my body but also hate using condoms - such a passion killer. Hmmm.. have you ladies thought about this yet?

I'm going on the mini pill since I'm breastfeeding. hoping it won't bother me too much.

I'm personally going to just use condoms. No more pills for me. May be annoying at times, but I'm leaning towards a more natural approach. Personal preference I guess.

Almost all women are know have a coil fitted. Another uses withdrawal method, scary! I am too old to go back on the pill I think, will have to think about this one too.

Durrr can't believe I didnt post the heart rate. It was 152 and she heard him/her moving around. I am going to guess boy (perhaps cos I want another boy!) Dexter keeps switching allegiances and my DH won't comment, no surprise there but think he wants a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->